Why dont we solve the problem, instead of executing people ?

I think we should give every rapist or muderer a sex change and force them to spend their life as the opposite gender.

They should have a neck ring around their neck with 10,000 volts around their necks. If they fuck up they get shocked at first with 5 seconds, next they get it for 20 second and so on.

Take note of the word "most." Most criminals do come from lower income brackets.
Naturally most convicted people come from the lower socio-economic working class since the wealthy represent only 1% of the population.

Where did you ever get that information from? The wealthy in the US represent a hell of a lot more than 1% of our population.
Just prior to President Obama's 2014 State of the Union Address, media reported that the top wealthiest 1% possess 40% of the nation’s wealth; the bottom 80% own 7%; similarly, but later, the media reported, the "richest 1 percent in the United States now own more additional income than the bottom 90 percent". (Kristof, Nicholas (July 22, 2014). "An Idiot’s Guide to Inequality". The New York Times.)

I have no idea what that has to do with the price of rice in China. The top 1% are not the only wealthy people in this country.

Wealthy in the US is described as having cash and assets of 1 million dollars or more. Today, many people have that kind of loot.
I believe you have no concept of wealth in America and the disparity between the 1% and the rest of the people, between Donald Trump and his Wall Street cabinet and ordinary citizens such as miners.

Again........what does that have to do with your false comment that only 1% of our country are the wealthy?

How much the 1% has or doesn't have is none of my business and doesn't affect my life the least. If our government took half of the wealth from everybody in the top 1%, how would that help me?

View attachment 135176

The fact of the matter is, is that most people on death row, belong in a place shown in the photo...
Starting at around age 15 to 18, for the rest of their lives.... or for a long time.
Based on their mental functioning, their intelligence scores, and their education and their personal background.

Why don't we do that, instead of executing people ?
Executing murderers serves not only justice, but is also solves the problems that comes with very dangerous people.

No one who has been executed has consequently harmed anyone else. That's a fact.

.Why don't we do that, instead of executing people ?

Do you send a rabid dog to a special kennel?... No. You put it down, because thst is whst is in Society's best interest.

The beds in those facilities are few, and extremely expensive. Who would pay for them? Before you comment on the cost of prison before execution, I'll tell you straight away thst I favor a highly expedited execution system where no death row prisoner could be there for more thsn six months.

You are misinformed.

You, continue to be uninformed. I have asked you for proof on executed innocent people in the last 50 years and you ignore the question meaning you have no clue.

Here is my proof that your beloved European countries have more violent crime than does the USA.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack
UPDATED:18:14 EST, 2 July 2009

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

84c77444-9f81-4a40-b4de-986eb206f652_zpsm4p8cbp2.jpg

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online
Britain is leaving the European Union.

View attachment 135176

The fact of the matter is, is that most people on death row, belong in a place shown in the photo...
Starting at around age 15 to 18, for the rest of their lives.... or for a long time.
Based on their mental functioning, their intelligence scores, and their education and their personal background.

If you are a female you need to date Ted Bundy if not then you need to date Steven Berkowitz. Any other foolish questions?

Do you send a rabid dog to a special kennel?... No. You put it down, because thst is whst is in Society's best interest.

The beds in those facilities are few, and extremely expensive. Who would pay for them? Before you comment on the cost of prison before execution, I'll tell you straight away thst I favor a highly expedited execution system where no death row prisoner could be there for more thsn six months.
China has the death penalty and they are not afraid to use it. Official misconduct is the death penalty.

View attachment 135176

Prisoners are in prison and some are facing the death penalty because they had a chance at a better life and they blew it.

The point you are trying to make is more fitting for children who are being aborted.

At last the CONVICTED felon on death row got a trial and a chance to defend themself.

Somebody with an IQ of 75 or 80 or 85, which is most people on death row, doesn't have a chance at life, just a chance of existence.
You should do a in depth research you will find the data is off, and many of them fail the iq test as a defense.

China has the death penalty and they are not afraid to use it. Official misconduct is the death penalty.

That's nice, but I'm more interested in using it for Moral crimes and all Felonies here in the United States.

View attachment 135176

Executing murderers serves not only justice, but is also solves the problems that comes with very dangerous people.

