🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do we celebrate Independence Day?

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

Clement Attlee
Credited with having created the welfare state in the UK

Lots of people are quick to bemoan the state of American education, but look at all the myopic morons on this thread who apparently cannot grasp the vital importance of knowing the history of our country and its people.
It's amazing, but not surprising.

If it takes effort, just lower standards & expectations.

America, 2016.

Just out of curiosity...a hypothetical?

It seems that you place a lot of importance (tied to voting of all things--where your vote and theirs may never overlap) on knowing trivia.

Lets assume all of the people in the video you posted in the OP were native born Americans; from places like San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, and Santa Clara. And they couldn't come up with the answers to the questions. And there was some woman from San Salvador who did know all the answers...would you be for making her a citizen on the spot? Would you be for deporting those who didn't get it right?

Why or why not?

If you had more republicans like Lincoln, your "party" wouldn't be circling the drain. Have fun watching it die. I know I am.
They are dying because they didn't follow the directive of the people who put them there. That directive was to oppose everything Obama wanted and DEFUND Obamacare. You're going to miss the progressive republicans who gave Obama everything he asked for and wouldn't dare to impeach the black motherfucker. The GOP will be replaced by a new party of true constitutional conservatives. A party that won't put up with liberal bullshit.

The 'demise' of the Republican Party was predicted by dimwits like you way back when bill 'the rapist' clinton was president. Your dream of a major party just for racist idiots like you will continue to fade away with your hangover as always. Unless you become a democrat.

Frankly, I'd be more imperssed if they could read music rather than know a bunch of facts (outside of context; they are largely meaningles
NEWS FLASH!!! A liberal doesn't want the average American to know anything about the Constitution or Bill of Rights. They arent limiting their subjugation to just blacks. They want us all under their foot and ignorant about our rights.

The 'demise' of the Republican Party was predicted by dimwits like you way back when bill 'the rapist' clinton was president. Your dream of a major party just for racist idiots like you will continue to fade away with your hangover as always. Unless you become a democrat.
Fuck you and your fucking name calling. Democrats are the party of racist slave owners. Hating Obama isn't racist, it's common sense to oppose a dictator.

If you had more republicans like Lincoln, your "party" wouldn't be circling the drain. Have fun watching it die. I know I am.
They are dying because they didn't follow the directive of the people who put them there. That directive was to oppose everything Obama wanted and DEFUND Obamacare. You're going to miss the progressive republicans who gave Obama everything he asked for and wouldn't dare to impeach the black motherfucker. The GOP will be replaced by a new party of true constitutional conservatives. A party that won't put up with liberal bullshit.
A party of cave chimpanzees and gibbons.

The only thing 1776 should be is a foot note in history when some people decided to fight a war for a few wealthy white guys to take over as their bosses in
You are the most twisted-minded motherfucker on this message board. Do you realize that? Full of hate and anger even though I'll bet you have largely benefited from being a citizen of this great country. Blacks who work for it have it made here. The worse off among you would have your slave ancestors crying with joy knowing how fortunate you all have it in America.

Everyone black or white withe your opinion of America areall fucking ingrates. I wouldnt use your face to wipe my ass with. Pathetic.

The only thing 1776 should be is a foot note in history when some people decided to fight a war for a few wealthy white guys to take over as their bosses in
You are the most twisted-minded motherfucker on this message board. Do you realize that's? Full of hate and anger even though I'll bet you have largely benefited from being a citizen of this great country. Blacks who work for it have it made here. The worse off among you would have your slave ancestors crying with joy knowing how fortunate you all have it in America.

Everyone black or white withe your opinion of America areall fucking ingrates. I wouldnt use your face to wipe my ass with. Pathetic.
I have benefited from living in this country. What does that have to do with my point you retarded cave gibbon?

Obviously. That is why you nominated such an arch-conservative for Presdient when you had to choose between him and Ted Cruz.

Fuck you and your fucking name calling. Democrats are the party of racist slave owners. Hating Obama isn't racist, it's common sense to oppose a dictator.

In my view...
Birtherism is born in racism.
So is questioning his religion.

Frankly, I'd be more imperssed if they could read music rather than know a bunch of facts (outside of context; they are largely meaningles
NEWS FLASH!!! A liberal doesn't want the average American to know anything about the Constitution or Bill of Rights. They arent limiting their subjugation to just blacks. They want us all under their foot and ignorant about our rights.

Ahh, love being told what I want...

A lazy electorate is the poor politician's best friend. Which is why the GOP has so many poor politicians. There is nobody lazier politically than a conserve-hate-ive.

The cool thing about liberalism is knowing that you're on the right side of history and the correct side of evolution. It's pointless to question otherwise.

I have benefited from living in this country. What does that have to do with my point you retarded cave gibbon?
Then shame on you. Ingrate is truly the word for you.

I or my ancestors never dwelled in a cave. That shit happened in Africa.
I dont have any shame so I have no clue what you are talking about. You are a cave chimp and your ancestors indeed dwelled in caves. However, stop deflecting and get back to the OP. Why is it so important that the 4th is celebrated when all that happened is you poor whites switched rulers?

If you oppose a terrible President that's one thing. If you "hate" a political opponent within our political system, you are hysterical and need to get a hobby. If you call for the impeachment of the President, that's unrealistic but understandable. If you screech about "impeach the black motherfucker," then you are a racist idiot. Take responsibility for your own words and what they reveal about you, racist idiot.

What we started with our 4th of July get togethers is to take turns in the reading of the Declaration.
Just remember that there are quite a few people who hate this country's history and traditions. For example, the writing of the Constitution - you'll be told that it was written by rich white male slave rapists, because these people aren't really fond of the document and want to discredit it out of existence.

So Independence Day is no big deal to them - in fact, in may even create negative feelings in them.

If this were another topic they might care a little more, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
The 4th of July is not complicated, it's very basic.
Americans who do not know the basic facts regarding this date are ignorant and lousy Americans.
There is no excuse regardless of age.

The 4th of July is not complicated, it's very basic.
Americans who do not know the basic facts regarding this date are ignorant and lousy Americans.
There is no excuse regardless of age.
No one said it was complicated. It is very basic. The question was why is it considered some travesty if you dont know about it? If I were a white person I would be ashamed my poor ancestors were fooled into fighting the revolutionary war for the rich whites.

Can anyone explain why its a big deal people know about the 4th of July? What happens if you arent even aware it exists as a holiday for example?
It's hard to pass your Hi-SET test in Social Studies. Or your naturalization test to become a citizen. Otherwise, nothing, if you don't care enough about your country to understand its history.
I understand this countrys history more than most. Why is it a question on the HI-Set test or the naturalization test. What is so important about it?
It is when we declared independence from Great Britain. That grew into America with its democratic form of government (yes, yes, republic, whatever) which was new in the day. In France, they celebrate Bastille Day, when they overthrew the king. The French kinda went back and forth for awhile, but the independence from autocratic kings seems to be something free societies value.

Forum List

Back