Why does Trump want to remove security clearances for ex-intel officials?

I’ve yet to see any disdain from you over the Chinese meddling.
Did you have a fit when Bill Clinton benefited?
Clinton Donor Riady Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy Charge
January 12, 2001|ROBERT L. JACKSON | TIMES STAFF WRITER

WASHINGTON — James T. Riady, a longtime Indonesian friend of President Clinton who heads the worldwide Lippo banking group, pleaded guilty Thursday to conspiracy related to illegal campaign contributions in the 1996 Democratic fund-raising scandal and during the previous eight years.

Riady's felony plea agreement, combined with LippoBank California's plea to 86 misdemeanor charges, caps one of the longest-running investigations of the Justice Department's campaign finance task force.

Under terms of the agreement, filed in federal court in Los Angeles and made public at Justice Department headquarters here, Riady will be sentenced to two years' probation and will be prevented from entering the United States during that time--unless he is asked to testify before U.S. agencies. He also will be required to perform 400 hours of community service.

LippoBank California, one of the largest entities of the Lippo Group, which is owned by the Indonesia-based Riady family, will pay a fine of $8.6 million. That is the largest fine ever assessed in a campaign finance case, and Riady agreed to personally ensure the fine is paid.

pixel.gif

Riady, 44, and his banking group acknowledged in court papers that they made millions of dollars in illegal campaign donations to Democratic presidential and congressional candidates dating to 1988, including hundreds of thousands of dollars to Clinton's first campaign for the White House in 1992. There was no indication that any candidates knew the contributions were tainted foreign funds.

Former Democratic fund-raiser John Huang, a Glendale resident and onetime official of Lippo California, pleaded guilty in the scandal two years ago and cooperated in the case against Riady, who he said directed all political giving.

The plea agreement said that Riady, Huang and others "knowingly and willfully conspired and agreed to defraud the United States by impairing, obstructing and defeating the lawful functions and duties of the FEC [Federal Election Commission] through deceitful and dishonest means."

Earl J. Silbert and Abbe Lowell, Riady's Washington lawyers, released a statement that sought to minimize the plea bargain. They said that Riady's felony plea was to "one charge of allowing inaccurate information to be provided to the Federal Election Commission." And they add: "The charge relates to reimbursements of various political campaign contributions that were made or arranged by . . . John Huang."

The lawyers added that "after a painstaking investigation that lasted three years and covered a wide range of allegations such as espionage and public corruption, the Department of Justice is filing no charges of any sort based on these serious allegations. Instead its allegation pertains solely to reimbursements for campaign contributions."

Silbert and Lowell said that "Mr. Riady's decision to enter into this plea agreement is totally voluntary and was made even though, as an Indonesian citizen, he is not subject to U.S. jurisdiction and even though there is no extradition treaty between the U.S. and Indonesia. . . . He is eager to put these issues behind him."

Mochtar Riady, the family patriarch, and his son James have known Clinton for more than 20 years, since they were investors in a Little Rock, Ark., bank and Clinton was governor. During Clinton's first term as president, James Riady visited the White House at least 20 times.

The Riadys helped place Huang at the Commerce Department in 1994 and then at the Democratic National Committee. As a DNC official, Huang helped raise $3.4 million from the Asian American community, more than half of which ultimately was returned because DNC officials could not verify that it came from legal, domestic donors.

Clinton Donor Riady Pleads Guilty to Conspiracy Charge
Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
Russia's meddling in other nations' elections is nothing new. Just ask the Europeans

That shtick is really old.
so what? the whole russia russia is a political retaliation for trump winning.

Russia interfered in our elections as ell as elections in other countries. There is no retaliation.
but you can't prove it. until you do, it's a nothing burger. I won't listen to you any longer until you present some evidence. snoooozzzzzzzzze

Received your new orders from your master Putin.

That is the only explanation for someone not to be concerned about Russians interfering in our elections.

Let me know as soon as one of them is convicted of a crime.

