Why does the bible tend to contradict itself?

did you not know - the 10 commandments do not exist - because moses (destroyed) them ... so what exactly are you referring to.

you must be a rittenhouse fan, are you packing.

* try replacing the life taken by your own hands ... such is irredeemable - has much to do with the subject and sinlessness.

The Jews have some 600 Commandments. They read read the Ten Commandments in public on Shavuot and as part of the weekly Torah portions of Yitro (Exodus 20) and Va’ethanan (Deuteronomy 5).

And, the Ten Commandments survived in Christianity and in Islam so what exactly is your point and what does it have to do with Rittenhouse?

The Jews have some 600 Commandments. They read read the Ten Commandments in public on Shavuot and as part of the weekly Torah portions of Yitro (Exodus 20) and Va’ethanan (Deuteronomy 5).

And, the Ten Commandments survived in Christianity and in Islam so what exactly is your point and what does it have to do with Rittenhouse?

no - they do not read the 10 commandments. the heretic moses destroyed them - etched tablets from heaven - are you one of his fans as well.

there are no 10 commandments - prove otherwise, christian. the original tablets - but then nothing you have is original so of course it matters not to you.

Didn't you know the difference between killing in self defense and murder?

rittenhouse - the christian motto.

no - they do not read the 10 commandments. the heretic moses destroyed them - etched tablets from heaven - are you one of his fans as well.

there are no 10 commandments - prove otherwise, christian. the original tablets - but then nothing you have is original so of course it matters not to you.

Moses may have been a literary device in an epic foundation story, but the 10 Commandments are still around. See the Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Hamurrabi Code.

Rittenhouse is a vigilante. I'm not and I am clear on what self defense is and isn't.

Like the bible is considered the inerrant word of God, but in the bible it calls a bat a bird and there are unicorns and dragons in the bible.

The discrepancies are in the translations of the bible, not the original manuscripts. Not every English word has an equivalent word in every other language, and sometimes their may be several choices, none which aren't exactly the same.

Translations is an art as well as a science

The discrepancies are in the translations of the bible, not the original manuscripts. Not every English word has an equivalent word in every other language, and sometimes their may be several choices, none which aren't exactly the same.

Translations is an art as well as a science

According to the biblical narrative the first set of tablets, inscribed by the finger of God, (Exodus 31:18) were smashed by Moses when he was enraged by the sight of the Children of Israel worshipping a golden calf (Exodus 32:19) and the second were later chiseled out by Moses and rewritten by God (Exodus 34:1).

Moses may have been a literary device in an epic foundation story, but the 10 Commandments are still around. See the Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Hamurrabi Code.

Rittenhouse is a vigilante. I'm not and I am clear on what self defense is and isn't.
there are no 10 commandments - prove otherwise, christian. the original tablets ...

are you claiming to have read the comandments from the etched tablets from the heavens ...

- No other gods before me.
- No graven images or likenesses.

these two - and some thought they were just madeup - moses on steroids.

are you claiming to have read the comandments from the etched tablets from the heavens ...

- No other gods before me.
- No graven images or likenesses.

these two - and some thought they were just madeup - moses on steroids.

No of course not..

It's a collection of myths, cobbled together and plagiarized from various, older myths. We should expect it to be incoherent and self-contradicting.

I have no idea what your point is but that verse did not do away with God's law concerning UNCLEAN foods. Look for reasons to OBEY God, not EXCUSES TO SIN.

Even as late as Acts 10 Peter's vision, which most rebellious "christians " use to eat UNCLEAN, the honest person admits his dream has NOTHING to do with food, but PEOPLE

Jesus in Matthew 5:17 said he did not come to abolish or the prophets, but to fulfill them.

Jesus in Matthew 5:17 said he did not come to abolish or the prophets, but to fulfill them.

Yes, so what's your point? To "fulfill" means to "make full."

Right after this quote He said:

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands(Y) and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven

Who is saying the laws can be ignored? Me or Sue? Me or that other angry woman?

Read again what Christ said about those who teach that God's COMMANDS should be ignored:

Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands(Y) and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven

Like the bible is considered the inerrant word of God, but in the bible it calls a bat a bird and there are unicorns and dragons in the bible.

Many of those references are figurative, not intended to be taken literally. You need to read a responsible Bible commentary. You could start with Dr. Gleason Archer's An Examination of the Alleged Discrepancies of the Bible.

You have just demonstrated a bigoted "abject" ignorance of the Holy Scriptures and their actual content. To declare that none of the 10 commandments of God, eternally righteous laws.....were carried forward into the New Testament Covenant of Christ Jesus is based upon your total ignorance of the Holy Bible.

