Why do you support Ukraine?

As I have said before many times: "Putin the Commie, is the lesser of 2 evils. Zelensky, the Nazi is the most evil of the two. I feel compassion for the honest citizens of both countries but the leaders of both countries deserve to be hung off the sign of an Aral gas station like their uncle Benito Mussolini.

This thread is meant for Americans who support Ukraine or I suppose Canadians or Europeans for that matter. Why do you support Ukraine?

Let me explain my position on the war I am neutral in the Russia Ukraine war. As an American I recognize that we invaded dated Iraq … for anyone here who supports Ukraine when we invaded Iraq in 2003 did you support Iraq? If not then what kind of logic do you have? When we went to war in Vietnam to defend south Vietnam from north Vietnam did you support north Vietnam ? because if you didn’t then why are you supporting Ukraine today?

Russia invaded Ukraine. Russia did not invade the United States of America. As an American I have no reason to be against Russia they did not support Saddam Hussein and Iraq in 2003 and they could have quite easily… but they did not they could’ve sent them tons and tons of F-16 jets or they could’ve sent them rifles they could’ve sent them plenty of tanks who knows chemical weapons they could’ve sent them many things that’s the point but they didn’t.

I suspect many people here support Ukraine because their government is telling them to do so. Because they see pictures on the media outlets including right wing and left wing …showing some Ukrainian refugees and children crying. Going by that same logic literally the same logic because we’re all human beings doesn’t matter what country you’re from unless somebody is a bigot. ….What about the grandmas in Iraq that were crying and screaming because of their dead grandchildren when the Americans invaded?

I can already imagine some of the far left wing and even the neo conservative responses

oh Saddam Hussein’s not the same thing as Zelenskyy”

Well actually Saddam Hussein had a huge amount of support from Iraqi Christians and from women in Iraq. And look at today Iraq is almost controlled by Iran and there’s many people in Iraq many people in the Arab nation that are against Iran they don’t like seeing women forced to cover their hair. But in Iraq and parts of Iraq that’s an issue now. Wasn’t like that in the 1980s or 1990s when by the way America support Iraq in a fight against Iran.

Ukrainian lives matter , CNN tells me this so I support Ukraine, can’t you see what Vladimir Putin is doing to Ukraine. Can’t you see how evil the Russians are. Don’t you see all the pictures of people crying in Ukraine

This is not a logical argument from the neoconservatives and from the left-wing Americans. And here is why …you could look at the photos from the Vietnam war of young Vietnamese babies being killed Vietnamese children crying.

There are individual Americans and individual Russians who have committed war crimes in war…but most Americans and most Russians just like most Ukrainians are good people. This all goes back to one thing you see America has invaded other countries so when Russia invaded Ukraine don’t throw that stone in the glass house.

Finally and here’s something really important to consider. Yes it is true that Russia is not really like Vietnam or Iraq in one singular extraordinary sense. Russia has the most nuclear weapons in the world.

I would have to admit that I have an immediate bias because I have friends who are Ukranian, and I know some of the parents' stories of attocities committed by Russia in the past, starving a million or so to death.
But besides that... yes I would support Ukraine to an extent anyway. Russia was completely the aggressor and Putin is an ex KGB member who longs for recreating another embodiment of the Soviet Union. If he could have taken Ukraine easily, he would already be setting his sights on the next target, along with another excuse of how a large % of people long to be part of Russia.

The denial of violent provocations is probably attributed to the fact that the politics and their media remain silent about them. But actually they are very official.

were those explosions bombs that were set? or explosions from fired munitions? because if those were set explosions, they very easily could have been staged by Russia to create a motive for invading.

I would have to admit that I have an immediate bias because I have friends who are Ukranian, and I know some of the parents' stories of attocities committed by Russia in the past, starving a million or so to death.
But besides that... yes I would support Ukraine to an extent anyway. Russia was completely the aggressor and Putin is an ex KGB member who longs for recreating another embodiment of the Soviet Union. If he could have taken Ukraine easily, he would already be setting his sights on the next target, along with another excuse of how a large % of people long to be part of Russia.
Yes, Stalin starved Ukranians to the tune of two million or so. Bloody evil.

