Why does Trump want to remove security clearances for ex-intel officials?

Then why are they only going after those 5 people? Why is Trump not calling for stripping every member of the military of their clearance the day they sign their discharge/retirement papers?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

They are using their information for personal gain and political advantage. DUH!

They no longer have access to any classified information. Just having a clearance does not give you access.

Yes, it does. they can receive and retain classified data. An FBI employee with a clearance can send classified data to Comey and both would be in compliance with the law. Removing that option would cut down on the corruption.

Bull shit. Along with a clearance comes a need to know. Hell as a Classified Control Point Custodian I was tasked with securing information I did not have the access to read as I had no use for the info.

Do you think the FBI is sending stuff to him on his hotmail account?

nope, you are wrong. there is no "need to know" provision when both have the proper clearances to see and hold the data. A violation occurs when classified data is transferred to someone who does not hold the proper clearance, as when Hillary allowed classified data to be sent to Huma and Weiner.

do you agree that Hillary Clinton violated national espionage laws? I know that if I did what she did I would be typing this from a federal prison

You clearly never had a clearance with the Govt. There has always been a need to know requirement to have access.

Do you really think anyone with a clearance can look at whatever they want to?

So you guys don't like a member of the D33P STAIT who has a security clearance making baseless accusations of criminal activity against someone, eh?

Suuuuuuuurrrre...

those were not baseless accusations. Comey confirmed all of them under oath.

They are using their information for personal gain and political advantage. DUH!

They no longer have access to any classified information. Just having a clearance does not give you access.

Yes, it does. they can receive and retain classified data. An FBI employee with a clearance can send classified data to Comey and both would be in compliance with the law. Removing that option would cut down on the corruption.

Bull shit. Along with a clearance comes a need to know. Hell as a Classified Control Point Custodian I was tasked with securing information I did not have the access to read as I had no use for the info.

nope, you are wrong. there is no "need to know" provision when both have the proper clearances to see and hold the data. A violation occurs when classified data is transferred to someone who does not hold the proper clearance, as when Hillary allowed classified data to be sent to Huma and Weiner.

do you agree that Hillary Clinton violated national espionage laws? I know that if I did what she did I would be typing this from a federal prison

You clearly never had a clearance with the Govt. There has always been a need to know requirement to have access.

I held TS and SAP clearances for many years under DOD. "need to know" is in the mind of the transmitter of the data and he or she is responsible for that determination and liable if it is proven wrong. do you think that Strzok believed that Comey, Page, and McCabe had need to know?

I held TS and SAP clearances for many years under DOD. "need to know" is in the mind of the transmitter of the data and he or she is responsible for that determination and liable if it is proven wrong. do you think that Strzok believed that Comey, Page, and McCabe had need to know?

So, they are sending him classified stuff on his hotmail account?

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

You know he would like to.

I'll tell you why. We are here to stop him, the true patriots of this country.

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.
Dude, WTF are you whining about? Why do these folks need SC?

I am okay with their losing their clearance, but ... I don't like the reason behind it, aka, Trump is mad because they criticized him. It feels quite wrong, like he should be immune from criticism ... don't say anything negative about this president (no matter what he does) OR ELSE!
So what? Why do they need it?

Why doesn't he just imprison them or assassinate them like Putin or Erdogan or other autocrats would do?

The country continues on its path to autocracy and dictatorship. When the right red-line is crossed, we will defend our country against this traitor.

He is doing it to be a dick. Having a clearance and having access are not the same thing. I had a clearance for 6 years after I got out of the Corps, that did not mean I got to still look at classified material.

What most people do not understand is that there are two parts to getting to see classified materiel , first is the clearance and 2nd is the "need to know" as they say. Just having a TSI does not mean you get to look at any TS thing you want, you still have to have a reason for the access.

Most of us that have a clearance when we get out keep it as it is very valuable to civilian employers as they do not have to go thorough the time and expense to get you one if you need it for the job.
Why do they need it? He’s taking it because they’re using it! Sarah said so! They are on tv giving classified information! Derp

Why do ex-intel officials need security clearances? Do they think they deserve them? They should automatically be stripped of clearances when they leave the job (or when they get fired).

Beat me to it; yes, that should be obvious, but apparently isn't for some reason I wouldn't know, unless it's related to the possibility of being hired by a security firm contracting with the gov/military.

Or if they go to work for a news organization and then become a unnamed source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we get a quick show of hands please? How many people here honestly do not know why people don't instantly lose security clearances? How many people are asking for explanations because they actually want to learn something? How many people don't give a shit that there are very good reasons ***********************************?
Name the good reason

He is doing it to be a dick. Having a clearance and having access are not the same thing. I had a clearance for 6 years after I got out of the Corps, that did not mean I got to still look at classified material.

What most people do not understand is that there are two parts to getting to see classified materiel , first is the clearance and 2nd is the "need to know" as they say. Just having a TSI does not mean you get to look at any TS thing you want, you still have to have a reason for the access.

Most of us that have a clearance when we get out keep it as it is very valuable to civilian employers as they do not have to go thorough the time and expense to get you one if you need it for the job.
Why do they need it? He’s taking it because they’re using it! Sarah said so! They are on tv giving classified information! Derp

Sarah said so? And in your little sheep like mind that means it is 110% true

Why are you just fighting to take it from these 5 guys, why not all people leaving the military

I am not going to lie,I stopped watching when the train turned into Trump. I spit Diet Coke all over my phone laughing my ass off.

You are such a faithful sheep.

More bullshit and personal attacks in response to facts, reports, and links. That's all you do - spew emotion, opinion, insults, and personal attacks. You're done. No more credibility - a complete waste of time.

the people in question are no longer government employees. they no longer are entitled to, or need, security clearances. Its not political, its logical.

when I was working I had TS and SAP clearances, when I retired they were cancelled because I no longer had any need to see classified data. Same applies to the ex-Obama employees in the OP.
Course if you went to work as a civilian getting your clearance reinstated without an investigation is just a matter of paperwork, if you weren't gone more than a set number of years. I think it's 8 years. I could be wrong. I had a TS SCI, and never tried it, but a guy that works in my shop had a secret and just filled out the paperwork and got it extended 10 years as active.

Forum List

Back