why does the left unquestionably trust government?

I am a big fan of the great liberal mind of Thomas Jefferson. Last fourth of July I visited the Jefferson Memorial and saw these inspiring words on the panel immediately behind the Jefferson statue

. "I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors

Even the great Jefferson realized that the liberal policies he and the other founding fathers developed were not meant to be an end in themselves and that future generations would have to Keep pace with the times

Only conservatives don't realize that

Conservatives cling to concepts like "classical liberalism" like liberalism is somehow frozen in time

Each generation faces it's own challenges. Those challenges are faced with either a liberal or conservative mindset. Each new challenge needs new solutions, new paradigms, new mindsets. To assume that if you do not maintain the same solutions as the founding fathers means you are not liberal is ludicrous

Almost as ludicrous as assuming 18th century solutions for 21st century problems

dude seriously where did you go to school I really really want to know. I told you where I did, least you can do is return the courtesy. At the very least tell me what book you read to believe what you are saying. SOMETHING. FOR LOVE OF GOD BACK UP WHAT YOURE SAYING WITH SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see why you turned off rep, really I can. You are a psychopath.

School?

Where did I say I went to school?

Everything I know I learned in the sewer. But I can still debate circles around wing nut conservatives

You make some good points sometimes. You just need to separate your own reasoning from Dogma, Preconceived Notion, and Propaganda. Defend Liberty, the Right to Witness, Justice and Truth, what you know, as opposed to that which is spoon fed and spun out of context. That holds true for all of us. Just because a claim is made, that in itself does not make it true, no matter how many times it is repeated. :)

I am a big fan of the great liberal mind of Thomas Jefferson. Last fourth of July I visited the Jefferson Memorial and saw these inspiring words on the panel immediately behind the Jefferson statue

. "I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors

Even the great Jefferson realized that the liberal policies he and the other founding fathers developed were not meant to be an end in themselves and that future generations would have to Keep pace with the times

Back on topic and to the set of question's that you have not answered yet. Did the government lie to us about Iraq? Did the government lie when it say Iraq had WMD's? Did you trust the government when Bush was president?

RW, I really need you to focus for just one second. You are saying Thomas Jefferson was a liberal. Nancy Pelosi is also considered liberal.

Compare and contrast the personal views of each and report back and tell me if they are the same.

Conservatives cling to concepts like "classical liberalism" like liberalism is somehow frozen in time

Each generation faces it's own challenges. Those challenges are faced with either a liberal or conservative mindset. Each new challenge needs new solutions, new paradigms, new mindsets. To assume that if you do not maintain the same solutions as the founding fathers means you are not liberal is ludicrous

Almost as ludicrous as assuming 18th century solutions for 21st century problems

dude seriously where did you go to school I really really want to know. I told you where I did, least you can do is return the courtesy. At the very least tell me what book you read to believe what you are saying. SOMETHING. FOR LOVE OF GOD BACK UP WHAT YOURE SAYING WITH SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see why you turned off rep, really I can. You are a psychopath.

School?

Where did I say I went to school?

Everything I know I learned in the sewer. But I can still debate circles around wing nut conservatives

man, you couldn't debate your way out of a paper bag.

what is one thing that is not in the enumerated powers that the federal government has done well? I can't think of anything.

Answer to subject heading: We don't unquestionably trust government.
Answer to above question; neither can I, what's your point? They've been able to do plenty through their legal powers.

Last edited:
The main problem with internet discussion forums is that unlike a face to face debate, the losers can simply ignore their own defeat. Face to face, you can't ignore facts and if you do it destroys any credibility so when people like RW ignore points, facts, and questions, I consider that them conceding defeat honestly.

$1300078685471.jpg

what is one thing that is not in the enumerated powers that the federal government has done well? I can't think of anything.

We don't unquestionably trust government.

The federal government doesn't do anything that isn't an enumerated power or necessary and proper - so your second question doesn't even mean anything.

really? I can't find the department of energy in the constitution. please point it out for me. thanks.