I know all such situations are more complicated than we make them out to be but for me it's easy, "one country is the aggressor without violent provocation while the other is defending their homeland".

You failed to defend your own homeland against Trudeau!!

Tell us no stories and we'll tell you no lies!

I know all such situations are more complicated than we make them out to be but for me it's easy, "one country is the aggressor without violent provocation while the other is defending their homeland".
You are clearly pro Russian as we assume you know the back history over the last 30 years and also know that it is of course crystal clear .

I feel confident that someone who tries to ram a cult religion down our throats constantly would never wish to pass judgements without first checking out full facts and circumstances .
I appreciate you would not want to be labelled a hypocrite , let alone also someone who deliberately and knowingly bore false witness .

"one country is the aggressor without violent provocation
while the other is defending their homeland".

38845.jpg

"Hey buddy, are you really sure I'm one of your heroes?

I'm asking you because I invaded the island of Grenada
to stop the expansion of the Warsaw Pact

just like Putin invaded Ukraine to stop the expansion of NATO."

ronald-reagan.jpg

because I hate putin and what he stands for. The guy is a fascist creep that shits on human rights, freedom and freedom of expression. I have to ask why you support him? That isn't something FDR would be ok with.
Why is it our business?

So all of a sudden Vladimir Putin is evil? Does that make President Obama, George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Donald Trump all evil for shaking hands with him?

Because Russia has been involved in Ukraine going back to 2014 and prior to that they were involved in Georgia. So all of a sudden that or Putin is evil that doesn’t make any sense at all.

There’s only one world in a nuclear war ruins it.

And I think that both the Russian government and the American government as well as the American population and the Russian population have work to do. We have both made mistakes in these past few years. We have to come together

It is shocking how Russians and Americans quickly forget about World War II and how we were allies. It is utterly and completely shocking how apparently much of the world just forgets about the holocaust and how every Jew in the world would have been exterminated if it wasn’t for the Soviets and the Americans working together. It really is unfortunate and we need to look at history and remember it. Remember the good things

To my fellow posers how much of the American population do we think supports giving all of these money and weapons to Ukraine. Because within the American population there appears to be disagreements on supporting Ukraine for different reasons.

It seems that there is no real popular support for America’s involvement in this war say compared to America’s involvement in World War II …After the Japanese struck Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, a date which will live in infamy. The world can never forget World War II can we. Is it only normal to say look at this unbelievable alliance between the Soviets and the Americans and how it saved the world.

Why is it our business?
Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. This much we pledge--and more.

When an emperor wannabe invades some country they are not satisfied with one bite. There were many before WW2 that said we should stay out of it as if that was an option. You don't mitigate the danger of an expansionist dictator by letting them snatch what they want. Putin is eager for another Nevile Chamberlain to trust him that he will stop with crushing just a few insignificant free countries. We all know the patsy he has in mind.
Part of the thing for me brother is this whole thing that doesn’t make any sense as I see Talking Heads on the media saying “you know back in World War II some people are saying let’s not mess with Hitler”.

Well The thing is it was the Soviet union, the Americans, the British empire and the Chinese nationalist and communist that all worked together for the cause of the greater good. It really is upsetting to me to hear people on the media bring up the World War II comparison… they even talk about how in World War II “we use Len Leise to stop the Nazis now we should use Len Leise today to stop Russia”…. that is offensive to the legacy of the allies of World War II.

because the Soviets and Americans were brothers in World War II. I’ve seen countless hours of video testimonial from the World War II era from years after World War II to solidify that yes the Soviets and the Americans respected each other during World War II. It wasn’t an “alliance of convenience” that is an insult to the tens of millions of human beings that were killed because of Adolph Hitler and the Nazis.

Why is this even a thing …..if it wasn’t for the Soviets and the Americans all Jews of the world would be wiped out. Like people forget that there were concentration camps where the third Reich would destroy people not based on their political class not based on their economic class …literally based on how they were born. …was never anything like that in human history

Forum List

Back