Why doesn't God make himself obvious to us all?

God is the king of hide and seek. But with a twist, the dumber you are, the easier is it to find him.

Maybe there is no reason for god to reveal himself to us. Maybe there are just natural laws in place and when you figure that our mortal bodies have to die one day anyway, why is it God's job to make our lives perfect. If Eternity really is forever and this life is just a drop of water in the ocean of time, could it be that the lessons learned, and character built in this life are more important? and maybe some how important going into the next life. If God really did create the universe, isnt asking why god doesnt do this or that to prove himself to us, somwhat like a 2 year old sobbing over the fact that his mommy and daddy wont let him eat icecream every meal? In the limited mind of a two year old it may be very logical to assume there is no good reason he cant eat ice cream for every meal
So god doing nothing proves himself to you. :cuckoo:

I never said God does nothing. I'm just saying maybe God isn't obligated to do so. Now some people don't believe, some people are uncertain and maybe spend a lot of their life having a feeling there may be a god and others seem very certain God has proven himself to them, by their life experiences. I really couldn't judge any of those people and call them stupid. Don't be so arrogant as to believe everyone should perceive things in the same way but the fact hat you have made your mind up is wonderful.
Actually, I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way. So no, my mind isn't made up. But it doesn't mean that I can't spot a fool when I see one.

Inferring from what was created? The argument is already corrupted by the assumption of creation.
Inferring and assuming are, indeed, very alike.
Except that space and time were created. Space and time has not existed forever. If that were true then the universe would be at thermal equilibrium which it is not. So there is no assumption.

Cosmic background radiation, red shift and Friedman's solutions to Einstein's GToR field equations tell us that all matter and energy once occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of an atom. That right there should make you stop and ponder the implications all by itself. No one disputes this. Every cosmological model honors the starting condition. The universe literally came into existence ~14 billion years ago and then began to expand and cool.

So, no. There is no assumption here at all. You are intellectually dead if you ignore this starting point in your considerations.

People Would Have Been Terrified of Offending Him, So the Characters in the Bible Must Be Imaginary People

No, the fact that the Hebrews didn't believe in Him after all that proves that all that never happened at all. The same with Jesus's miracles.
No. It proves a cycle of remembering and forgetting God exists. It is called the saeculum cycle. It is a self compensating feature in nature.

The Plute Parisites Manipulate You Into Insulting Intelligence

Without smart people, the rest of mankind would be living like wild animals.

You are stating a path not taken as fact. When needs arise nature fills it. Nature abhors a vacuum.

Speaking in Tongues—Forked Tongues

How dishonest can you get? You take something that proves Jesus never performed miracles and say it proves he did. Save that irrationalism for your retarded choir.

There are over 24,000 written manuscripts which say he did. The number, accuracy and timing from the event are unparalleled in antiquity.

TMI

We could have a pre-mortal existence without needing a god to be there. Intelligence is not a material thing, so it probably came from somewhere outside the world of matter.

God is intelligence. God is also truth. God is also existence. You stating that intelligence came from somewhere outside the world of matter is the first correct thing I have seen you write.

There's a Sucker Born Every Minute

Pathetic and confused losers who seek something that makes them feel supernaturally superior to anyone who is not in their cult.

Your behavior does not seem any different to me. I on the other hand do not see anything special about any of us.

Victims of a Racket Are Making a Racket

We know you think you are supernaturally superior to all of us, but there's no way you can make your superiority obvious.

No. You think "we" think that so that you can feel superior to us. The reality is that none of us are special. We are all creatures.

A “god” only exists in ones mind. I have yet to experience any being tacitly guiding my life other than me.

That's only because you don't understand how God works through a law of self compensation. He's not pulling strings. He pretty much put this on autopilot. But the laws of nature are sublime in how they prune us. Those that understand this find peace through the storm.

There Never Was Nothingness

You're begging the question by assuming that there was a beginning.

There absolutely was a beginning. Cosmic background radiation, red shift and Friedman's solutions to Einstein's GToR field equations tell us that all matter and energy once occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of an atom. That right there should make you stop and ponder the implications all by itself. No one disputes this. Every cosmological model honors the starting condition. The universe literally came into existence ~14 billion years ago and then began to expand and cool.

