CDZ Why Do You Support Abortion

The abortion issue always boils down to a moral decision of when a human life begins. The government, at any level, has no more power to force moral decisions on the people than one person has the power to push their morals upon another. If you feel that a human life exists at conception then you should morally object to abortion. If you believe that a human life begins with the first breath once it leaves the womb then abortion would be acceptable for you. If you believe the human life begins between those two points then you have to decide when.

Having a heartbeat doesn't make it human... Some babies are born inside out or without necessary parts and die a horrible death while the mother looks on. Did she murder the offspring by giving it birth? Would it have been worse to abort it?

Moral questions have no legal answers.

If people want to kill a human being inside themselves, they should have to do so at their own risk.
The government should stay out of it. Legalizing is like supporting it (or enabling it)

The idea that everything legal is endorsed by government or society is deeply despotic. It presupposes that the job of government is to decide what's good for us and force us to do it. Fuck you very much.

The abortion issue always boils down to a moral decision of when a human life begins. The government, at any level, has no more power to force moral decisions on the people than one person has the power to push their morals upon another. If you feel that a human life exists at conception then you should morally object to abortion. If you believe that a human life begins with the first breath once it leaves the womb then abortion would be acceptable for you. If you believe the human life begins between those two points then you have to decide when.

Having a heartbeat doesn't make it human... Some babies are born inside out or without necessary parts and die a horrible death while the mother looks on. Did she murder the offspring by giving it birth? Would it have been worse to abort it?

If people want to kill a human being inside themselves, they should have to do so at their own risk.
The government should stay out of it. Legalizing is like supporting it (or enabling it)

The idea that everything legal is endorsed by government or society is deeply despotic. It presupposes that the job of government is to decide what's good for us and force us to do it. Fuck you very much.

People view it as such and arguments are made over it - well it's legal... etc.
I'm the first person to raise their hand that many laws are wrong. Trust me on that!

That doesnt make sense. If it wasnt legal people would consider it murder.

I'm the first person to raise their hand that many laws are wrong. Trust me on that!

It's not a question of laws being right or wrong. The question is the proper role of laws, and government, in the first place. Laws are there to protect our freedom to live the way we want. Not to dictate how we live.

It's not a question of laws being right or wrong. The question is the proper role of laws, and government, in the first place. Laws are there to protect our freedom to live the way we want. Not to dictate how we live.

.... but only if you are outside of the womb. Doesn't sound much like protection to me (if I'm 81/2 month inside someone else's body..)

Killing of a human life. I'm not sure how you can spin that to make it sound "ok"

Killing of a human life. I'm not sure how you can spin that to make it sound "ok"
I dont think its ok. Its just not my business since its not my body.

.... but only if you are outside of the womb. Doesn't sound much like protection to me (if I'm 81/2 month inside someone else's body..)

That's true. Your life is a gift. From them. Cherish it.

This sums up my view about as well as any comment so far.
By that logic, I'm against mugging little old ladies but it's not me so it's not my business.
Mugging old ladies is a crime because you are depriving them of their rights while they are not effecting yours Very large difference.

By that logic, I'm against mugging little old ladies but it's not me so it's not my business.
Mugging old ladies is a crime because you are depriving them of their rights while they are not effecting yours Very large difference.
Still has nothing to do with you, just your double standard. You think you can pick and choose which atrocities are ok and which ones are not.

Still has nothing to do with you, just your double standard. You think you can pick and choose which atrocities are ok and which ones are not.
its not a double standard. Its not even the same circumstances. Should someone that litters get the same amount of time that someone should that mugs an old lady? They are both against the law. It helps when you can make that distinction so you wont go around claiming something is a double standard. A double standard occurs when the circumstances are identical.

its not a double standard. Its not even the same circumstances. Should someone that litters get the same amount of time that someone should that mugs an old lady? They are both against the law. It helps when you can make that distinction so you wont go around claiming something is a double standard. A double standard occurs when the circumstances are identical.
Violence is violence, whether it's against a little old lady or a defenseless child (baby).

Violence is violence, whether it's against a little old lady or a defenseless child (baby).
Stepping on an ant is violence. Whats your point?

I've decided that meat is murder, and that vegetarianism should be mandated by force of law.

That is, I think and act exactly like pro-life/PETA movement. I'm taking a crazy belief on what constitutes "murder" and demanding everyone must obey me.

It's nearly impossible to distingish pro-life people from PETA people, given how they think and act in an identical manner. That's why I refer to them collectively as the pro-life/PETA movement.

It is noteworthy that everyone who is for abortion has never been the victim of one. Isn't it?

Stepping on an ant is violence. Whats your point?
You equate ants with humans?

Forum List

Back