🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do we celebrate Independence Day?

I mean, really, WHY should ANYONE know ANYTHING about ANYTHING?

Why in the WORLD should we expect ANYONE to put forth ANY effort to KNOW stuff?

That's HARD! And that's just MEAN! And it might hurt their FEELINGS! They may need a SAFE SPACE if they're expected to KNOW stuff!!

And I'll bet it's RACIST, too!

:rock:

That's HARD! And that's just MEAN! And it might hurt their FEELINGS! They may need a SAFE SPACE if they're expected to KNOW stuff!!

That doesnt answer the question why its important to know about the 4th of July as opposed to say the 19 of June.. Matter of fact its more like a long winded deflection instead of simply answering the question.

Lots of people are quick to bemoan the state of American education, but look at all the myopic morons on this thread who apparently cannot grasp the vital importance of knowing the history of our country and its people.

Can anyone explain why its a big deal people know about the 4th of July? What happens if you arent even aware it exists as a holiday for example?
It's hard to pass your Hi-SET test in Social Studies. Or your naturalization test to become a citizen. Otherwise, nothing, if you don't care enough about your country to understand its history.

Lots of people are quick to bemoan the state of American education, but look at all the myopic morons on this thread who apparently cannot grasp the vital importance of knowing the history of our country and its people.
It's amazing, but not surprising.

If it takes effort, just lower standards & expectations.

America, 2016.

What difference does it make to a car mechanic if they know anything about 1776? Really it is GOOD that people know about our past but is it really a life threatened situation if they do not?
The only thing 1776 should be is a foot note in history when some people decided to fight a war for a few wealthy white guys to take over as their bosses instead of a king.

It is one thing to be ignorant of history, quite another to be ignorant of history and pretend not to be.

What difference does it make to a car mechanic if they know anything about 1776? Really it is GOOD that people know about our past but is it really a life threatened situation if they do not?
The only thing 1776 should be is a foot note in history when some people decided to fight a war for a few wealthy white guys to take over as their bosses instead of a king.

It is one thing to be ignorant of history, quite another to be ignorant of history and pretend not to be.
Strange the way being obtuse is so popular.

Can anyone explain why its a big deal people know about the 4th of July? What happens if you arent even aware it exists as a holiday for example?
It's hard to pass your Hi-SET test in Social Studies. Or your naturalization test to become a citizen. Otherwise, nothing, if you don't care enough about your country to understand its history.
I understand this countrys history more than most. Why is it a question on the HI-Set test or the naturalization test. What is so important about it?

You should stop pretending and cease being ignorant of the facts then my friend.

America’s Revolution Was Fought By The Poor, Not The Citizens

That doesnt answer the question why its important to know about the 4th of July as opposed to say the 19 of June.. Matter of fact its more like a long winded deflection instead of simply answering the question.
Because if you knew, grumpy old men would have to find other reasons to declare other generations are dooming the country.

And btw, we celebrate it because praise Jesus for creating a white Christian nation.

The facts are that the white elite pressed the poor "filth" as Washington called them into fighting for the US side. Most of the people could give a shit who ruled them between the royalty in england and the elite in the colonies. Washington had to put down several military revolts during the course of the war which tells you the state of mind most of the troops were in.

Washington blames militia for problems - Sep 30, 1776 - HISTORY.com

We should all stop fighting on the 4th of July. The 4th wasn't about fighting. Wait... yes it was. Carry on.

The 4th was about poor people fighting to make sure the few white elite got to keep all the profits instead of paying tribute to england. This was disguised in package called the declaration of independence worded to make people believe things were going to be really different from that point on.

I finally watched the video in the OP and realized man boobs cut me out. When he rolled his eyes and sighed that he wasn't getting a correct answer to his question about why we celebrate I told him we did because Jesus invented inbreeding thus giving us a basically retarded George and his crazier followers thus making victory a cakewalk. Obviously man boobs cut out all the factual answers.

Forum List

Back