Superstitionists Beg the Question by Assuming Animated Agents

It's not a "who" (actually "whom" but I don't expect theists to believe in grammar) that I trust. It's the laws of physics that hold the bridge up. Therefore, the Creator, if necessary, would more likely be a physical force like gravity rather than a personal one. So you cheat from the very beginning.

Your Hymie sounds like a preacher trying to sell a bad idea so he can make a tax-exempt living.

The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and unchanging. For any given thing there is a final state of fact. Once discovered it is known that it was always that way and will always be that way (i.e. eternal and unchanging). This I know to be God. This also happens to be the definition of objective truth. Objective truth is reality. Reality is existence. Ergo, God is objective truth, God is reality, God is existence. George Wald explains, “In my life as scientist I have come upon two major problems which, though rooted in science, though they would occur in this form only to a scientist, project beyond science, and are I think ultimately insoluble as science. That is hardly to be wondered at, since one involves consciousness and the other, cosmology. The consciousness problem was hardly avoidable by one who has spent most of his life studying mechanisms of vision. We have learned a lot, we hope to learn much more; but none of it touches or even points, however tentatively, in the direction of what it means to see. Our observations in human eyes and nervous systems and in those of frogs are basically much alike. I know that I see; but does a frog see? It reacts to light; so do cameras, garage doors, any number of photoelectric devices. But does it see? Is it aware that it is reacting? There is nothing I can do as a scientist to answer that question, no way that I can identify either the presence or absence of consciousness. I believe consciousness to be a permanent condition that involves all sensation and perception. Consciousness seems to me to be wholly impervious to science.
The second problem involves the special properties of our universe. Life seems increasingly to be part of the order of nature. We have good reason to believe that we find ourselves in a universe permeated with life, in which life arises inevitably, given enough time, wherever the conditions exist that make it possible. Yet were any one of a number of the physical properties of our universe otherwise - some of them basic, others seemingly trivial, almost accidental - that life, which seems now to be so prevalent, would become impossible, here or anywhere. It takes no great imagination to conceive of other possible universes, each stable and workable in itself, yet lifeless. How is it that, with so many other apparent options, we are in a universe that possesses just that peculiar nexus of properties that breeds life? It has occurred to me lately - I must confess with some shock at first to my scientific sensibilities - that both questions might be brought into some degree of congruence. This is with the assumption that Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality - that the stuff of which physical reality is composed is mind-stuff. It is Mind that has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create.”

Petitio Principii

God wouldn't let us believe in Him if He didn't exist.

This is silly.

The Bullies' Pulpit

Theists, lawyers, politicians, and every other pushy ilk know all the tricks of double talk.

I sort of thought that was what you were doing, "Sage."

“Why doesn't God make himself obvious to us all?”

What’s obvious is that there is no ‘god’ as perceived by theists.

There is a ‘god’ as created by man – an idea, a philosophy, a contrived and practiced belief system; and in the context of man creating ‘god’ there is real power and authority to affect the human condition, sometimes for good, most often for bad.

But there is no omnipotent extraterrestrial deity that hears prayers, intercedes on the behalf of mortals, and issues edicts of religious dogma all must obey lest transgressors are consigned to eternal damnation – that ‘god’ in fact does not exist.

There is a ‘god’ as created by man – an idea, a philosophy, a contrived and practiced belief system; and in the context of man creating ‘god’ there is real power and authority to affect the human condition, sometimes for good, most often for bad.

But there is no omnipotent extraterrestrial deity that hears prayers, intercedes on the behalf of mortals, and issues edicts of religious dogma all must obey lest transgressors are consigned to eternal damnation – that ‘god’ in fact does not exist.
He makes himself obvious to us all the time. You just don't understand how.

the political manifestation is alive and well and remains as a plague upon the wellbeing of humanity.

But there is no omnipotent extraterrestrial deity that hears prayers ... that ‘god’ in fact does not exist.

your redundancy is unwarranted - the forgeries of antiquity and obsessions by those zealots over history have not yet culminated in a world of their making sparing perhaps the middle east that would in fact lead to their own prophecy of a second "flood" as Noah's that would bear witness to the Almighty's existence and their deserved second and final annihilation. were they ever to succeed.

that is not a reason to abandon the truth of Antiquity and fulfill the true quest sought by that time for the Triumph of Good vs Evil to culminate in the desired outcome for the obviousness of its objective to be witnessed by all who remain.

Forum List

Back