Why do the God-haters persist?

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

Verbiose vomitosus.

A better question is why 'god' drowns innocent women and children.
why where women and children living where they could drown?

Religion makes you dumb Why So Many Americans Don't 'Believe' In Evolution, Climate Change And Vaccines | HuffPost

The real question is why people want to believe something that flies in the face of scientific evidence. In some cases, the reason can be political: Solving the problems created by climate change would mean standing in the way of the free market, something conservatives tend to oppose.

When someone’s self-image or social acceptance is at stake, badgering them with facts isn’t likely to change their minds, research has shown.

In fact, a 2010 study found that when people were shown incorrect information alongside a correction, the update failed to reverse their initial belief in the misinformation. Even worse, partisans who were motivated to believe the original incorrect information became even more firm in their belief in that information after reading a correction, the researchers found. For example, conservatives who were told that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction before the Iraq war believed that claim more firmly after reading a correction.

Basically religion is making you people dumb just as I predicted.
You do realize that the overwhelming number of efforts in scientific endeavors result in failure.
But nobody advertises failures.
Yet another stupid post.
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to deny evolution? America is flawed because of our religiousness. It’s definitely a way they control us and it’s proof religion is bad. To deny facts logic and reason because of it.

At least you aren’t as bad as isis
We have still not found the missing link between us and apes
We have still not found the missing link between us and apes

And we know life happened once and only once on Earth. Never before and never since.

And we know life happened once and only once on Earth ... Never before and never since.

the transition is metaphysical, completed in the genome then translated from one generation to the next, an entirely new species from a single parent to its offspring that from that time forward will represent only the new being when reproducing.

whether a rudimentary example, missing link is manifested or not the process is only accomplished using the original template of life that predated humanity by millions of years. whether from ape or not humans are not the original creation and simply a prototype after its initiation.

at any rate the contradiction between the two desert religionists simply underscores the lack of continuity for all three of their religions and the continued need to search further for the actual truth as having never been accomplished but in their own limited mindset at the expense of humanity as proven by recorded history over time.
Arrogance of ignorance is not a argument.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.

Sometimes they are not God haters. They are organized religion haters. The reasons are because of atrocities committed in the name of religion and the not very nice treatments some religious people give to others who are non-religious.
And yet it is secularists who has caused the deaths of MILLIONS in under a century far more then religion.... Or did you think despotic dictators were motivated by God?

And 90% of physical phenomena will never be explained by science.
90%, eh? Your divine powers of clairvoyance are amazing.

By the way, you could have just said "will never be explained", and left it at that. Magical religious bullshit explains exactly nothing. Only empirical knowledge explains anything.

And yet it is secularists who has caused the deaths of MILLIONS in under a century far more then religion.... Or did you think despotic dictators were motivated by God?
No, they create a religion centered on themselves. Yes, it is religion. Just because they are worshipping a fat little asshole in North Korea instead of a magical sky wizard makes it no less of a religion.

No, they create a religion centered on themselves. Yes, it is religion. Just because they are worshipping a fat little asshole in North Korea instead of a magical sky wizard makes it no less of a religion.
Much like your regressivism or feminism or Global Warming or Atheism.

Oh here we go....someone call the waaaahmbulance....

No professor, scinetific theories are not religion . They are precisely the opposite. Feminism? Wha? Got beaten by a girl a few times, didn't ya?

Oh here we go....someone call the waaaahmbulance....

No professor, scinetific theories are not religion . They are precisely the opposite. Feminism? Wha? Got beaten by a girl a few times, didn't ya?
Theories are by definition not fact and only educated belief... Like Religion. Funny how again your ignorance and arrogance flaunting it is amusing.

Sometimes they are not God haters. They are organized religion haters. The reasons are because of atrocities committed in the name of religion and the not very nice treatments some religious people give to others who are non-religious.

I never shared what I personally myself thought.

Nope you didn't. You just inferred by attacking all religion for the action of a few. Of course I guess it does depend on what the said religion is. Not sure Islam is a religion of peace like every president says. Yet I am not a Muslim so I dont know.

Theories are by definition not fact and only educated belief... Like Religion.
That is some seriously ignorant garbage there. Scientific theories are precisely the opposite of religion and faith. They are testable ideas. They are elevated to the status of "scientific theory" by mountains of mutually supprtive evidence. There are methods in place that can be used to understand who is right and who is wrong. Faith and religion lack all of this . You should maybe never open your mouth about scientific theories ever again.

Yes, some scitinfic theories are indeed considered to be fact. Don't believe me? Stick a fork in a live electrical outlet. Put your baby in a microwave. Repeat both experiments 1000000 times. Let me know if any of them turn out differently than the others.

Nope you didn't. You just inferred by attacking all religion for the action of a few. Of course I guess it does depend on what the said religion is. Not sure Islam is a religion of peace like every president says. Yet I am not a Muslim so I dont know.

Baloney. I shared what my friends say as the reason they are upset at religion. And if you keep reading I mentioned terrorists as an example.

That is some seriously ignorant garbage there. Scientific theories are precisely the opposite of religion and faith. They are testable ideas. They are elevated to the status of "scientific theory" by mountains of mutually supprtive evidence. There are methods in place that can be used to understand who is right and who is wrong. Faith and religion lack all of this . You should maybe never open your mouth about scientific theories ever again.

Yes, some scitinfic theories are indeed considered to be fact. Don't believe me? Stick a fork in a live electrical outlet. Put your baby in a microwave. Repeat both experiments 1000000 times. Let me know if any of them turn out differently than the others.
If they were testable they would be fact not theory....Perhaps you need to relearn some things.

If they were testable they would be fact not theory....Perhaps you need to relearn some things.
Wow dude, you would immediately fail any science class. You are 100% , ass-backwards wrong. The definition of a scientific idea is whether or not it is testable. The ones that become scientific theories have been tested extensively. Seriosuly man, you should stop talking.

Verbiose vomitosus.

A better question is why 'god' drowns innocent women and children.
why where women and children living where they could drown?

You aren't the only one with bizarre questions child, Skeeter has the answers...

There is NO god. Can we please stop attempting to run our society based on this baseless idea of being ruled over by a evil monster in the sky already? Jezzzz.
No one believes in such nonsense, dude.

The weakness of atheism is fairly well illustrated by the grotesque distortions made by atheists like yourself of the object you claim to understand conceptually but never seem to be able to describe accurately.

You reject what you are completely ignorant about.

That is called prejudice and bigotry.

Wow dude, you would immediately fail any science class. You are 100% , ass-backwards wrong. The definition of a scientific idea is whether or not it is testable. The ones that become scientific theories have been tested extensively. Seriosuly man, you should stop talking.
Theory is not fact. You can postulate yet not test a theory. Why? Because is you could successfully test a theory it would then become fact. Like gravity is a fact. Relativity is a theory. A educated faith.

90%, eh? Your divine powers of clairvoyance are amazing.

By the way, you could have just said "will never be explained", and left it at that. Magical religious bullshit explains exactly nothing. Only empirical knowledge explains anything.

Says the man who swears he knows of other life forms.

... Magical religious bullshit explains exactly nothing. Only empirical knowledge explains anything.
Says the man who swears he knows of other life forms.
And Fort Fuckup doesnt seem to realize that empirical process do not explain mathematics, or basic cosmological concepts at all.

He shits on the back of giants and thinks he is king of a compost mountain.

Forum List

Back