Why do the God-haters persist?

What is your point? You just seem to relish rubbing people's noses in it. Using their faith against them to judge and condemn like some sort of demigod. Christians believe Jesus died on the cross for their sins, that God sent Jesus so man could be redeemed from sin. Even someone like you, a fallen pastor who has forsaken God, need only ask forgiveness.

I'm not sure why you respond to this particular post with those comments. I think thebrucebeat has made much more judgmental and condemning posts.....this one was a pretty simple and pertinent group of questions. :dunno:

I'm not sure why you respond to me responding to this particular post... oh, wait, yes I do... it's because you think you're important. Since you lack a god, you've simply put yourself in charge of judgement and condemnation. You and your butt-buddy brucey have done nothing but distort context and manipulate words so you can denigrate others. This is supposed to compensate for your lack of intellectual ability, but it doesn't.

Yep... It was a group of questions, but they weren't pertinent, they were rhetorical and smug.

The OP is just as vacuous as ever! :lol:

J4ust remember God haters. God loves you. It isn't his fault you all are living in sin so stop trying to blame him.

Isn't everyone?
Isn't that the point?
No one is without sin, no not one?

What is your point? You just seem to relish rubbing people's noses in it. Using their faith against them to judge and condemn like some sort of demigod. Christians believe Jesus died on the cross for their sins, that God sent Jesus so man could be redeemed from sin. Even someone like you, a fallen pastor who has forsaken God, need only ask forgiveness.
Ironic, as you have stated you don't believe that either!
LOL!
How is asking people to take their own holy book seriously "rubbing their nose in it"?
Perhaps if they put their nose in it once in awhile they would know what it says.
Why am I the bad guy for pointing out the logical disconnect scripturally when a believer goes off the rails?
The fact that someone who doesn't hold the scriptures as the inerrant word of god knows them better than they do and calls them on their separation from clear teachings is what gets them bent out of shape.
They can despise the messenger, but when they despise the message they begin to defecate where they ingest their meals.

J4ust remember God haters. God loves you. It isn't his fault you all are living in sin so stop trying to blame him.

Isn't everyone?
Isn't that the point?
No one is without sin, no not one?

seems you're the judgmental one.

and you do realize not everyone who believes in G-d believes a jewish rabbi was the messiah.

right?

I'm not sure why you respond to this particular post with those comments. I think thebrucebeat has made much more judgmental and condemning posts.....this one was a pretty simple and pertinent group of questions. :dunno:

I'm not sure why you respond to me responding to this particular post... oh, wait, yes I do... it's because you think you're important. Since you lack a god, you've simply put yourself in charge of judgement and condemnation. You and your butt-buddy brucey have done nothing but distort context and manipulate words so you can denigrate others. This is supposed to compensate for your lack of intellectual ability, but it doesn't.

Yep... It was a group of questions, but they weren't pertinent, they were rhetorical and smug.
You are posting on a public forum. Anyone can respond to anything they like, and you have done exactly the same on many occasions.
Nothing was taken out of context here.
If you think so show it. You use "context" as your get out of jail free card constantly, but you conveniently never point out that actually occurred. You think the simpletons that follow you will think you've really shown us up, when in fact you hide behind that line every single time you get embarrassed and wish to bail.
Don't worry. The simpletons don't notice. They don't want to.
No words were manipulated.
If you think so, show it.
My questions pointed out a very basic and fundamental part of the Christian theology that the poster was ignoring.
He was making an us/them out of being a sinner. The faith does exactly the opposite.
Any disagreement on that point?

What are you even talking about? :lol:

Where did I 'put myself in charge of judgement and condemnation'? I gave my opinion on your post. You've got a problem with that? Stop posting on a public message board or put me on ignore. Otherwise you'll just have to deal with the possibility of me responding to something you say. :lmao:

Oh, and distorting context and manipulating words so you can denigrate others is pretty much your theme in this thread. ;)

You are posting on a public forum. Anyone can respond to anything they like, and you have done exactly the same on many occasions.
If you think so show it. You use "context" as your get out of jail free card constantly, but you conveniently never point out that actually occurred. You think the simpletons that follow you will think you've really shown us up, when in fact you hide behind that line every single time you get embarrassed and wish to bail.
My questions pointed out a very basic and fundamental part of the Christian theology that the poster was ignoring.
He was making an us/them out of being a sinner. The faith does exactly the opposite.

