Why Does The Media Think A Muslim President Would Be Okay, But A Mormon? No Way!!!

I'm just wondering why there is this fear in the media of a person of religion being president but you can't say that you don't want a Muslim in the White House?

I remember the way Mitt Romney's religion was made fun of for years. Why is the liberal media all of the sudden pushing this "We love Muslims" bullshit?

Could it be because Obama is bringing into this country close to 200,000 of them next year, or is this all just paving the way for his coming out about his true religion?

This is just another example of the double-standards in this country. We have to love our enemies and hate our friends. That seems to be the message here.

I still can't figure out why there is a problem with Mitt being a Mormon, but not Harry Reid.

Folks in the GOP had a problem with Mitt's Mormonism as well. Look no further than the evangelical voting bloc. They believe his faith is nothing more than a cult.

Yes and they stayed home during the 2012 election, which is why we have Obama Redux. What idiots.

I'm just wondering why there is this fear in the media of a person of religion being president but you can't say that you don't want a Muslim in the White House?

I remember the way Mitt Romney's religion was made fun of for years. Why is the liberal media all of the sudden pushing this "We love Muslims" bullshit?

Could it be because Obama is bringing into this country close to 200,000 of them next year, or is this all just paving the way for his coming out about his true religion?

This is just another example of the double-standards in this country. We have to love our enemies and hate our friends. That seems to be the message here.

I still can't figure out why there is a problem with Mitt being a Mormon, but not Harry Reid.

Folks in the GOP had a problem with Mitt's Mormonism as well. Look no further than the evangelical voting bloc. They believe his faith is nothing more than a cult.

Yes and they stayed home during the 2012 election, which is why we have Obama Redux. What idiots.

That certainly didn't help either. I can't recall the percent? Do you know a ball park figure? I am the gym on the bike and it is hard to type let alone research. lol

That certainly didn't help either. I can't recall the percent? Do you know a ball park figure? I am the gym on the bike and it is hard to type let alone research. lol

Not handy, but significant.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Maybe CNN is figuring that soon they will be able to save a fortunate on travel to cover stories of Islamic violence.

There is no "the media," they don't function as a "single entity," they don't "think" anything about religion, consequently the thread premise is ridiculous idiocy.
But the OP Birther is comforted in thinking that these things are all run by some "the media". He can pull it out as a safe excuse when needed.
When there is a round fruit on a desk that is red and has a stem and leaf and nineteen of the twenty people in the room call it an orange something is definitely screwed up in the system.

Many people feel that. It doesn't disqualify him from being president. Mormons aren't murdering Christians and Jews. They haven't screamed death to America lately. They haven't flown jets into any buildings lately.

There's something wrong with you then. Exercise is too important to be texting on a message board. Take a break.

Many people feel that. It doesn't disqualify him from being president. Mormons aren't murdering Christians and Jews. They haven't screamed death to America lately. They haven't flown jets into any buildings lately.

I don't care if the President has a faith or not. Can you fulfill the promises you made? Can you shrink the government? Can you keep us the fuck out wars? Can you make the government less intrusive? Can you serve all the people of the nation and not just a few friends/donors? If a candidate can do any number of the aforementioned questions than I don't care if they worship Ents or a bowl of pecans. lol.

There's something wrong with you then. Exercise is too important to be texting on a message board. Take a break.

lol. Trust me, I exercise almost every day. Monday is usually my rest day but I needed some jazz from the market by the gym so I decided to hit the stop here anyway. All my weights are done and I am almost done on the bike. Everything I do today is a bonus. lol.

There is no "the media," they don't function as a "single entity," they don't "think" anything about religion, consequently the thread premise is ridiculous idiocy.
But the OP Birther is comforted in thinking that these things are all run by some "the media". He can pull it out as a safe excuse when needed.

Yet lefties don't hesitate to condemn all Republicans, conservatives, or "right-wingers" based off of one quote or the actions of one individual.

I don't care if the President has a faith or not. Can you fulfill the promises you made? Can you shrink the government? Can you keep us the fuck out wars? Can you make the government less intrusive? Can you serve all the people of the nation and not just a few friends/donors? If a candidate can do any number of the aforementioned questions than I don't care if they worship Ents or a bowl of pecans. lol.
Problem is, Muslims cannot think that way and be good Muslims.

Muslims are diametrically opposed to Western influence of any kind, and this country represents everything they oppose about the West. Primarily, freedom of religion.

Yet lefties don't hesitate to condemn all Republicans, conservatives, or "right-wingers" based off of one quote or the actions of one individual.
All right wingers other than Muslims.

Who says that the media said 'no way' to a Mormon as president?

Geeze Joey when are you going to grow up...and put on big boy pants?

You still cling to your mistaken belief that the Ds are different from the Rs...even though decades of evidence proves you wrong.

Partisans...they're nuts.

I'm sure with your vast grasp on the truth, you can start that political movement that eclipses both parties.

Considering current global circumstances, what reasons can you name for treating Islam well? Since Islam is diametrically opposed to the US Constitution, why would a Muslim even be considered to run a nation based upon it?

Exactly what part of Islam is "diametrically opposed to the US Constitution", exactly?

I don't want to treat Islam well or badly. I want to leave it the fuck alone.

The Right Wing's Middle East policy is to stick your dick in a hornet's nest and then complain about getting stung.

Geeze Joey when are you going to grow up...and put on big boy pants?

You still cling to your mistaken belief that the Ds are different from the Rs...even though decades of evidence proves you wrong.

Partisans...they're nuts.

I'm sure with your vast grasp on the truth, you can start that political movement that eclipses both parties.
I do what I can Joey, but folks like you keep fucking things up.

I agree that Mormonism is a batshit crazy religion, but as wacky as it is, the followers don't pose a threat to anyone, are not lead to violence by their religion.
Islam on the other hand, has 1400 years of history proving that its followers are violent. Every country in the world that is under Islamic rule is either a warzone, or a totalitarian state with no freedom. But evidently progressives like to ignore the facts and pretend that Christians are "just as bad" as Muslims.

Actually, I'd argue Christians are worse, if you want to go by pure body count. Add up the two world wars and the colonizations of the world by Europeans, and you have death tolls in the hundreds of millions...

Islam couldn't touch that on a bet.

Forum List

Back