Why does Trump want to remove security clearances for ex-intel officials?

Why do ex-employees need security clearances? Seems like an appropriate measure.

Then why is Trump not talking about instituting it across the whole Fed Govt to include the military? Why is it only an appropriate measure for these few folks, two of which do not even have one any more.

How do you revoke something one does not have?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Shocked I say.

Then how about you stop talking in fucking riddles and say what you mean?

Who does not have something to revoke?

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

You know he would like to.

I'll tell you why. We are here to stop him, the true patriots of this country.

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.
He is moving to deactivate clearances from people who know longer have a need to know. This is a good thing, there are probably many people walking around with full access to classified information even though they have left the job that required it. That is a violation of the NISPOM. There should be a government audit to insure these clearances are deactivated.

Clearance =/= access.

Having a security clearance means you are allowed to see documents classified up to that level IF YOU HAVE A NEED TO KNOW.

I have posted this 10 times between the two threads, and they all ignore it and pretend like anyone can look at anything

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.

He is doing it to be a dick. Having a clearance and having access are not the same thing. I had a clearance for 6 years after I got out of the Corps, that did not mean I got to still look at classified material.

What most people do not understand is that there are two parts to getting to see classified materiel , first is the clearance and 2nd is the "need to know" as they say. Just having a TSI does not mean you get to look at any TS thing you want, you still have to have a reason for the access.

Most of us that have a clearance when we get out keep it as it is very valuable to civilian employers as they do not have to go thorough the time and expense to get you one if you need it for the job.
6 years ? A PR for a Top Secret is every 5.

I had a Secret when I got out.
Did you ever go on the game show 'I've Got a Secret?'

List the date he was convicted.
YOU LIED! BUSTED! PROVEN WRONG!

Snowflakes like you are pathetic, claiming getting away with a crime is the same as being innocent. You make that argument because when you are faced with the facts such a BS argument is all you have to fall back on. On 3 separate occasions Brennan was found to have LIED under oath (Perjury) as cited by the CIA IG!

You were proven WRONG! Swallow that pride and delusion and admit it. Refusing to do so only makes you look smaller in everyone's eyes.

The CIA IG is not a judge and jury. The DOJ did not act on those recommendations which means they disagreed with the IG. You are the snowflake. If the President's last name was Obama, you would be taking the opposite stand.

You are the one who looks small. I stand on the Constitution while you stand on what you want to believe.

Oh, my. You’ve been bitten deeply. Hope you recover.

He is doing it to be a dick. Having a clearance and having access are not the same thing. I had a clearance for 6 years after I got out of the Corps, that did not mean I got to still look at classified material.

What most people do not understand is that there are two parts to getting to see classified materiel , first is the clearance and 2nd is the "need to know" as they say. Just having a TSI does not mean you get to look at any TS thing you want, you still have to have a reason for the access.

Most of us that have a clearance when we get out keep it as it is very valuable to civilian employers as they do not have to go thorough the time and expense to get you one if you need it for the job.
6 years ? A PR for a Top Secret is every 5.

I had a Secret when I got out.
Did you ever go on the game show 'I've Got a Secret?'

Nope, I am old, but not that old

You DO know that if you act in an inappropriate manner you could have your clearance revoked instead of simply making it inactive, right?
These 6 assholes think they can hitch a ride with Hillary back to the White House in 2 years.

A appropriate manner means you mishandle classified information or something of that nature. It does not include your party registration or what you say about a President. This clearly is politoical retaliation by Trump.
so what? the whole russia russia is a political retaliation for trump winning.

Russia interfered in our elections as ell as elections in other countries. There is no retaliation.
but you can't prove it. until you do, it's a nothing burger. I won't listen to you any longer until you present some evidence. snoooozzzzzzzzze

Received your new orders from your master Putin.

I am okay with their losing their clearance, but ... I don't like the reason behind it, aka, Trump is mad because they criticized him. It feels quite wrong, like he should be immune from criticism ... don't say anything negative about this president (no matter what he does) OR ELSE!
Trump was just made aware. Not because he is mad. Seems that has been a secret among those with it, still.

I am okay with their losing their clearance, but ... I don't like the reason behind it, aka, Trump is mad because they criticized him. It feels quite wrong, like he should be immune from criticism ... don't say anything negative about this president (no matter what he does) OR ELSE!
Don't be silly. This is too convenient a conclusion to jump to. They just shouldn't have those clearances that's all.

Then why is this suddenly coming up after these very same people criticized the president for his performance in Helsinki?

Sanders even gave their "political activity" as the reason it is being looked into. Not because they left their jobs and no longer need clearance. The reason provided is that "they said something we didn't like. Time to punish them for it."
Well, political activity is a consideration in background investigations.

God forbid if you have ties to groups that work for the overthrow of the government or the president of the United States.

The Republican and Democrat Party does not fit that bill. Neither does opposing Trump.

That shtick is really old.
You DO know that if you act in an inappropriate manner you could have your clearance revoked instead of simply making it inactive, right?
These 6 assholes think they can hitch a ride with Hillary back to the White House in 2 years.

A appropriate manner means you mishandle classified information or something of that nature. It does not include your party registration or what you say about a President. This clearly is politoical retaliation by Trump.
so what? the whole russia russia is a political retaliation for trump winning.

