Why do the God-haters persist?

Religion makes you dumb Why So Many Americans Don't 'Believe' In Evolution, Climate Change And Vaccines | HuffPost

The real question is why people want to believe something that flies in the face of scientific evidence. In some cases, the reason can be political: Solving the problems created by climate change would mean standing in the way of the free market, something conservatives tend to oppose.

When someone’s self-image or social acceptance is at stake, badgering them with facts isn’t likely to change their minds, research has shown.

In fact, a 2010 study found that when people were shown incorrect information alongside a correction, the update failed to reverse their initial belief in the misinformation. Even worse, partisans who were motivated to believe the original incorrect information became even more firm in their belief in that information after reading a correction, the researchers found. For example, conservatives who were told that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction before the Iraq war believed that claim more firmly after reading a correction.

Basically religion is making you people dumb just as I predicted.
You do realize that the overwhelming number of efforts in scientific endeavors result in failure.
But nobody advertises failures.
Yet another stupid post.
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to deny evolution? America is flawed because of our religiousness. It’s definitely a way they control us and it’s proof religion is bad. To deny facts logic and reason because of it.

At least you aren’t as bad as isis
We have still not found the missing link between us and apes

You're about 8 years behind the times girl. Wake up.

Missing link between man and apes found

Religion makes you dumb Why So Many Americans Don't 'Believe' In Evolution, Climate Change And Vaccines | HuffPost

The real question is why people want to believe something that flies in the face of scientific evidence. In some cases, the reason can be political: Solving the problems created by climate change would mean standing in the way of the free market, something conservatives tend to oppose.

When someone’s self-image or social acceptance is at stake, badgering them with facts isn’t likely to change their minds, research has shown.

In fact, a 2010 study found that when people were shown incorrect information alongside a correction, the update failed to reverse their initial belief in the misinformation. Even worse, partisans who were motivated to believe the original incorrect information became even more firm in their belief in that information after reading a correction, the researchers found. For example, conservatives who were told that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction before the Iraq war believed that claim more firmly after reading a correction.

You do realize that the overwhelming number of efforts in scientific endeavors result in failure.
Yet another stupid post.
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to deny evolution? America is flawed because of our religiousness. It’s definitely a way they control us and it’s proof religion is bad. To deny facts logic and reason because of it.

It's so nice knowing more than you.

Between 1.5 and 2 million years ago, chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) and bonobos (Pan paniscus) evolved from a common ancestor and formed clear physical and behavioural differences. Bonobos are smaller and more slender than chimpanzees. Socially, chimpanzees live in male-dominated groups, while bonobo society is female-dominated.

Until today, no one had considered the idea that these two separate species could exchange genes, largely because of a major physical barrier that separates chimpanzees and bonobos: the Congo River. Chimpanzees live on the northern side of the river, while bonobos live on the southern side.

It has even been suggested that the formation of the Congo River, which also happened between 1.5 million to 2 million years ago, might have been a major driver in causing the two species to differentiate from a common ancestor.

Yet another stupid post.

Speculative nonsense not based in ANY scientific finding.

Yet another stupid post.

Speculative nonsense not based in ANY scientific finding.

Science vs. Science™!

Yet another stupid post.

ONE of the sentences in the quoted article above begins like this:

"If it is confirmed as a missing link..."

Those two letters IF destroys your whole case.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

Verbiose vomitosus.

A better question is why 'god' drowns innocent women and children.
Ad hominem.
The universe is mathematically impossible.

Obviously not or it wouldn't be here. Dumbest comment of the day.
I see you are selective when it comes to Google.
As I said yesterday, you only agree with those scientists who agree with you.
That's the major flaw of arrogance.

Yet another stupid post.

You idiots can continue to deny global warming and evolution. I'm done with you. We are dumber in America than the rest of the world because of you. This is why I say American religions are making America stupider and they are effecting our elections and policies. It has to stop Don't ask why we persist. We persist because you suck.

You missed the 70s Global Freeze Agenda?
You're an arrogant piece of shit at times.

Yet another stupid post.

It's so nice knowing more than you.

Between 1.5 and 2 million years ago, chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) and bonobos (Pan paniscus) evolved from a common ancestor and formed clear physical and behavioural differences. Bonobos are smaller and more slender than chimpanzees. Socially, chimpanzees live in male-dominated groups, while bonobo society is female-dominated.

Until today, no one had considered the idea that these two separate species could exchange genes, largely because of a major physical barrier that separates chimpanzees and bonobos: the Congo River. Chimpanzees live on the northern side of the river, while bonobos live on the southern side.

It has even been suggested that the formation of the Congo River, which also happened between 1.5 million to 2 million years ago, might have been a major driver in causing the two species to differentiate from a common ancestor.
It's so cool that you can squeeze 8 years of math, chemistry, physics, biology, physiology and anatomy out of a web site.
Either that or you're fool enough to think you have any knowledge of any article you speed read through.

It also says a talking snake talked

Where is that?????
Genesis 3 / Hebrew - English Bible / Mechon-Mamre
Of course, sealy never reads anything in context.
It's the Internet PhD syndrome.