The federal government doesn't do anything that isn't an enumerated power or necessary and proper - so your second question doesn't even mean anything.

really? I can't find the department of energy in the constitution. please point it out for me. thanks.

I can't find the Air Force in the Constitution either, I guess that's unconstitutional then, right?

Nor can I find the departments of state, war, or treasury - which George Washington set up when he took office. I guess we've just been ignoring the Constitution from the very start of this nation, right?

I can't find the Air Force in the Constitution either, I guess that's unconstitutional then, right?

Nor can I find the departments of state, war, or treasury - which George Washington set up when he took office. I guess we've just been ignoring the Constitution from the very start of this nation, right?

Derp, the Air Force came out of the army air corps. Idiot. State, War, or treasury? Man, really? Article 1 Section 8:

State: To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

There is a department of war? What? Didn't that disappear in 1947?

Treasury:
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

Any other brain busters? Also, stop being a typical left wing dumbfuck and tell me where the department of energy is. Also you have no idea what the difference between a cabinet position and a bureaucracy is? really? Here is one major difference: Cabinet position is confirmed by congress, a bureaucratic one is not. Sheesh...do you even know basic civics? Get a clue.

Last edited:

The air force is an off branch of the army. and the EPA IS?

Derp, the Air Force came out of the army air corps. Idiot. State, War, or treasury? Man, really? Article 1 Section 8:

State: To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;

There is a department of war? What? Didn't that disappear in 1947?

Treasury:
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

Any other brain busters? Also, stop being a typical left wing dumbfuck and tell me where the department of energy is. Also you have no idea what the difference between a cabinet position and a bureaucracy is? really? Here is one major difference: Cabinet position is confirmed by congress, a bureaucratic one is not. Sheesh...do you even know basic civics? Get a clue.

Derp, the Department of Energy came out of the Army Corps of Engineers. Idiot.

Back on topic and to the set of question's that you have not answered yet. Did the government lie to us about Iraq? Did the government lie when it say Iraq had WMD's? Did you trust the government when Bush was president?

I have already answered twice.....it is not my fault you do not understand the US Constitution

Now, when are you going to answer my question?

Is there any government on earth more trustworthy than the US?

Why are you afraid to answer?

The Air Force is in the Constitution......right next to NASA

Hahaha...I wonder what it is like to be a modern American liberal. I can't figure out if it is euphoric to be living in a fantasy world or depressing.

An "off branch"?

What is the Department of the Treasury an "off branch" of? The Constitution says Congress has the power to collect taxes - doesn't say the Department of Treasury has the power to collect taxes, does it?

An "off branch"?

What is the Department of the Treasury an "off branch" of? The Constitution says Congress has the power to collect taxes - doesn't say the Department of Treasury has the power to collect taxes, does it?

No, but congress does and congress has oversight on the treasury. Seriously, just go away you are too fucking stupid to be discussing these things.

RW, I really need you to focus for just one second. You are saying Thomas Jefferson was a liberal. Nancy Pelosi is also considered liberal.

Compare and contrast the personal views of each and report back and tell me if they are the same.

OK let's keep this simple ..

Thomas Jefferson developed liberal solutions to resolve issues in 1770s society
Nancy Pelosi uses liberal solutions to resolve issues with 2011 society

Both are fine examples of a liberal methodology attacking pressing issues of their time. For Jefferson, it was the equal rights of man. For Pelosi, it was mans need for healthcare

Keep in mind what Jefferson said...

It is only conservative who want to wear the same coat they wore as a child

I have already answered twice.....it is not my fault you do not understand the US Constitution

Now, when are you going to answer my question?

Is there any government on earth more trustworthy than the US?

Why are you afraid to answer?
Post your answer to those questions. Because I have not seen you answer it. I have seen you reply to the post the questions were in just like you are doing now, but you haven't answered the question's

One more time responding to the post with the questions is not answering the questions.

Here are the questions.
1. Did the government lie to us about Iraq?

2. Did the government lie when it said Iraq had WMD's?

3.Did you trust the government when Bush was president?

Leaving the questions unanswered will be a complete failure on your part.

Forum List

Back