šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Why do we celebrate Independence Day?

Iā€™m in my 40ā€™sā€¦Iā€™ve seen videos like this on television ever since I can recall

Iā€™ve always wondered what the point was. I mean do the people who do the interviewing have an agenda to enlighten, to alarm, to try to feel smug and superior??? Yes there are people out there who are illiterate as to our history. If you were to ask me to play a note on a piano, I couldnā€™t tell you what key delivers what note. If you were to ask 100 others, Iā€™m sure youā€™d get bewilderment and confusion also while others see a simple question. Is there some recommendation for what people ā€œshould knowā€? You can get through life just fine without knowing who Alan Shepherd was or who General MacArthur was or who Teddy Roosevelt was. Is not knowing who John Hancock was any more or less tragic?

Yes of course, unless you studied piano and music theory in school, then you certainly would know some of that! Sort of like they teach history in school. I haven't been to school in over 40 years, yet I can answer most of the questions he asks in the video. LMAO!

Great...if you ever wind up on Jeopardy and the subject is 7th grade History...you have a good chance.

Again (sigh) the point is that when you reduce history to trivia; it becomes trivial. Then broadcasting an edited version of it to try to illustrate some point is cheaper still.

Frankly, I'd be more imperssed if they could read music rather than know a bunch of facts (outside of context; they are largely meaningless).

Instead I should vote for those chosen for me....

Enjoy your conspiracy theories and sense of victimhood, but don't bitch about the government if you choose to throw away your right as a citizen.

Shuddup, weeaboo. Buy another Naruto action figure.

No matter what happens in the election, you keep your mouth shut.

If I don't vote I'm throwing my vote away. If I vote third party I'm throwing my vote away. If I vote for the person you don't want me to I'm throwing my vote away. Just admit that you don't care who votes as long as they vote for the guy you want them to.

I don't give a shit who you vote for. Just don't shirk your duty as a citizen and bitch about government later.

Iā€™m in my 40ā€™sā€¦Iā€™ve seen videos like this on television ever since I can recall

Iā€™ve always wondered what the point was. I mean do the people who do the interviewing have an agenda to enlighten, to alarm, to try to feel smug and superior??? Yes there are people out there who are illiterate as to our history. If you were to ask me to play a note on a piano, I couldnā€™t tell you what key delivers what note. If you were to ask 100 others, Iā€™m sure youā€™d get bewilderment and confusion also while others see a simple question. Is there some recommendation for what people ā€œshould knowā€? You can get through life just fine without knowing who Alan Shepherd was or who General MacArthur was or who Teddy Roosevelt was. Is not knowing who John Hancock was any more or less tragic?

Yes of course, unless you studied piano and music theory in school, then you certainly would know some of that! Sort of like they teach history in school. I haven't been to school in over 40 years, yet I can answer most of the questions he asks in the video. LMAO!

Great...if you ever wind up on Jeopardy and the subject is 7th grade History...you have a good chance.

Again (sigh) the point is that when you reduce history to trivia; it becomes trivial. Then broadcasting an edited version of it to try to illustrate some point is cheaper still.

Frankly, I'd be more imperssed if they could read music rather than know a bunch of facts (outside of context; they are largely meaningless).

Awww, the shill sighed.

These folks don't know.

But I'm sure they're full of self esteem 'n stuff.

Sad.

Yeah, they may be uninformed, but at least they aren't misinformed AND politically engaged like Trump supporters. Just sayin'

If you had more republicans like Lincoln, your "party" wouldn't be circling the drain. Have fun watching it die. I know I am.

troll spray.jpg

So, Americans not knowing what Independence Day is for, that's no big deal.

There you have it.
Why is it a big deal? Please explain what specifically is a big deal about it.

Why would anyone in their right mind bother explaining anything to a liberal ass hat?
The same reason they replied to and made a claim to a liberal. Like you for example. Youre a conservative gibbon but you replied to me and I didnt even say anything to you. I matter to you.

The same reason they replied to and made a claim to a liberal. Like you for example. Youre a conservative gibbon but you replied to me and I didnt even say anything to you. I matter to you.

Yes you do. In the same manner that anal warts and hemorrhoids matter to me. In other words, none!

There you have it.

Why would anyone in their right mind bother explaining anything to a liberal ass hat?
I wouldn't put it quite that way, but trying to explain this would be a waste of time.

When a person hates the country's history and traditions, and when a person doesn't care about maintaining any kind of standards, there's no way they would understand this.

Why does it matter that an American knows what Independence Day is? The question itself is an example of the decay of our culture.

What other country in the world creates, raised, and succors loonies like this? That's why we celebrate it.

There you have it.

I wouldn't put it quite that way, but trying to explain this would be a waste of time.

When a person hates the country's history and traditions, and when a person doesn't care about maintaining any kinds of standards, there's no way they would understand this.
i was kinda hoping you could explain why. Too bad you cant present a good reason why its important and life impacting.

There you have it.

When a person hates the country's history and traditions, and when a person doesn't care about maintaining any kinds of standards, there's no way they would understand this.
i was kinda hoping you could explain why. Too bad you cant present a good reason why its important and life impacting.
Not to you, I can't.

What difference does it make to a car mechanic if they know anything about 1776? Really it is GOOD that people know about our past but is it really a life threatened situation if they do not?

There you have it.

Not to you, I can't.
I figured. You cant take having your reasons proven to be silly opinions you wish to force on everyone else.

Not to you, I can't.
I figured. You cant take having your reasons proven to be silly opinions you wish to force on everyone else.
"Force"

:laugh:

You delicate little flower, you.

What difference does it make to a car mechanic if they know anything about 1776? Really it is GOOD that people know about our past but is it really a life threatened situation if they do not?
The only thing 1776 should be is a foot note in history when some people decided to fight a war for a few wealthy white guys to take over as their bosses instead of a king.

Not to you, I can't.
"Force"

:laugh:

You delicate little flower, you.
Yes force. You wish everyone would believe your reasons were right and just.
laugh.gif

Forum List

Back