Till then it is just a lot of hot air

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That was pretty weak.

Not at all. I heard 2000 times from you Trump zealots that no conviction equaled no crime, at least it did in the case of Trump.

But I guess that is because he is the savior.

YOu didn't hear it from me. And plenty of crimes are committed that are never charged. Especially when someone has Deep State agents giving them free passes on crimes.

That is a convenient excuse. There is no Deep State.

The pass the FBI gave Hillary says otherwise.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

You are the fraud. You are lying through your teeth. None of this happened
Let me tell you something busybee....just because you don't know about it means nothing...its exactly what happened...we even have evidence of Obama spying on reporters through the FISA court....turn off CNN and expand your mind.....all of you libs are frauds and hypocrites.....each and everyone of you....

You have accusations and nothing more. No one has been convicted of anything in court even with a Republican DOJ. You are the fraud and hypocrite.

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

You know he would like to.

I'll tell you why. We are here to stop him, the true patriots of this country.

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.
Why do former Government employees need a security clearance ?
Then...remove them all...not just target those trump doesn't like.

That was pretty weak.

Not at all. I heard 2000 times from you Trump zealots that no conviction equaled no crime, at least it did in the case of Trump.

YOu didn't hear it from me. And plenty of crimes are committed that are never charged. Especially when someone has Deep State agents giving them free passes on crimes.

She committed a crime, in negligently handling classified materials. Those words were edited out of the final report by a partisan liberal FBI agent, and no one questioned what happened to those words, and why the woman was not being arrested.

The IG report did not contest that decision so one assumes it was not a outrageous decision to make. No charges have been filed against Comey by the DOJ. No evidence has ever stopped Trump supporters.
Once again you choose to ignore the recorded FACTS:

"Based on Comey’s finding, Clinton should have faced a multiple-count criminal indictment, since the FBI discovered that she had stored 110 classified emails on her unauthorized, private computer server.

Other people had been prosecuted for similar conduct that jeopardized national security in violation of the law.

Yet, Comey – despite characterizing Clinton’s actions with the clear language denoting violation of the law - saw to it that no charges were ever brought against Clinton."
remember the dude in the sub who took a picture? hly fk. in jail. Clinton's hundred times worse.

HE had no need for that information. He was convicted. Clinton has not been convicted of anything.

He had no malicious intent. That was the excuse for giving HIllary a pass.

He was a working class joe. He did time.

HIllary got a pass. From the Deep State.

He was tried on something entirely different. The two are not comparable.

You DO know that if you act in an inappropriate manner you could have your clearance revoked instead of simply making it inactive, right?
These 6 assholes think they can hitch a ride with Hillary back to the White House in 2 years.

A appropriate manner means you mishandle classified information or something of that nature. It does not include your party registration or what you say about a President. This clearly is politoical retaliation by Trump.
so what? the whole russia russia is a political retaliation for trump winning.

Russia interfered in our elections as ell as elections in other countries. There is no retaliation.
What I find funny is that we have interfered with other countries elections as an ongoing project.

When polled Americans have the Russian debacle ranked 27th of importance to them, despite what the media
has been smearing in papers and on the internet.....<1% think it's important.
And, to read about the Russian collusion on this board you would think it was Armageddon.

Just something to chew on for awhile. carry on

A majority also believe the investigation should go on and Mueller should take all the time he needs to do a proper investigation.
I could really care less on that....let it go on. I don't think it plays well for the dems the longer it goes on. Perception is that it's political games.

She committed a crime, in negligently handling classified materials. Those words were edited out of the final report by a partisan liberal FBI agent, and no one questioned what happened to those words, and why the woman was not being arrested.

Comey did not agree and the IG had no issue with that decision.

The IG report did not contest that decision so one assumes it was not a outrageous decision to make. No charges have been filed against Comey by the DOJ. No evidence has ever stopped Trump supporters.