No it didn't and the poster didn't ignore anything. You're a jackass who doesn't know how to comprehend things in context, or you deliberately take things out of context to appear "smart" for others.

I'll let the poster defend himself on this, but my understanding of Christians is that they believe Jesus died for their sins and if you believe in Jesus, you're forgiven for sin. Well, that disqualifies you because you're not a Christian and don't believe in Jesus... ergo: You are a sinner who hasn't been forgiven for his sins.

What are you even talking about? :lol:

Where did I 'put myself in charge of judgement and condemnation'? I gave my opinion on your post. You've got a problem with that? Stop posting on a public message board or put me on ignore. Otherwise you'll just have to deal with the possibility of me responding to something you say. :lmao:

Oh, and distorting context and manipulating words so you can denigrate others is pretty much your theme in this thread. ;)

And you'll have to deal with me doing the same.

No it didn't and the poster didn't ignore anything. You're a jackass who doesn't know how to comprehend things in context, or you deliberately take things out of context to appear "smart" for others.

I'll let the poster defend himself on this, but my understanding of Christians is that they believe Jesus died for their sins and if you believe in Jesus, you're forgiven for sin. Well, that disqualifies you because you're not a Christian and don't believe in Jesus... ergo: You are a sinner who hasn't been forgiven for his sins.
No one is without sin. No not one.
The Christian may be forgiven, but he inescapably lives in it. The need for forgiveness never ends.
Way to let the poster defend himself!
LOL!
The return of "context", your all-purpose lean-to shelter in a storm!
LOL!

The Christian may be forgiven, but he inescapably lives in it. The need for forgiveness never ends.
LOL!
LOL!
Unlike you most Christians dont revel in it and blame God for their own weakness.

LOL!
LOL!
Unlike you most Christians dont revel in it and blame God for their own weakness.

Please point out where I have made that case.
Don't forget to use the quote function.
At least this confirms your post was an ignorant one.

Just curious... Do you make a habit of remembering what others tell you to? Even if it appears useless information? God does not exist so it would be a waste of time "hating" a figment of YOUR imagination. All this energy and time invested in make believe is foolish.

I can only speak for me but I tend to ignore the advice from fools.

Worrying about if YOUR make believe diety loves me or hates me or is indifferent compounds the foolishness.

I have some "advice" for you. I have gone more than 50 years not caring about any relationship with any "higher power" and the effect on me for this lack of interest is zero.

Since this is the only time you have I suggest you and others do not waste it.

There is no payoff in the scam. There isn't even dissappointment unfortunately because there is nothing when you die. It would be more just if when you take your last breath you would get the bad news and just for that instant you could wake up and share your surprise but that isn't how it works.

It really is too bad no one can warn off this foolish waste of time.

Last edited:

Just curious... Do you make a habit of remembering what others tell you to? Even if it appears useless information? God does not exist so it would be a waste of time "hating" a figment of YOUR imagination. All this energy and time invested in make believe is foolish.

Worrying about if YOUR make believe diety loves me or hates me or is indifferent compounds the foolishness.

I have some "advice" for you. I have gone more than 50 years not caring about any relationship with any "higher power" and the effect on me for this lack of interest is zero.

There is no payoff in the scam. There isn't even dissappointment unfortunately because there is nothing when you die. It would be more just if when you take your last breath you would get the bad news and just for that instant you could wake up and share your surprise but that isn't how it works.

Are you aware of how utterly insignificant your 50 years are to eternity? Or even the existence of your monkey-like species and it's Type-0 civilizations? You mean nothing, your opinions and advice mean nothing. You have no way of knowing what happens after you die, so why do you pretend to know? If you think it's a foolish waste of time, why do you waste so much time doing battle against it? Looks to me like the effect on you has been irrational idiocy. You make arguments you cannot support and spend your time fighting something you don't believe is real.