All the eternally righteous commandments of God are carried forth into the N.T. covenant. The only one of the 10 commandments not carried forth is the SABBATH commandment because it was exclusive only to the nation of Biblical Isarel and the Law of Moses. This command never existed before the Law of Moses was in effect nor after it was fulfilled by the Christ.
:disbelief: There are no so blind as those who do not see.

1. Commandment One, "I am the Lord your God......you shall have no other Gods before Me. Repeated and Found in the record of the N.T. doctrine. (Matt. 4:10, Acts 17:16, Rom. 1:25, 1 Cor. 8:4-6, Phil. 3:19, Col. 2:18, Rev. 19:10, 22:9)

2. Commandment Two, "You shall not make for yourself craven imagines......." Repeated and Found in the N.T. doctrine (Acts 15:29, Rom. 1:22-23, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, Eph. 5:5, 1 John 5:21, Rev. 21:8, 22:15).

3. Commandment Three, "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain......." Repeated and found in the N.T. doctrine (Matt. 5:33-37, 22:16-22, James 5:12)

4. Commandment Four, "Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy...... Not repeated as an observance in the N.T. it was replaced by worship on the 1st day of the week (Co. 2:16-17) A Christian's sabbath (day of rest comes after this life is over).

5. Commandment Five, "Honor your father and mother..........." Repeated and found in the N.T. doctrine (Matt. 15:4-9, Rom. 1:30, Eph. 6:1-3, Col. 3:20)

6. Commandment Six, "You shall not murder..........." Repeated and found in the N.T. doctrine (Matt. 15:19, Mark 7:21-23, Rom. 1:29, 13:9, 1 Tim. 9:10, James 2:11, 1 John 3:15).

7. Commandment Seven, "You shall not commit adultery......" Repeated and found in the N.T. doctrine (Mark 7:21-23, 10:11-12, Acts 15:20, Rom. 2:22, 7:2-3, 13:9, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 7:5, Heb. 13:4).

8. Commandment Eight, "You shall not steal.........." Repeated and found in N.T. doctrine (Matt. 15:19, Mark 7:21-23, Luke 3:13-14, Rom. 13:9, 1 Cor.6:9-10, Eph. 4:28, James 5:4."

9. Commandment Nine, "You shall not bear false witness........." Repeated and found in N.T. doctrine (Matt. 15:19, Luke 3:14, Rom. 1:29-30, 13:9, Eph. 4:31, 1 Tim. 1:9-10, 2 Tim. 3:3, James 4:11).

10. Commandment Ten, "You shall not covet........" Repeated and found in N.T. doctrine (Mark 7:21-23, Luke 12:15, Acts 20:33, Rom. 1:29, 13:9, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, Eph. 5:3."

Last edited:
You have just demonstrated a bigoted "abject" ignorance of the Holy Scriptures and their actual content. To declare that none of the 10 commandments of God, eternally righteous laws.....were carried forward into the New Testament Covenant of Christ Jesus is based upon your total ignorance of the Holy Bible.

All the eternally righteous commandments of God are carried forth into the N.T. covenant. The only one of the 10 commandments not carried forth is the SABBATH commandment because it was exclusive only to the nation of Biblical Isarel and the Law of Moses. This command never existed before the Law of Moses was in effect nor after it was fulfilled by the Christ.
:disbelief: There are no so blind as those who do not see.

1. Commandment One, "I am the Lord your God......you shall have no other Gods before Me. Repeated and Found in the record of the N.T. doctrine. (Matt. 4:10, Acts 17:16, Rom. 1:25, 1 Cor. 8:4-6, Phil. 3:19, Col. 2:18, Rev. 19:10, 22:9)

2. Commandment Two, "You shall not make for yourself craven imagines......." Repeated and Found in the N.T. doctrine (Acts 15:29, Rom. 1:22-23, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, Eph. 5:5, 1 John 5:21, Rev. 21:8, 22:15).

3. Commandment Three, "You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain......." Repeated and found in the N.T. doctrine (Matt. 5:33-37, 22:16-22, James 5:12)

4. Commandment Four, "Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy...... Not repeated as an observance in the N.T. it was replaced by worship on the 1st day of the week (Co. 2:16-17) A Christian's sabbath (day of rest comes after this life is over).

