Why does one polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other?

you would think that Antarctica would show a strong signal from CO2 because it is a desert and water isnt interfering yet.....

image_thumb112.png

14southernssta_thumb.png

...no such luck.

I also find it interesting that Zwally waited for five years before he published his information that found Antarctica was gaining mass instead of losing it. he certainly knew about the results because he presented informal presentations to NASA in 2011 and 2012. funny how those didnt get any big press releases.

Then you should have said Greenland, not "the Arctic".

For that matter, in your discussion of the differences between the Arctic and the Antarctic, why did you make no mention that one was a continent surrounded by an ocean while the other was an ocean surrounded by continents? Did that wee point slip your mind?
Hilarious.

you would think that Antarctica would show a strong signal from CO2 because it is a desert and water isnt interfering yet.....

image_thumb112.png

14southernssta_thumb.png

...no such luck.

I also find it interesting that Zwally waited for five years before he published his information that found Antarctica was gaining mass instead of losing it. he certainly knew about the results because he presented informal presentations to NASA in 2011 and 2012. funny how those didnt get any big press releases.

Anyone who claims Antarctica is "melting" doesn't understand what Antarctica is, what it does.

It manufactures an annual ice core every year. It responds to force, mainly gravity, and moves. It scoops up dirt and loose material and pushes that out over the oceans. The ice then breaks off as icebergs, leaving just bedrock.

Check out the map of Antarctica - ice removed - vs. current sea level

You'd think the opposite, given the lack of water vapor feedback. That is, if you understood the science.

And it's misleading of you to post surface water temps, which are influenced by the increased melt, and leave out the deeper water temperatures. Inconvenient to your cause, so you have to ignore it.

I don't think anyone else finds your conspiracy theories to be interesting.

You'd think the opposite, given the lack of water vapor feedback. That is, if you understood the science.

And it's misleading of you to post surface water temps, which are influenced by the increased melt, and leave out the deeper water temperatures. Inconvenient to your cause, so you have to ignore it.

I don't think anyone else finds your conspiracy theories to be interesting.
"I don't think anyone else finds your conspiracy theories to be interesting."

What's the conspiracy theory? Sounds like it's your theory.

So according to LaDexter, the fact that glaciers move means they can't melt.

Yep, another denier rocket scientist.

We have 12 weather stations on Antarctica, several of which have been there more than 40 years. The record high temperature recorded is 12F or 20 degrees short... but keep trying...

So according to LaDexter, the fact that glaciers move means they can't melt.

Yep, another denier rocket scientist.

We have 12 weather stations on Antarctica, several of which have been there more than 40 years. The record high temperature recorded is 12F or 20 degrees short... but keep trying...

Mammoth responds, DENIER!!! DEATH TO THE DENIER!!!! CO2 can easily melt ice at -12F much less 12F

Hint...

90% of Earth ice on LAND MASS Antarctica
7% of Earth ice on LAND MASS Greenland

So ToddsterpatriotofISRAEL,

how much ice does Earth have if Earth has TWO POLAR OCEANS??

Why do you lie about things that are so easily checked?

Climate of Antarctica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
---
Along the Antarctic Peninsula, temperatures as high as 15 °C (59 °F) have been recorded
---

So, your claim was only off by 47 degrees. For you, that's far more accurate than usual.

WEATHER STATIONS, dearie Flat Earther

The tectonically active peninsula releases heat during tectonic activity. The warmers rush down there with thermometers blazing to pick up the magna influenced "warming."

Meanwhile, the 12 WEATHER STATIONS have recorded an all time high of 12F...

Why Antarctica has more ice than the Arctic? I think it is because of the heat capacitance of water versus that of land. With land then, there is less heat exchange, so the ice can stay below freezing for a lot longer.

Hint...

So ToddsterpatriotofISRAEL,

how much ice does Earth have if Earth has TWO POLAR OCEANS??

That's your giant reveal? Derp!

So ToddsterpatriotofISRAEL

So LaDexterMORON

Why does one polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other?

If you cannot answer that question, you know precisely nothing about Earth climate change...

If you can even ask such a meaningless dumbshit question...."you know precisely nothing about Earth climate change"

WEATHER STATIONS, dearie Flat Earther

Where do you think the thermometers are at? Do you think they're just tacked up on a wall somwhere? God, you're stupid.

The tectonically active peninsula releases heat during tectonic activity. The warmers rush down there with thermometers blazing to pick up the magna influenced "warming."

Holy shit. I didn't think you could out-dumb yourself ... and you just did. Your stupid there left me temporarily stunned, such was its magnitude.

I nominate that sentence for this week's Dumb-Off award. And I think nominations should now be closed, as there's no way anybody could outdo that.

Meanwhile, the 12 WEATHER STATIONS have recorded an all time high of 12F...

Now that's not dumb. That's just you lying again. I backed up my statement with evidence. In contrast, you pissed yourself, ran away, and then came back screaming the same big lie, like you always do. You may be the most cowardly liar I've encountered here yet.

No, you cherry picked one temperature reading from the warmers chasing tectonic events, and ignored the 40+ years of weather station data, which shows a record high of 12F...

So it is "astoundingly stupid" to notice that LAND near an Earth pole is what controls/dictates how much ice planet Earth has, and CO2 has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT....

No, Crick, it is ASTOUNDINGLY STUPID to have continuous taxpayer funding for you and your fudgebaking fearmongering friends....

Forum List

Back