Why do you want right wing judges on the bench, what do you want

Susan Collins-

Supreme Court Justices have not hesitated to rule against the presidents who have nominated them. Perhaps most notably in United States v. Nixon,three Nixon appointees who heard the case joined the unanimous opinion against him.

Judge Kavanaugh has been unequivocal in his belief that no president is above the law. He has stated that Marbury v. Madison, Youngstown Steel v. Sawyer and United States v. Nixon are three of the four greatest Supreme Court cases in history. What do they have in common? Each of them is a case where the Court served as a check on presidential power. And I would note that the fourth case that Judge Kavanaugh has pointed to as the greatest in history was Brown v Board of Education.

One Kavanaugh decision illustrates the point about the check on presidential power directly. He wrote the opinion in Hamdan v. United States, a case that challenged the Bush Administration’s military commission prosecution of an associate of Osama Bin Laden. This conviction was very important to the Bush Administration, but Judge Kavanaugh, who had been appointed to the DC Circuit by President Bush and had worked in President Bush’s White House, ruled that the conviction was unlawful. As he explained during the hearing, “We don’t make decisions based on who people are, or their policy preferences, or the moment. We base decisions on the law”

You can’t be serious. Then again...
As it should be, according to the Constitution, as the Founders designed it, not by rule by fiat
The OP's post is based on a fallacy. The SCOTUS doesn't make law, they interpret the law. Anything that is changed will come from the people. Elections have consequences. I simply want judges that interpret the law who aren't activists.

Well it really depends on their interpretation, doesn't it. So in essence they determine the law of the land.

Yet he thinks the Potus is above the law, he is too busy playing golf to be under an investigation, civil or criminal. That is why he got nominated by the Potus.

Dead serious. You didn't read his paper from 2008 which I have been posting non stop , did you?

Last edited:
Actually, here's the problem with you guys stacking the court.

January 2021, after Trump has run the GOP into the ground and Democrats control everything again, all they have to do is expand the size of the court to 11 Justices, and appoint two more liberals.

Done.

Last time that was tried, it was a Democrat in charge.

When? Link please.

FDR

take your choice

roosevelt stacked supreme court - Yahoo Search Results

from them?? What do you think they will do??

Just list them:

like repealing Roe v. Wade

Allow insurance companies to opt out of birth control?

Make no laws concerning guns.

End SSM

Start saying prayers in public schools.

Get rid of public schools.

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

End all social programs , except for vets.

Fresh butthurt?

:lol:

Just list them:

End SSM

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

As it should be, according to the Constitution, as the Founders designed it, not by rule by fiat
The OP's post is based on a fallacy. The SCOTUS doesn't make law, they interpret the law. Anything that is changed will come from the people. Elections have consequences. I simply want judges that interpret the law who aren't activists.

Well it really depends on their interpretation, doesn't it. So in essence they determine the law of the land.

Yet he thinks the Potus is above the law, he is too busy playing golf to be under an investigation, civil or criminal. That is why he got nominated by the Potus.

You on the left are sure puppets. Master says, slave does.

Just list them:

End SSM

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

Why do you hardcore Progressives on the Court?

having the USA OFFICIALLY declared a "CHRISTIAN nation" with laws directly from the christian bible.....

gays and atheists back in the closet
no more evolution in schools
non-christian religions outlawed
women back in the kitchen

The End is Near.jpeg

Just list them:

End SSM

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

Exactly.

In essence the authoritarian right seeks to dismantle the Constitutional edifice that prohibits them from seeking to disadvantage various classes of persons through force of law

Conservatives wish to give greater power and authority to the state at the expense of the rights and protected liberties of the people.

And Republicans are hoping to realize through a judicial monopoly a permanent political advantage.

Besides following the Constitution I'd say one of the biggest things for me is watching leftist go insane with rage.
Good Times!!!

So you love a country divided. What do you mean by following the Constitution?

Absolutely!
Like I'd ever agree with anything you fruit cakes come up with.
Men in the girls room,butt fucking,open borders,shutting down ICE....is it any wonder we're divided? I mean who in their right mind would support that kinda shit?

As far as following the Constitution goes I think it's it's pretty self explanatory.

ICE is new. Not in the constitution. Years ago men and women used outhouses, the same ones. Well the rich had servants and a pot and the servant emptied it. LOL.

Besides following the Constitution I'd say one of the biggest things for me is watching leftist go insane with rage.
Good Times!!!

It's you with your Hate and Bigotry that's divided America....

You ELECTED TRUMP...……….

So your divisiveness is justified because you didn't get what you want?

Do you want to elect a president based on who can wear the stupidest hat or chant the best?

The ultimate example of how elections have consequences.

The Regressive Left managed to repulse enough people to get this guy into the White House, so here we are.

And sadly, it's clear that they STILL haven't looked in the mirror.

Just list them:

End SSM

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

I want textualists on the SCOTUS bench, or any bench for that matter! Partisan ideology really shouldn't be apparent in a justice's personal or professional life other than tell tale signs of who they are employed by and whether they have a hx of interpreting the constitution vs. legislating from the bench in their application of the law.

Good Times!!!

Absolutely!
Like I'd ever agree with anything you fruit cakes come up with.
Men in the girls room,butt fucking,open borders,shutting down ICE....is it any wonder we're divided? I mean who in their right mind would support that kinda shit?

As far as following the Constitution goes I think it's it's pretty self explanatory.

ICE is new. Not in the constitution. Years ago men and women used outhouses, the same ones. Well the rich has servants and a pot and the servant emptied it. LOL.

So what? The FDA and many other alphabet institutions aren't in the Constitution either.

So you're telling me they had multiple hole outhouses for the general public to use?

Damn you're a dumb one.....:290968001256257790-final:

Just list them:

End SSM

End the EPA.

End ACA for good.

Exactly.

In essence the authoritarian right seeks to dismantle the Constitutional edifice that prohibits them from seeking to disadvantage various classes of persons through force of law

Conservatives wish to give greater power and authority to the state at the expense of the rights and protected liberties of the people.

And Republicans are hoping to realize through a judicial monopoly a permanent political advantage.

You can't make up this shit. Progressives want Progressive Judges so that they can rule in favor of a Progressive agenda while criticizing the Right for wanting the same thing. You people are truly vile and stupid.
NOBODY is going to over turn Roe v Wade, stop whining.

The great thing about our freedoms is that all our divisions strengthen us. We are clearly divided by religions, economic class, region, heritage. That's only the beginning of the list. Yet we can all live independently of each other out entire lives. We don't need to all believe the same things. That would hurt the country severely. Both sides always think they are correct and we as citizens should conform only to their beliefs. Time for a third party.

The ultimate example of how elections have consequences.

The Regressive Left managed to repulse enough people to get this guy into the White House, so here we are.

And sadly, it's clear that they STILL haven't looked in the mirror.
Nice of them to remind everyone of that right before an election.......

Those that got Trump elected are ticked again...........boomerang................

No, only when it's Democrat judges like that little imp in Hawaii that said Trump could not place a ban on people coming here from other countries. The law was written by Congress many years ago and not challenged until Trump used it. He decided that he didn't like the law, and deemed it unconstitutional after all these years.

So these are the type of people we need to rid our country of--Democrat judges. Because it's Democrat judges who feel empowered for judicial legislation.

Forum List

Back