Zone1 Why Doesn't God Just Show Himself?

Right, I can make up infinite possi ilities that cannot be ruled out.

Which brings into stark relief how special and unique anyone's magical fetishes are not.
No, the stark contrast is provided in how you conclude all possibilities are equally unlikely. You have the intellectual capacity of a gnat.

Interesting video some will understand and some will mock. "Those who have ears to hear, will hear"

The answer, of course, is as follows:

God DID show Himself, multiple times. Each time, how long did it take for man to not only doubt He did, but to insist He never did? A few generations at best. Let's look at what would happen if God were to, say, show up at the halftime in the Superbowl.

1. A lot of viewers, and even those in attendance, would immediately marvel at the "special effects", not believing that it was really happening. I mean, we had idiots claiming the planes hitting the WTC were just holographic projections.
2. The talking heads on TV would spend hours trying to convince people that it didn't really happen, that it was an atmospheric phenomenon, mass psychosis, etc. Video evidence would mysteriously be "lost".
3. Within a few days, random internet keyboard jockeys would be playing heavily edited video clips purporting to show how it was faked, etc.
4. Within a few years, the conventional wisdom would be that something might have happened, but we don't know what it was so we're going to ignore it. Those who believed it would be mocked and marginalized.

For examples of what I'm talking about, look at two recent events, the Holocaust and the moon landing. They are among the best documented events of the modern era, extensively researched, with millions of witnesses who spoke out about what happened, and in the case of the moon landing, thousands who worked on the project. We have museums dedicated to preserving the history of what happened. Yet, what do we see? Increasing numbers of those eager to downplay and ultimately claim they didn't happen. In another hundred years or so there will be official debates about whether the Holocaust actually happened, and many will be claiming the Jews should just forget about it because they're using fairy tales to justify their vigilance to avoid a repeat.

The unlikeliness of the coincidence was due to your not being a very good person.

Who are you to decide if I am a good person or not whatever that means?

Or are only religious people "good"?

Who are you to decide if I am a good person or not whatever that means?

Or are only religious people "good"?
Again... observations. If I went around attacking the beliefs of others to build up my own beliefs I wouldn't be a good person either.

Personally I think you should own your behaviors and not care that it makes you look like a bad person. That would be much more honest than the BS you are trying to sell.

Again... observations. If I went around attacking the beliefs of others to build up my own beliefs I wouldn't be a good person either.

Personally I think you should own your behaviors and not care that it makes you look like a bad person. That would be much more honest than the BS you are trying to sell.
Criticizing is not attacking.
Truthful criticism is not subordination

These things do not make a person "good" or "bad' whatever that means.

There is not a single institution in the world that will ever be above examination and criticism

It's too bad you seem to abhor the concept of freedom of thought and expression and that you are so thin skinned you argue from emotion but then again the bible says a very thought can be a sin so you better stop thinking

Criticizing is not attacking.
Truthful criticism is not subordination

These things do not make a person "good" or "bad' whatever that means.

There is not a single institution in the world that will ever be above examination and criticism

It's too bad you seem to abhor the concept of freedom of thought and expression and that you are so thin skinned you argue from emotion but then again the bible says a very thought can be a sin so you better stop thinking
Saying that Christianity is a blight on humanity and is detrimental to humanity is literally attacking Christianity. That's not criticism. That's an attack. And it is unfounded one at that.

Saying that Christianity is a blight on humanity and is detrimental to humanity is literally attacking Christianity. That's not criticism. That's an attack. And it is unfounded one at that.
So is it your position that no person's faith can be criticized? yes or no?

Why would I need to criticize anyone's faith? Or criticize anything about them? Who am I to do that? Who are you to do that?
So no person's faith can be criticized ever.

OK what if a person had faith based in religion that required the blinding of every 3 child because their scripture said something like

and OBBA GOBBA stated that every third person should walk in darkness

or some such thing.

You would tell me that faith CANNOT be criticized?

So no person's faith can be criticized ever.

OK what if a person had faith based in religion that required the blinding of every 3 child because their scripture said something like

and OBBA GOBBA stated that every third person should walk in darkness

or some such thing.

You would tell me that faith CANNOT be criticized?
That's not what you are doing. You are arguing Christianity should go away. You are no different than Hobelim or breezewood.

That's not what you are doing. You are arguing Christianity should go away. You are no different than Hobelim or breezewood.
Answer the question

Would you criticize the people of the OBBA GOBBA religion for blinding every 3rd child

yes or no?

Answer the question

Would you criticize the people of the OBBA GOBBA religion for blinding every 3rd child

yes or no?
No. I would end it. So if that's how you see religion then you shouldn't be ashamed of saying you would end it too.

Pot Kettle, Donkey
I see the whole picture, so I'm not biased. You only see the part that confirms your bias so you are are biased. And even the part you see was never investigated by you anymore than what was needed to confirm your bias.

Forum List

Back