You don't believe you have a soul or spirit. That's fine, it's your business. It must also mean that you are incapable of love, compassion, sympathy, empathy, and remorse. These are merely superficial attributes the mind tricks itself into believing and you're far too smart to believe in such nonsense. Why waste your time believing these are anything more than mind games? All that really matters is primal instinct, what you can take and defend. So... why are you here arguing with the other gorillas about nonsense you don't believe in?

Are you aware of how utterly insignificant your 50 years are to eternity? Or even the existence of your monkey-like species and it's Type-0 civilizations? You mean nothing, your opinions and advice mean nothing. You have no way of knowing what happens after you die, so why do you pretend to know? If you think it's a foolish waste of time, why do you waste so much time doing battle against it? Looks to me like the effect on you has been irrational idiocy. You make arguments you cannot support and spend your time fighting something you don't believe is real.
You don't believe you have a soul or spirit. That's fine, it's your business. It must also mean that you are incapable of love, compassion, sympathy, empathy, and remorse. These are merely superficial attributes the mind tricks itself into believing and you're far too smart to believe in such nonsense. Why waste your time believing these are anything more than mind games? All that really matters is primal instinct, what you can take and defend. So... why are you here arguing with the other gorillas about nonsense you don't believe in?

The red portion is exactly what you do on these threads. Precisely what you do.
The second paragraph you make all kinds of unfounded and unsupported extrapolations, trying to relate them back to a soul connected to a spirit. That is not the sole explanation for the traits you list, but you make the unfounded criteria for them an absolute.
You argue about things you don't believe in every single day.
Why do YOU do it?
That's Entertainment!

The second paragraph you make all kinds of unfounded and unsupported extrapolations, trying to relate them back to a soul connected to a spirit. That is not the sole explanation for the traits you list, but you make the unfounded criteria for them an absolute.
Why do YOU do it?
That's Entertainment!

Brucey, I'm sorry but I'm not seeing anything in the OP or topic that pertains to what I do or your opinion about how well I've done at establishing my arguments and defending my viewpoints. According to the rules for level 2 forums, your posts must contain material subject to the topic, and yours repeatedly do not. I'm not sure if the moderators are just giving you a pass or trying to cut you some slack, but it's getting really old. I'm expected to obey the rules and stay on topic here, and I try my best to maintain composure and do so, but it gets really difficult to ignore the persistent flames and harassment. USMB has a flame board, and you are welcome to go start a thread there and ridicule my posting style all you like, that's what it's there for. This board is for discussing the OP and topic, not hurling flurries of insults and denigrations.

The second paragraph you make all kinds of unfounded and unsupported extrapolations...

Let me give you a little tip on reading my posts... Whenever a leading sentence tweaks your emotions and you feel that tingling impulse to retort, just stop yourself for a moment and continue reading the next sentences. Generally, I will support whatever extrapolation has been made. If I somehow miss something, then you can use the quote feature and ask me specifically about it. I'll be happy to explain in detail. In this case, I have no idea of what you're talking about because I specifically supported my extrapolations.

That is not the sole explanation for the traits you list...

Well, I believe it is. You see, your soul and spirit control your human conscience, and that's what drives those traits or emotions mentioned. Without soul or spirit, your conscience can only rely on primal instinct, there is no other rationale. We observe the animal kingdom, predators don't have empathy for their prey. When female gorillas in the wild come into heat, the alpha male mates with the female without regard for "love" or "consent" from the female. They are driven by a conscience that is not guided by soul or spirit but by primal instinct.

Why do YOU do it?
That's Entertainment!

Brucey, I'm sorry but I'm not seeing anything in the OP or topic that pertains to what I do or your opinion about how well I've done at establishing my arguments and defending my viewpoints. According to the rules for level 2 forums, your posts must contain material subject to the topic, and yours repeatedly do not. I'm not sure if the moderators are just giving you a pass or trying to cut you some slack, but it's getting really old. I'm expected to obey the rules and stay on topic here, and I try my best to maintain composure and do so, but it gets really difficult to ignore the persistent flames and harassment. USMB has a flame board, and you are welcome to go start a thread there and ridicule my posting style all you like, that's what it's there for. This board is for discussing the OP and topic, not hurling flurries of insults and denigrations.

The second paragraph you make all kinds of unfounded and unsupported extrapolations...

