Why does Elon Musk want to own Twitter?

Twitter and Facebook and others became politically woke. What his motives are, we will find out. but people who are not Progs have found their avenues of concern reduced over the years. The screwy thing is that the anything goes agendas may bring back a stronger family centric way of living as the economy declines.

Facebook is so woke it continues to be a cesspit of right wing conspiracy messaging.

i think Elon Musk wants to own Twitter to put Donald Trump back on Twitter.

Trump won't go back to Twitter because he made his own network when he got banned from Twitter.

Musk has said a 100 times he doesn't like the lack of free speech on Twitter and he welcomes even his critics to it because he wants us all to have free speech and as of now there is none on Twitter.

Elon Musk, after buying Twitter, threatens to buy Coca-Cola!
"Next I will buy Coca-Cola to return cocaine to it."

An 8-ball (3.5 grams) in every jug... :woohoo:

Attachments

• 8-ball.jpg
    8-ball.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 15
1st, it's from the "New Yorker" bastion of Leftistness (so expect a biased and slanted distortion)
2nd it's a subjective opinion piece by a Leftist (so expect a biased and slanted distortion.)

Yet, submitted as FWIW:

Why Elon Musk Bought Twitter​

The social network’s freewheeling poster child will pay forty-four billion dollars to take it private. What does he have in store?
EXCERPT:
On Monday, Elon Musk bought Twitter for forty-four billion dollars. Musk, the C.E.O. of Tesla and the richest man on earth, plans to take the social-media company private, and has said that he wants Twitter to adhere more closely to the principles of free speech, which, in a statement, Musk called “the bedrock of a functioning democracy.” (In the same statement, he described Twitter as the “digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated.”) Musk himself is a frequent tweeter, and it is assumed that he will continue to use the platform, and potentially reinstate the account of former President Donald Trump. He is also thought to be less likely to ban people for violations of the platform’s policies, which themselves may change.

To talk about Musk and what the future holds for his newest acquisition, I spoke by phone with Matt Levine, a Bloomberg Opinion columnist who has been comprehensively reporting on and analyzing this story over the past month in his newsletter. During our conversation, which has been edited for length and clarity, we discussed how Musk has used Twitter to further his business interests, how he views freedom of speech, and why Twitter’s influence has long surpassed its financial value.

i think Elon Musk wants to own Twitter to put Donald Trump back on Twitter.
Musk and Trump are on talking Terms but Musk has no shortage of Criticism for Trump.
Trump has so far expressed no interest in being back on twitter and his own platform is taking off like a rocket right now ( surprise to me since it's an apple only site) .

Additionally musk has inherited an uncooperative swamp of antagonist employees who would probably cause him all kinds of trouble and he is not looking for trouble he is looking to take Twitter's sagging performance and super charge the platform into a money maker. He has started already. He is adding a bit coin buying and selling mechanism to the platform and will be paying content creators in crypto currency. Man...this guy doesn't waste any time when it comes to moving forward.

JO

Musk and Trump are on talking Terms but Musk has no shortage of Criticism for Trump.
Trump has so far expressed no interest in being back on twitter and his own platform is taking off like a rocket right now ( surprise to me since it's an apple only site) .

Additionally musk has inherited an uncooperative swamp of antagonist employees who would probably cause him all kinds of trouble and he is not looking for trouble he is looking to take Twitter's sagging performance and super charge the platform into a money maker. He has started already. He is adding a bit coin buying and selling mechanism to the platform and will be paying content creators in crypto currency. Man...this guy doesn't waste any time when it comes to moving forward.

JO

Yep.... they can't hide the butthurt. Funny though.... most of these morons don't own any stock. I believe that the board members got the 3 am phone call when they were trying to sabotage the purchase because they got out there a day later and were VERY VERY CONCILATORY.... All of the moonbats can say whatever they want...in the final analysis the people who owned the stock didn't care what they had to say.

JO

Musk supported that dipshit Obama in 2008.

He ain't the Savior that we Conservatives hope he will be.

Musk supported that dipshit Obama in 2008.

He ain't the Savior that we Conservatives hope he will be.
Don't you start with the "worship" talk Like the annoying leftists.

Many of us RESPECT the man for his stance on Free speech. I'm betting he's not so much a supporter of the black messiah now. I'm able to accept that many people are capable of learning and growing.

His presence on Twitter is only a good thing.

His presence on Twitter is only a good thing.
Yes, BUT don't be surprised if he is not the John Gault we hope he will be.

It took a real idiot to have supported Obama in 2008. It would be nice if he has learned his lesson but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

He stills believes in this AGW horseshit and he contributes to a lot of Liberal causes.

I love what he did to Twitter and him being a fan of the Babylon Bee is hopeful but he still has some significant Liberal baggage to overcome.

Forum List

Back