In Genesis 3, Eve interacts with a serpent. That serpent is clearly identified in the Bible, culminating in Revelations 20 : 2 which reads:

"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years..."

In short, the story is about Eve and a fallen Angel named Satan.
Revelations is about the fall of the Roman Empire.

are you sure? It is not entirely clear to me------JWs certainly believe so.

Satan is a kind of "angel" in jewish theology since it is a creation of "god" But
that "fallen" thing is something that seems to have been a late invention
I dunno. That's what I was taught. It seemed plausible. It was written in code so to speak because they were still occupied by Rome so they couldn't just openly discuss the demise of the Roman Empire. They used commonly know symbols that Jews of that day would recognize and associate with Rome. One of the keys is early in the text where it says these things will not be far off into the future. Or something to that effect. I'm working off of memory here.

I personally like the idea that satan is an angel working for God to tempt and test us. Wisdom and knowledge should not be given to just any jack-a-nape. They should earn it by showing they are deserving.

Plus it sort of fits in with the concept that everything God created was good. Evil is not extant. It doesn't exist on it own. Evil is the absence of good. Just like cold is the absence of heat and darkness is the absence of light.

Yet another stupid post.

And we know life happened once and only once on Earth. Never before and never since.

And we know life happened once and only once on Earth ... Never before and never since.

the transition is metaphysical, completed in the genome then translated from one generation to the next, an entirely new species from a single parent to its offspring that from that time forward will represent only the new being when reproducing.

whether a rudimentary example, missing link is manifested or not the process is only accomplished using the original template of life that predated humanity by millions of years. whether from ape or not humans are not the original creation and simply a prototype after its initiation.

at any rate the contradiction between the two desert religionists simply underscores the lack of continuity for all three of their religions and the continued need to search further for the actual truth as having never been accomplished but in their own limited mindset at the expense of humanity as proven by recorded history over time.

Yet another stupid post.

You idiots can continue to deny global warming and evolution. I'm done with you. We are dumber in America than the rest of the world because of you. This is why I say American religions are making America stupider and they are effecting our elections and policies. It has to stop Don't ask why we persist. We persist because you suck.

Don’t even take you seriously

Yet another stupid post.

And we know life happened once and only once on Earth. Never before and never since.

And we know life happened once and only once on Earth ... Never before and never since.

the transition is metaphysical, completed in the genome then translated from one generation to the next, an entirely new species from a single parent to its offspring that from that time forward will represent only the new being when reproducing.

whether a rudimentary example, missing link is manifested or not the process is only accomplished using the original template of life that predated humanity by millions of years. whether from ape or not humans are not the original creation and simply a prototype after its initiation.

at any rate the contradiction between the two desert religionists simply underscores the lack of continuity for all three of their religions and the continued need to search further for the actual truth as having never been accomplished but in their own limited mindset at the expense of humanity as proven by recorded history over time.
This I believe is evidence the rich/republicans and churches In America are in cohorts to control and keep us stupid.

More so in America than any other country we have people who doubt global warming and evolution. This is the doing of fundamentalist Christian churches and republicans. No question

Where is that?????

In Genesis 3, Eve interacts with a serpent. That serpent is clearly identified in the Bible, culminating in Revelations 20 : 2 which reads:

"And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years..."

Satan is a kind of "angel" in jewish theology since it is a creation of "god" But
I dunno. That's what I was taught. It seemed plausible. It was written in code so to speak because they were still occupied by Rome so they couldn't just openly discuss the demise of the Roman Empire. They used commonly know symbols that Jews of that day would recognize and associate with Rome. One of the keys is early in the text where it says these things will not be far off into the future. Or something to that effect. I'm working off of memory here.

I personally like the idea that satan is an angel working for God to tempt and test us. Wisdom and knowledge should not be given to just any jack-a-nape. They should earn it by showing they are deserving.

Plus it sort of fits in with the concept that everything God created was good. Evil is not extant. It doesn't exist on it own. Evil is the absence of good. Just like cold is the absence of heat and darkness is the absence of light.

I tend to think Revelations was prophesy of near future events when written but is now past.
The seige of Jerusalem was a horror to match what was written there.
Titus, a hardened soldier, made a public vow to the gods that he never intended to cause such suffering.

Yet another stupid post.

You should. He knows what he is talking about.

I tend to think Revelations was prophesy of near future events when written but is now past.
The seige of Jerusalem was a horror to match what was written there.
Titus, a hardened soldier, made a public vow to the gods that he never intended to cause such suffering.

Revelations is yet to pass.

Yet another stupid post.

Ad hominem...your lack of shame knows no limits.
Do you hang a phony Medical Degree on your shingle?

Ad hominem...your lack of shame knows no limits.
Do you hang a phony Medical Degree on your shingle?

I don’t believe any Muslim cleric do you? They are experts on the Koran. Don’t you think they would have figured out it was made up if it was?

Maybe now you see how ridiculous you are

Forum List

Back