5. Commandment Five, "Honor your father and mother..........." Repeated and found in the N.T. doctrine (Matt. 15:4-9, Rom. 1:30, Eph. 6:1-3, Col. 3:20)

6. Commandment Six, "You shall not murder..........." Repeated and found in the N.T. doctrine (Matt. 15:19, Mark 7:21-23, Rom. 1:29, 13:9, 1 Tim. 9:10, James 2:11, 1 John 3:15).

7. Commandment Seven, "You shall not commit adultery......" Repeated and found in the N.T. doctrine (Mark 7:21-23, 10:11-12, Acts 15:20, Rom. 2:22, 7:2-3, 13:9, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 7:5, Heb. 13:4).

8. Commandment Eight, "You shall not steal.........." Repeated and found in N.T. doctrine (Matt. 15:19, Mark 7:21-23, Luke 3:13-14, Rom. 13:9, 1 Cor.6:9-10, Eph. 4:28, James 5:4."

9. Commandment Nine, "You shall not bear false witness........." Repeated and found in N.T. doctrine (Matt. 15:19, Luke 3:14, Rom. 1:29-30, 13:9, Eph. 4:31, 1 Tim. 1:9-10, 2 Tim. 3:3, James 4:11).

10. Commandment Ten, "You shall not covet........" Repeated and found in N.T. doctrine (Mark 7:21-23, Luke 12:15, Acts 20:33, Rom. 1:29, 13:9, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, Eph. 5:3."

clyde - just provide the tablets etched from heaven - all will be forgiven ...

what verifies their existence and "authenticity" your 10 commandments - proving their being any more than a figment of your imagination.

what verifies their existence and "authenticity" your 10 commandments - proving their being any more than a figment of your imagination.

Your total ignorance is showing again. Proof was provided with no.......BUT show me the stone tablet excuse. I once knew an atheist that omitted to being wrong.......but in the end, according to him, he was not wrong, but merely mistaken. :abgg2q.jpg:

Why would you attempt to apply any Law drafted specifically to Biblical Israel to any Christian? The Law of Moses was never written for a single Gentile.........yet there are eternally righteous commandments from God that are contained in every covenant between Man and God. (Deut. 4:5-8) The Law of Moses and the commandments written on stone was to prepare the world for the final covenant between man and God. The N.T. covenant of grace.

See Jer. 31:31-34. The commandments are no longer written on stone but in our inward parts........our heart. (Just as the Christ pointed, the Kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU.... Luke 17:20-22) But their doctrine still applies as demonstrated by Book, Chapter and Verse. You follow those eternally righteous laws of God........not because they are written (The letter) but because you love righteousness in your heart. (......its the Spirit that giveth life.)

Cleary Jesus had the ungodly pegged. You can't see because you refuse to see. The commandments are still Doctrine, and you were proven WRONG, yet again. I sense a pattern......... :eusa_think:

Last edited:
Your total ignorance is showing again. Proof was provided with no.......BUT show me the stone tablet excuse. I once knew an atheist that omitted to being wrong.......but in the end, according to him, he was not wrong, but merely mistaken. :abgg2q.jpg:

Why would you attempt to apply any Law drafted specifically to Biblical Israel to any Christian? The Law of Moses was never written for a single Gentile.........yet there are eternally righteous commandments from God that are contained in every covenant between Man and God. (Deut. 4:5-8) The Law of Moses and the commandments written on stone was to prepare the world for the final covenant between man and God. The N.T. covenant of grace.

See Jer. 31:31-34. The commandments are no longer written on stone but in our inward parts........our heart. (Just as the Christ pointed, the Kingdom of God is WITHIN YOU.... Luke 17:20-22) But their doctrine still applies as demonstrated by Book, Chapter and Verse. You follow those eternally righteous laws of God........not because they are written (The letter) but because you love righteousness in your heart. (......its the Spirit that giveth life.)

Cleary Jesus had the ungodly pegged. You can't see because you refuse to see. The commandments are still Doctrine, and you were proven WRONG, yet again. I sense a pattern......... :eusa_think:

no, you have not provided the stone tablets etched in heaven. your 10 commandments are made up - fallacies. moses is a fraud, any way you interpret the story.

no, you have not provided the stone tablets etched in heaven. your 10 commandments are made up - fallacies. moses is a fraud, any way you interpret the story.