Russia interfered in our elections as ell as elections in other countries. There is no retaliation.
but you can't prove it. until you do, it's a nothing burger. I won't listen to you any longer until you present some evidence. snoooozzzzzzzzze

Received your new orders from your master Putin.

Why do ex-employees need security clearances? Seems like an appropriate measure.

Then why is Trump not talking about instituting it across the whole Fed Govt to include the military? Why is it only an appropriate measure for these few folks, two of which do not even have one any more.

How do you revoke something one does not have?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Shocked I say.

Then how about you stop talking in fucking riddles and say what you mean?

Who does not have something to revoke?

Well, according to you, two of the few that Trump wants to revoke:

"Why is it only an appropriate measure for these few folks, two of which do not even have one any more."

The CIA IG is not a judge and jury. The DOJ did not act on those recommendations which means they disagreed with the IG.
The CIA IG is the 'checks and balances' for the CIA. Their investigations revealed that Brennan LIED UNDER OATH 3 SEPERATE TIMES. This is NOT in question. The CIA IG, as is the case with the US IG that recommended McCabe be indicted, does not have prosecutorial authority. If it did, Brennan would already be in jail today. Just like the corrupt DOJ under Rosenstein, the corrupt DOJ then refused to indict - Brennan was protected.

CLAPPER
NIA Director Clapper was caught perjuring himself, but the Democrats invited him back before Congress to 'clarify his statements' after it was revealed he committed PERJURY. You think YOU would be given the opportunity to 'amend' your LIES if YOU committed PERJURY before Congress? Hell No!

HOLDER
Obama US AG Eric Holder was caught committing Perjury before Congress in an attempt to cover-up Obama's Fast and Furious scandal. Obama protected him from prosecution....does not mean he did not commit a crime. In fact, a Bi-Partisan Congress decided NOT to allow Holder to get away with it and actually CENSURED Holder for his crimes. This made Holder the 1st Presidential Cabinet member in history to be CENSURED by Congress!

HILLARY
It has been PROVEN that Hillary broke numerous laws - that is not in realistic question. The fact that she was protected from deserved indictment is not proof she did nothing wrong:

"In one of the more stunning revelations contained in the report compiled by the Justice Department’s watchdog, former FBI Director James Comey claimed he doesn’t remember the moment he decided – and put down in writing -- that Hillary Clinton had committed crimes.

We know that on or about May 2, 2016, Comey composed a statement summarizing Clinton’s mishandling of classified documents, concluding that she was “grossly negligent.” Those pivotal words have a distinct legal meaning, and are drawn directly from a federal statute, 18 U.S.C. 793(f), which makes it a felony to handle classified documents in a “grossly negligent” manner.

Comey used the exact phrase not once, but twice.

Based on Comey’s finding, Clinton should have faced a multiple-count criminal indictment, since the FBI discovered that she had stored 110 classified emails on her unauthorized, private computer server. Other people had been prosecuted for similar conduct that jeopardized national security in violation of the law. Yet, Comey – despite characterizing Clinton’s actions with the clear language denoting violation of the law - saw to it that no charges were ever brought against Clinton."

-- Gregg Jarrett: Comey and Strzok -- Two key players in the scheme to clear Clinton and frame Trump

YOU SPIN. YOU LIE!

Pointing out that the Obama administration criminals were protected from prosecution is not evidence they committed no crimes, AS PROVEN.

the people in question are no longer government employees. they no longer are entitled to, or need, security clearances. Its not political, its logical.

when I was working I had TS and SAP clearances, when I retired they were cancelled because I no longer had any need to see classified data. Same applies to the ex-Obama employees in the OP.

It is political. The people that Trump named are political opponents. Trump had no problem with Flynn retaining his clearance even after he was fired.

Clearances are not cancelled. Your ability to access information is cancelled.

You know he retained it how?

the people in question are no longer government employees. they no longer are entitled to, or need, security clearances. Its not political, its logical.

when I was working I had TS and SAP clearances, when I retired they were cancelled because I no longer had any need to see classified data. Same applies to the ex-Obama employees in the OP.

It is political. The people that Trump named are political opponents. Trump had no problem with Flynn retaining his clearance even after he was fired.

Leaking national security plans hardly seems grounds for continuing the clearances. Although since The Democrat Party IS America's most dedicated foe then, to their adherents, yeah.....it does make a certain ration of sense.

Michael Flynn's security clearance suspended by Defense Intelligence Agency

I think the POTUS should not single out people just because they said mean things about him.

He didn't single out people who said mean things about him. He is targeting proven Perjurers, Obstructers of Justice, Obama anti-Trump witch hunt co-conspirators, and traitors.

Of course you already know that....

Everyone he mentioned are people who he has had political differences. He did not mention Flynn who supposedly lied to Pence.

when I was working I have TS and SAP clearances, when I retired they were cancelled because I no longer had any need to see classified data. Same applies to the ex-Obama employees in the OP.

Then why are they only going after those 5 people? Why is Trump not calling for stripping every member of the military of their clearance the day they sign their discharge/retirement papers?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

They are using their information for personal gain and political advantage. DUH!

They are not. DUH!

Forum List

Back