Let me give you a little tip on reading my posts... Whenever a leading sentence tweaks your emotions and you feel that tingling impulse to retort, just stop yourself for a moment and continue reading the next sentences. Generally, I will support whatever extrapolation has been made. If I somehow miss something, then you can use the quote feature and ask me specifically about it. I'll be happy to explain in detail. In this case, I have no idea of what you're talking about because I specifically supported my extrapolations.

That is not the sole explanation for the traits you list...

Well, I believe it is. You see, your soul and spirit control your human conscience, and that's what drives those traits or emotions mentioned. Without soul or spirit, your conscience can only rely on primal instinct, there is no other rationale. We observe the animal kingdom, predators don't have empathy for their prey. When female gorillas in the wild come into heat, the alpha male mates with the female without regard for "love" or "consent" from the female. They are driven by a conscience that is not guided by soul or spirit but by primal instinct.

Read the red part.
This is the "support" of the extrapolations you have made.
That is why I called them unsupported.
Because they are.
Simple really.
This all relates to the topic, just like they did in my last post.
The blue part above is one of the most hilarious of your posts to date. If by composure you mean descending to invective and vulgarity and schoolyard tirades against people, well, we will have to agree we have different standards for "composure".
LOL!
Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Last edited:
"Without soul or spirit, your conscience can only rely on primal instinct, there is no other rationale. We observe the animal kingdom, predators don't have empathy for their prey. When female gorillas in the wild come into heat, the alpha male mates with the female without regard for "love" or "consent" from the female. They are driven by a conscience that is not guided by soul or spirit but by primal instinct."

Again... Read beyond whatever tweaks your melons into emotively responding to me, and you will find your answers. Your biggest problem is, you start reading my post and you hit a sentence that sets you off and then you immediately start emoting. If you'd just keep reading on, you'd see that I am explaining what I said. You are always free to disagree with my opinions, but you can't state that I am "wrong" until you have presented something to show that I am wrong. Your unfounded opinion doesn't trump my supported opinion.

"Without soul or spirit, your conscience can only rely on primal instinct, there is no other rationale. We observe the animal kingdom, predators don't have empathy for their prey. When female gorillas in the wild come into heat, the alpha male mates with the female without regard for "love" or "consent" from the female. They are driven by a conscience that is not guided by soul or spirit but by primal instinct."

Again... Read beyond whatever tweaks your melons into emotively responding to me, and you will find your answers. Your biggest problem is, you start reading my post and you hit a sentence that sets you off and then you immediately start emoting. If you'd just keep reading on, you'd see that I am explaining what I said. You are always free to disagree with my opinions, but you can't state that I am "wrong" until you have presented something to show that I am wrong. Your unfounded opinion doesn't trump my supported opinion.

You are hilarious.
Where was my emotional outburst?
That is clearly your department, Bust.
You don't support your opinion. You restate it and then say it is the "only rationale". You don't support it in any way, you simply say there is no other explanation other than yours.
All you have shown is that whatever causes love or empathy, etc., does not exist in large degree in the animal kingdom.
So what?
That doesn't have the first thing to do with showing why it is unique to humans. You make some absurd causal leap and say "See!".
If you think this is "support", I would have loved to have read your thesis.
How many crayons did you go through writing it?
I'm sure you think you have supported your opinion. I really do. I don't think you think well enough to understand what it means to support your opinion.
"I say so" is not support.
It's masturbation.

Last edited:
All you have shown is that whatever causes love or empathy, etc., does not exist in large degree in the animal kingdom.
So what?
That doesn't have the first thing to do with showing why it is unique to humans.

Well I think it does until you can show some evidence it doesn't.

If you don't believe you have a soul or spirit, what guides your conscience? On what basis are you establishing love, compassion, empathy, sympathy, apathy, and all other emotional attributes governed by the conscious mind? If it's not through your soul and spirit which you don't believe exists, it has to be through primal instinct and self-established parameters of a completely unaccountable personal morality. There can't be another rational explanation as far as I am aware. If you can come up with one, present it and let's discuss it's possibility. As it stands, you just want to bow up and reject what I have to say and call me a bunch of names. That's not a debate. And you're certainly not "winning" one.

Forum List

Back