Zone1 Why do White People Call Themselves Irish-Americans, Italian Americans, Polish-Americans, etc?

I saw a map one time that showed the people that settled various parts of the US and there was of a sliver of land from the Shenandoah Valley down into KY/TN as simply Americans.

LOL......We must have been so Heinz 57 mixed of the various English, Scottish, and western EU settlers they did not quite know what to call the peoples that settled that land.

On my dad's side it was a mixture of Scottish, German, and Belgian Walloon.

I saw a map one time that showed the people that settled various parts of the US and there was of a sliver of land from the Shenandoah Valley down into KY/TN as simply Americans.

LOL......We must have been so Heinz 57 mixed of the various English, Scottish, and western EU settlers they did not quite know what to call the peoples that settled that land.

On my dad's side it was a mixture of Scottish, German, and Belgian Walloon.
i think some of those demographers call the appalachian people "scotch irish."

How many white people in America are from these countries? Because any more, it seems like most of them are born here.

Then we have places like this.

The Irish American Heritage Museum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit created by the New York State Legislature in 1986 and permanently chartered by the Board of Regents of New York as an educational institution in 1992. We explore the contributions, history, and culture of Irish people in America, and fosters dialogue and exchange between America and Ireland today. By sharing our stories, we strive to create connections and community between all Americans, as we appreciate and study the universality of the immigrant story in American history.

View attachment 882194

SCANDINAVIAN–AMERICAN HALL OF FAME​

The Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame is an enduring means of honoring those persons of Scandinavian descent in North America who have achieved greatness in their fields of endeavor and/or whose efforts have contributed significantly to the betterment of mankind. Deserving individuals of other ethnicities may be honored with special awards as well.

Through honoring these outstanding individuals, it is hoped that others will be inspired to strive for meaningful accomplishments as well.

The Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame was established in Minot, N.D., in 1984 as a permanent component of Norsk Høsfest. Because Minot hosts North America’s largest Scandinavian festival, which strives to build pride in heritage; and because North Dakota is located in the center of the continent’s Scandinavian population, it is appropriate that Minot, N.D., be the permanent home of the Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame.

The National Polish-American Sports Hall of Fame (NPASHF) was founded in 1973 to honor and recognize outstanding American athletes, both amateur and professional, of Polish descent. This virtual version of the Hall features the history of their accomplishments.

View attachment 882195

I can keep going.
It's fine to acknowledge your ancestry....in the United states it used to be my country my heritage...the left has flipped this

Now it's my 3rd world shithole heritage over your country ....F.U. Y/T

Diversity is only our strength when it was immigrants assimilating and more importantly their children were turned into Americans ...today they're discouraged to

We also used to control the flow of immigrants....but dats waycisss

Sanctuary....hows that working out for ya my nigga

hhhbgghhjj.jpg

The black people born in America today were never enslaved

Or raped

So you are getting your era’s mixed up

If not for slavery black Americans would not be Americans

And good riddance to them if all they do now is complain, riot, and loot department stores

I am not mixing up eras at all. What was it you wanted black people to show gratitude for? Slavery. I addressed that.

How many white people in America are from these countries? Because any more, it seems like most of them are born here.

Then we have places like this.

The Irish American Heritage Museum is a 501(c)3 nonprofit created by the New York State Legislature in 1986 and permanently chartered by the Board of Regents of New York as an educational institution in 1992. We explore the contributions, history, and culture of Irish people in America, and fosters dialogue and exchange between America and Ireland today. By sharing our stories, we strive to create connections and community between all Americans, as we appreciate and study the universality of the immigrant story in American history.

View attachment 882194

SCANDINAVIAN–AMERICAN HALL OF FAME​

The Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame is an enduring means of honoring those persons of Scandinavian descent in North America who have achieved greatness in their fields of endeavor and/or whose efforts have contributed significantly to the betterment of mankind. Deserving individuals of other ethnicities may be honored with special awards as well.

Through honoring these outstanding individuals, it is hoped that others will be inspired to strive for meaningful accomplishments as well.

The Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame was established in Minot, N.D., in 1984 as a permanent component of Norsk Høsfest. Because Minot hosts North America’s largest Scandinavian festival, which strives to build pride in heritage; and because North Dakota is located in the center of the continent’s Scandinavian population, it is appropriate that Minot, N.D., be the permanent home of the Scandinavian-American Hall of Fame.

The National Polish-American Sports Hall of Fame (NPASHF) was founded in 1973 to honor and recognize outstanding American athletes, both amateur and professional, of Polish descent. This virtual version of the Hall features the history of their accomplishments.

View attachment 882195

I can keep going.
Mexican-Americans, Hispanic-American, African-Americans, Indian-Americans, Chinese-Americans,
Ho hum. yawn****

IM2 raises a good point. Of course he raises it badly but if people want to be Italian, they need to get the fuck out and go to Italy. Either be American or don't. Their forefathers came here because America was a far better place than Ireland, Italy, Poland, etc. Just like the Venezuelans coming here today; if they want to be Venezuelan-American or Hispanic-American, if the places they are leaving are not shit-holes, then stay the fuck where they were. We want them to live in the best country in the world. If it's not America, then go to wherever it is.
How was his point raised badly?

How should he have made it?

Another-one of your nonstop moronic posts.

Why shouldn't someone be proud of his heritage/ancestry? especially in a country, who's roots entirely derive of immigrants, aside from the indigenous population. And an Injuin is proud or able to state that he is of e.g. Comanche ancestry, just as well.
There are also a lot of Americans who either don't care about their ancestry or simply don't know - they simply refer to themselves as Americans.

The absolute majority of Negros has no idea as to where their Kunta Kinte came from. Obviously you got a problem with that.

And these "integrated Negros" from e.g. Sudan - will also refer to themselves as a Sudanese-German or an e.g. Ghanaian-German.
E.g. Gerald Asamoah - a Ghanaian German Negro.

Since in Germany no one really cares about, (aside from some lefty-greens), from which Negro tribe in Africa someone comes from - the political correct term African-German (Deutsch-Afrikaner) was introduced to replace Deutscher Neger. (German Negro). Factually and essentially the exact same.

Gerald Asamoah.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
I am not mixing up eras at all. What was it you wanted black people to show gratitude for? Slavery. I addressed that.
this "we were so good to our slaves, who only submitted to our perverse sexual predations becaise of undying love and affection for me, their favorite master" argument seems a little lame. i wonder who wrote the article , oh, must be that sewell guy or maybe prager.

Most of them don't. I don't call myself a German American because I'm only half German. (The other half is Dutch, English, Irish and Cherokee). I don't know of a lot of third or fourth generation white ethnics who call themselves anything other than Americans.

you know that answer im2. we white people are allowrd to have "culture" and "heritage". it is all right there in our glorious constitution. no one else is allowed to use a hyphen ( you may be allowed to use 3/5 of a hyphen, maybe a shorter line or something?)
Well when it comes to checking race boxes, I have never encountered an "Irish-American" box but whatever. I have never even checked the Native-American box even though that is closer up to the front of my mutt gene pool than the Irish, English, and German gene are.

I certainly dont. And dont hear anyone saying things like that around here.
Its silly. Like "african american"

Hey race baiter it's called history, and not that many Americans use - names anymore. But it was very important because those immigrant communities built the country and they took care of their own. And in no manner were they privileged hell WASPs didn't even consider them "white".

Forum List

Back