I do not have to provide the Stone Tablets in order to present a Prima Facie Truth. What I presented is based upon eyewitness testimony. Your major problem...........you think that because you do not agree with the prima facie truth found in scripture this somehow effects my reason and logic. Your "ignorance" has no effect whatsoever on my cognitive ability to reason with logic. I find it entertaining to wind up someone like you and watch as you come SPINNING out of a corner your own ignorance has painted you into. :stir:

"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, BUT WERE EYEWITNESS TO HIS MAJESTY (2 Peter 1:16)

Eyewitness testimony (prima facie) is used every day in the U.S to help establish truth beyond a shadow of doubt..........sometimes such prima facie testimony (circumstantial) of at least 3 eyewitnesses results with criminals being n death role. In other words.......if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and swims like a duck, ITS A DUCK.

In order to dismiss the Prima Facie truth found in the Holy Scriptures you would by necessity have to PROVE though a presentation of Objective evidence that the Holy Scriptures are wrong. The Scriptures exist. That makes them an objective source to reference to prove something that was attacked as being in the Scriptures. The Scriptures can defend themselves. All that's required of you is to prove that God does not exist and inspired nothing.

The commandments exist as recorded in scripture as presented via the evidence of Eyewitness Testimony. Just prove that testimony (i.e., as in Testament) Wrong through a presentation of your own objective facts.

I simply demonstrated your ignorance in proving that certain eternally righteous commandments of God, found in the O.T. are still valid in the N.T., among them 9 of the 10 commandments contained in the Law of Moses. Your obvious Lie, "They (whoever they are) do not read the 10 commandments.......There are no 10 commandments....." Of course the Commandments exist, I just presented the exact place where one can read them by Book, Chapter and Verse. The commandments to not have to exist IN STONE, today they are "etched" into the heart.

Etched in Heaven? Now you are changing your story to stone tablets etched in heaven (even though) you do not believe in heaven? Its Funny indeed. Someone that is totally ignorant about the actual content of the Holy Scriptures attempting use that ignorance to argue. Is it not a grand thing to live in such a Nation that allows freedom of speech even if that speech proves just how ignorant one is? Everyone has the constitutional right to be stupid....no?

Last edited:
I do not have to provide the Stone Tablets in order to present a Prima Facie Truth. What I presented is based upon eyewitness testimony. Your major problem...........you think that because you do not agree with the prima facie truth found in scripture this somehow effects my reason and logic. Your "ignorance" has no effect whatsoever on my cognitive ability to reason with logic. I find it entertaining to wind up someone like you and watch as you come SPINNING out of a corner your own ignorance has painted you into. :stir:

"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, BUT WERE EYEWITNESS TO HIS MAJESTY (2 Peter 1:16)

Eyewitness testimony (prima facie) is used every day in the U.S to help establish truth beyond a shadow of doubt..........sometimes such prima facie testimony (circumstantial) of at least 3 eyewitnesses results with criminals being n death role. In other words.......if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and swims like a duck, ITS A DUCK.

In order to dismiss the Prima Facie truth found in the Holy Scriptures you would by necessity have to PROVE though a presentation of Objective evidence that the Holy Scriptures are wrong. The Scriptures exist. That makes them an objective source to reference to prove something that was attacked as being in the Scriptures. The Scriptures can defend themselves. All that's required of you is to prove that God does not exist and inspired nothing.

The commandments exist as recorded in scripture as presented via the evidence of Eyewitness Testimony. Just prove that testimony (i.e., as in Testament) Wrong through a presentation of your own objective facts.

I simply demonstrated your ignorance in proving that certain eternally righteous commandments of God, found in the O.T. are still valid in the N.T., among them 9 of the 10 commandments contained in the Law of Moses. Your obvious Lie, "They (whoever they are) do not read the 10 commandments.......There are no 10 commandments....." Of course the Commandments exist, I just presented the exact place where one can read them by Book, Chapter and Verse. The commandments to not have to exist IN STONE, today they are "etched" into the heart.

Etched in Heaven? Now you are changing your story to stone tablets etched in heaven (even though) you do not believe in heaven? Its Funny indeed. Someone that is totally ignorant about the actual content of the Holy Scriptures attempting use that ignorance to argue. Is it not a grand thing to live in such a Nation that allows freedom of speech even if that speech proves just how ignorant one is? Everyone has the constitutional right to be stupid....no?
Etched in Heaven? Now you are changing your story to stone tablets etched in heaven (even though) you do not believe in heaven?
no, you have not provided the stone tablets etched in heaven. your 10 commandments are made up - fallacies.

yes you do have to provide the etched tablets - they are not prima facie, they are physical evidence.

nothing has changed, clyde - howabout, what is the origin of the c bible 10 commandments where is the original document to authenticate their text ... surly you must know.

otherwise, like everything else in that book - its completely made up.

Forum List

Back