"Based on Comey’s finding, Clinton should have faced a multiple-count criminal indictment, since the FBI discovered that she had stored 110 classified emails on her unauthorized, private computer server.

Other people had been prosecuted for similar conduct that jeopardized national security in violation of the law.

Yet, Comey – despite characterizing Clinton’s actions with the clear language denoting violation of the law - saw to it that no charges were ever brought against Clinton."
remember the dude in the sub who took a picture? hly fk. in jail. Clinton's hundred times worse.

HE had no need for that information. He was convicted. Clinton has not been convicted of anything.
What are you talking about? He took a selfie where a screen was on behind him. He sent the selfie to his young son.
Yeah, that more than rises to the trivial crap Hillary did.:rolleyes-41:

He had no malicious intent. That was the excuse for giving HIllary a pass.

He was a working class joe. He did time.

HIllary got a pass. From the Deep State.

He was tried on something entirely different. The two are not comparable.

He was arrested and served time for taking a picture to show how he did his service to his nation. He was that proud of it.

She was just such an entitled bitch that she though she was above the law. And she was right.

What if I told you that Comey was the one who used, "grossly negligent", and Strzok was the one who changed it to "extremely careless"?

And what was Comey's excuse?

Comey DID agree. He said she was criminally negligent. Strzok changed his words.

Last edited:
The fact is that Trump is guilty of unethical behavior and bad policy. In one instance his campaign did attempt to collude.
The FACT is Democrats and snowflakes like you continue to declare Trump to be guilty of any number of things while having ZERO evidence going on 3 years now to support your claims.

Meanwhile a plethora of evidence of crimes committed by Democrats - the 'witch hunters' - exists and is being ignored by snowflakes like you.

They should be treated like anyone else is treated. Anyone who gets a clearance gets it until it either lapses or they mishandle classified information. Good Americans should be concerned when any President abuses their authority. Democrats could win in 2020 and do the same thing to Republicans., That would be a bitch.

Agreed - EVERYONE should be held accountable the same.

There is ZERO evidence of criminal activity by President Trump after more that 2 years; yet, there is more than enough evidence of crimes committed by Obama Cabinet members and Agency Directors to send them away for years - as would any average American caught doing the same thing!

You continue on villainizing the President, though, without evidence, while ignoring the crimes of Liberals.

The fact is that Trump is guilty of unethical behavior and bad policy. In one instance his campaign did attempt to collude.

Guilty of unethical behavior and bad policy? Boy, howdy, sure hope Obama doesn't see your post.

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

You know he would like to.

I'll tell you why. We are here to stop him, the true patriots of this country.

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.
Why do former Government employees need a security clearance ?
Then...remove them all...not just target those trump doesn't like.
Don't have an issue with that.

We don't suppose to give security clearances to people with mental illness, do we? Everybody on that list suffers from Trump Derangement Syndrome, a serious mental illness.

Some of them, like Susan Rice, are also pathological liars.
What's funny is this, these leftist fks in here behaving the way they are at this news, is proof positive there is a deep state, why else would they fking care?
Honestly, they are saying they want deep state interference. Traitors all of them! There’s no way out of that scenario. Absolutely no ethics. Or integrity

What planet are you on or did you pop in from some parallel universe full of libtards?

If they didn't lie, why is Carter Page still walking the streets? He was investigated forwards, backwards, upside down and sideways using these illegal FISA warrants and he is clean as a whistle!

That is not the question. You can open a investigation and not bring any charges. They were not illegal warrants.
well sort of you do when you ask for extensions. let's see why they asked for extensions? Don't you think we need to know? he's still walking around. we could all be in danger of him. oh no!!!!

Each succeeding request was longer that the previous. Clearly the\y had more information.
again, why isn't he in jail then?

maybe the same reason Hillary is not in jail?
Really, did he have a server with classified material off government property, bleach bit phones computers under subpoena? Hmm I thought he was an agent of Russia. I guess that’s not a crime, what a waste of money! Dems

Forum List

Back