Why do the God-haters persist?

Why do the God-haters persist?
If no one else has already said it, let me make it very simple for you. No reason to complicate things.

Atheists HATE the idea of God because it takes control and determination of their lives as the center of power away from THEM--- self-determination. It also makes them answer to an absolute code of morality rather than their own relative, ego-istic one. Inconvenient.

Governments hate God for a similar reason, it removes them as the highest power for which man must answer to. Control. It also forces them to deal with human morality, the very antithesis of government, a machine.

Besides for all we know God gave us a spark of life.
Who gave God the spark of life?
No need. God is eternal and unchanging.

Consciousness without form.
Prove it.
The only thing PROVEN to be eternal is ENERGY!
And eventually equilibrates which we don't see.

Not to mention that matter and energy cannot exist outside of space and time without creating space and time.
Equilibrium violates the Third Law of Thermodynamics.
And thank you for admitting Energy created space/time.
Not this again.

Unlike you I actually have a logical argument for my beliefs that is founded in reality.
False. All of it is founded on magical first premises, the truth of which you could not possibly know, rendering your logic possibly unsound. Not that you have any idea what that word means, in this context.

Who gave God the spark of life?

Prove it.

Not to mention that matter and energy cannot exist outside of space and time without creating space and time.
Not this again.
YOU brought YOUR pontification up, did you really expect it to go unchallenged afterwards???

Atheists HATE the idea of God because it takes control and determination of their lives as the center of power away from THEM--- self-determination.
False. Most atheists simply pay no mind to the idea and have no use for it. Your whiny diatribe is just an excerise in self soothing and in self affirmation.

Prove it.

Not this again.
YOU brought YOUR pontification up, did you really expect it to go unchallenged afterwards???
It's a red herring that has no relation to entropy. Specifically how useable energy becomes unusable to the system.

But you go right ahead and argue that objects don't equilibrate in the universe.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.
I don't think people hate God-I think they hate people who push their beliefs in God on them.

Atheists HATE the idea of God because it takes control and determination of their lives as the center of power away from THEM--- self-determination.
False. Most atheists simply pay no mind to the idea and have no use for it. Your whiny diatribe is just an excerise in self soothing and in self affirmation.
Most atheists aren't here arguing about God.

We see them here everyday, interjecting their hate-filled insultuous attacks on the religious, mocking and ridiculing to a bizarre extreme, anything and everything to do with God. They largely profess to be "Atheists" although some, as if to denote a hint of reluctance to go quite that far, will claim agnosticism instead. Best play it safe if we're dealing with a super-force who can send you to the pits of hell for all eternity, eh? But they have a dirty little secret they don't want any of us to know. They are not, in fact, Atheists or agnostic.

True Atheists have absolutely no inclination to attack people who profess religious belief. If anything, they are amused by the "believers" and find them a bit of a novelty. Much like an adult who encounters a child believing in Santa or the Easter Bunny. There is no harm to the adult in such beliefs, the adult knows these are not real entities, and it's simply an amusement to them. In fact, they may even 'play along' with the idea, just in the name of fun. What does it hurt? No, you don't see hoards of smart-assed punks at the mall where Santa visits, ridiculing and belittling the people standing in line to see him. Message boards aren't clogged up with degenerate misfits decrying the belief of a giant bunny who brings candy and hides eggs, because it doesn't really matter to anyone that some people entertain this notion.

Oh but it's because those are just kids, Boss! Well okay, let's take the thousands of nutty conspiracy theories out there. Do you see any evidence of people devoting every waking hour to go on message boards and forums to "inform" these people how they are crazy and misinformed? Nope. It doesn't matter. As long as you know something is too far-fetched to be true, you could care less what other people think. If someone wants to think Elvis is still alive on some remote island, what difference does that make to me? I might be inclined to casually comment that I don't believe it, but I am certainly not devoting the bulk of my energy and time online to categorically try and refute any inkling of thought pertaining to such a theory. And I am certainly not going to the extreme efforts to ridicule and insult the nuts who believe such theories. It's just not that important to me, nor to anyone else for that matter.

But with the God-haters and God, things are quite different. Although they claim to be Atheists or agnostics, my suspicion is they are anything but. It appears they are devout believers in God, who fully understand the power of God and how much God influences others who believe in Him. To put it in simple terms, they fear God. They are afraid if they do not stand up and fight God with all their might, God may become a bigger influence and that wouldn't be good for them, for whatever reason.

Most of the time, these reasons center around that person's life choices. They have totally abandoned the God they very much believe in, so they can be unaccountable for their moral behaviors. As long as there is "no god" to judge them, they can do whatever they please and there are no consequences. It's important that we understand, any time someone is doing something immoral or wrong, they had rather have company. This provides a codependency, a way they can somehow justify their behavior to themselves.

So this is why the God-haters persist on message boards and forums, to 'recruit' people over to their way of thinking. They believe they can ridicule and cajole people into being ashamed of their beliefs and those people will ultimately join their faction. If nothing else, it is 'therapeutic' for them to vent their anger and vitriol toward the God they know is real, and they are almost certain to meet up with others who are doing the same thing.
I don't think people hate God-I think they hate people who push their beliefs in God on them.
You do realize that you voluntarily came to a religious forum and chose to discuss the existence of God, right?

You do realize that you voluntarily came to a religious forum and chose to discuss the existence of God, right?
Which is irrelevant whining, as he didn't directly accuse any individual in the thread of this, much less all of them.

I see you are so triggered at the thought of God having dominion over your life you couldn't wait to jump in with your stodgy rationalizations justifying it. The truth is that a man's life is a combination of free will and predetermination.

I see you are so triggered at the thought of God having dominion over your life you couldn't wait to jump in with your stodgy rationalizations justifying it.
Which is nonsensical self delusion and self soothing, as this is a public forum where that is what everyone does.

No, I dont believe a magical sky daddy has dominion over anything. And thats all. And this is because I see no need for such a stupid, childish idea. And this is the case for most atheists.

If you have to invent little dollies to play with instead of responding to what I actually say, then you don't need a message board. You only need a mirror and a box of kleenex.

Which is irrelevant whining, as he didn't directly accuse any individual in the thread of this, much less all of them.
I'm not whining. I am pointing out that no one is forcing anything upon him. He is here of his own free will.

You may have been able to understand my point if you knew anything about logic and deductive reasoning.

I see you are so triggered at the thought of God having dominion over your life you couldn't wait to jump in with your stodgy rationalizations justifying it.
Which is nonsensical self delusion and self soothing, as this is a public forum where that is what everyone does.

No, I dont believe a magical sky daddy has dominion over anything. And thats all. And this is because I see no need for such a stupid, childish idea. And this is the case for most atheists.

If you have to invent little dollies to play with instead of responding to what I actually say, then you don't need a message board. You only need a mirror and a box of kleenex.
If that were the case you would have no need to be arguing about it.

Again... logic.

I'm not whining. I am pointing out that no one is forcing anything upon him. He is here of his own free will.
Neat! And i am pointing out that he didn't accuse any individual in this thread of forcing anything on him, which makes your comments an irrelevant, whiny distraction.

YOU do. Not everyone. I'm not the one needing soothing here posting defensive crap.
I see no need for such a stupid, childish idea. And this is the case for most atheists.
I was an atheist too until sometime in my mid-teens. I thought it was a stupid childish idea too until I had my great awakening.
invent little dollies / box of kleenex.
The very reason why you may never wake up. You know, the very best dreams are the ones where you think you are already awake! The most ignorant man is the one who thinks he already has all the answers -- -- -- like you.

Forum List

Back