Why does everyone say Rand Paul's question was fictional?

The overwhelming majority of drone strikes are used against NON-COMBATANT targets either eating dinner in their house or in a cafe or walking down the street.

So how is this fictional or hypothetical? If we're going to start using drones WITHIN the United States, we should be able to ask whether or not we're going to use them the same way we use them in foreign territory, since that's the only historical model of drone use that we can base on observations on.

Also, the amount of time and pressure it took to release this answer, implies that they originally intended to use drones in the United States the exact same way they use them overseas.

Paul and Wyden drew so much public attention to the issue, that it forced them to deny themselves the authority to carry out such strikes. Now if they dare to carry out such a strike, they would be impeached and removed from Office, since they themselves have declared it unconstitutional and the same will apply to EVERY FUTURE PRESIDENT.

Now let's not stop here, and get to the NDAA and the Patriot Act and draw the same amount of attention. I'd rather be dead than jailed for life without due process, because I was declared a terrorist for helping organize Occupy Wall Street.

FBI Investigated 'Occupy' As Possible 'Terrorism' Threat, Internal Documents Show

It's fictional, and only feeds the wingnut trolls, because in the U.S. we have any number of domestic law enforcement that can apprehend a suspect.

The whole reason we use drones in Pakistan is because we have no access to those areas, and no assistance from that country's law enforcement.

President Barack Obama would not use a drone to kill an American on U.S. soil, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Thursday, responding to Sen. Rand Paul's 13-hour filibuster a day earlier on the Senate floor.

"The president has not and would not use drone strikes against American citizens on American soil," Carney said at a press briefing.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney: President Barack Obama won't use drones against Americans in U.S. - POLITICO.com

Hence Paul's question was fictional.

Obviously the right, once again, and in true form, is attempting to contrive a controversy where none exists.

President Barack Obama would not use a drone to kill an American on U.S. soil, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Thursday, responding to Sen. Rand Paul's 13-hour filibuster a day earlier on the Senate floor.

"The president has not and would not use drone strikes against American citizens on American soil," Carney said at a press briefing.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney: President Barack Obama won't use drones against Americans in U.S. - POLITICO.com

Obviously the right, once again, and in true form, is attempting to contrive a controversy where none exists.

If I recall correctly Hitler made the same pledge .

No drone attacks on the Jews .

But incinerations - gas chambers executions , well, that was a different matter.

But incinerations - gas chambers executions , well, that was a different matter.

I thought you White supremacists didn't believe the gas chamber stories?

Bunch of morons.

The question was asked to get an answer on philosophy of this Administration. Up until that moment, they wouldn't say one way or the other.

So, it was NOT a fictional question. It was a question of policy, which is within the authority of the Senate to ask of any Administration.

I thought you White supremacists didn't believe the gas chamber stories?

HUH?

I am from Puerto Rico - my hair is kinky, my skin is brown, and we believe the gas chamber stories.

After all , a racist Supreme Court, ruled in 1922 that because of our mongrelized blood, we can not be a state.

P1: The U.S. drone bombs people at weddings in the Middle East, a place we treat as a battlefield.
P2: The Federal government defines the U.S. as a battlefield under the laws of war, no due process.

C: The Federal government has created a framework that allows drone strikes in America against non-combatants.

Wrong........................it's bullshit unless you can provide direct quotes to the actual document.

Otherwise, you're just another fear monger like the rest of the Tea Party and the GOP.

If they can't scare you, you won't vote..........................

You have no knowledge. You are utterly clueless. Don't call information bullshit if you haven't researched jack shit.

US air strike wiped out Afghan wedding party, inquiry finds | World news | guardian.co.uk

Battlefield US: Americans face arrest as war criminals under Army state law ? RT USA

"‘We were in the middle of our discussion when the missile hit and I was thrown about 24 feet from where I was sitting. I was knocked unconscious and when I awoke I saw many individuals who were dead or injured,’ he says in his affidavit."

CIA Drone Killing of Non-Combatants Detailed in British Court (Woods) | Informed Comment

Apparently YOU are the one who can't be troubled to research anything.

First............yeah, there was an attack on a wedding party, but it was in a COMBAT ZONE and had KNOWN TALIBAN INSURGENTS IN ATTENDANCE.

As far as the rest of your quotes? Quoting blogs and articles from nations outside the US hardly qualifies, especially when one of them said that the Senate was due to vote on whether or not the U.S. could be considered a battlefield with military personnel doing the law enforcement. Never gonna happen.

The only "research" you do is on far right wing bullshit sites that support your deranged views. Try linking to a real news site instead of blogs sometime.

Forum List

Back