No one who has been executed has consequently harmed anyone else. That's a fact.
Executing people creates the problem of dragging down citizens who disapprove of state murder to the level of their brutal politicians who prefer violent dogma to higher standards.
You never answered my question! What would you do with the murderer who commits murder again in your facility? There have been several escapes in US lately, what would you do with inmates of your facility that escape and murder a family?
Some criminals will never be safe to be at large and need to be under lock and key indefinitely.
I am led to believe that in some states in America the penitentiaries are run according to the capitalist system and are outsourced to profit-making businesses. I would not be surprised to learn that they are inefficient.
I have to assume you have no answer! There are defective humans that cannot be with other people. The only choices are to lock them in solitary for life, or do the more humane thing and put t5hem out of their misery and protect others from them! Your attempt to divert to Private penitentiaries shows you realize your campus idea doesn't work!
My answer was perfectly clear.

There is such a thing as human rights.

Victims HAD human rights too. You don't seem to care about such nonsense though, do you? ...
When disrespect for the rights of prisoners is disregarded by governments then Abu Ghraib and Guantánamo will surely follow.

View attachment 135176

What irks me is how we humans stoop to this judgmental what is life worth BS. We put innocent animals to death all the time. So what is the issue with the death penalty? Or abortion? When was innocence ever an issue in any of that?
There is such a thing as human rights.

There is?

You're against execution because the accused may be innocent, but you have no problem with locking a person up for life that may be innocent as well. If you're going to use the excuse that we may be executing an innocent man, why not make the same case about locking him up? Maybe we should just let them go because it would be inhuman to imprison somebody that didn't commit the crime, right???
A person who is falsely imprisoned may be released when his innocence is later proven. A dead man cannot be brought back to life.

View attachment 135176

It is true that Cameron Todd Willingham who was executed on false testamony in February 2004 for murdering his three young children by arson at the family home in Corsicana, Texas will not be harming anyone else.

Outside of the USA money is not considered so important.

View attachment 135176

Psych ward for violent patients for the rest of their lives, yes, but not a luxury rehab center that Johnny Depp visits on occasion.

Considering the number of prisoners we have due to the lack of real punishment in our system, the cost of our prison system is a major issue here in the US. Executing our felons and moral criminals would greatly reduce our Justice System costs and probsbly reduce social spending as well.

You are misinformed.

You, continue to be uninformed. I have asked you for proof on executed innocent people in the last 50 years and you ignore the question meaning you have no clue.

Here is my proof that your beloved European countries have more violent crime than does the USA.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.
By James Slack

Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European union, it has been revealed.

Official crime figures show the UK also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa - widely considered one of the world's most dangerous countries.

The figures comes on the day new Home Secretary Alan Johnson makes his first major speech on crime, promising to be tough on loutish behaviour.

The U.S. has a violence rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents, Canada 935, Australia 920 and South Africa 1,609.

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Grayling said: 'This is a damning indictment of this government's comprehensive failure over more than a decade to tackle the deep rooted social problems in our society, and the knock on effect on crime and anti-social behaviour.

Read more: The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S. | Daily Mail Online

So seven of the highest crime rates in the world are EU members. Also Britains numbers are taken while Britain was still in the EU.

A person who is falsely imprisoned may be released when his innocence is later proven. A dead man cannot be brought back to life.

So a guy spends 20 years in prison, gets let out at the age of 60 into the real world, and you're okay with that.

The only people that were ever released from prison are those who were found innocent because of DNA technology which we use on all murder cases today, or in a few very rare instances, a witness responsible for the prisoner being put in prison came forward and admitted they lied.

That's besides the fact I'm all for putting people to death where there was absolutely no question of their guilt. Video cameras, past death threats, DNA evidence, cases with empirical evidence the accused was no doubt the murderer.

So a guy spends 20 years in prison, gets let out at the age of 60 into the real world, and you're okay with that.

The only people that were ever released from prison are those who were found innocent because of DNA technology which we use on all murder cases today, or in a few very rare instances, a witness responsible for the prisoner being put in prison came forward and admitted they lied.

That's besides the fact I'm all for putting people to death where there was absolutely no question of their guilt. Video cameras, past death threats, DNA evidence, cases with empirical evidence the accused was no doubt the murderer.
I am confident that American juries have convicted innocent people whom they believed were guilty beyond a shadow of doubt. You should read "To Kill A Mockingbird".

Considering the number of prisoners we have due to the lack of real punishment in our system, the cost of our prison system is a major issue here in the US. Executing our felons and moral criminals would greatly reduce our Justice System costs and probsbly reduce social spending as well.
In America, prisons are Big Business.

You are misinformed.

By James Slack

So seven of the highest crime rates in the world are EU members. Also Britains numbers are taken while Britain was still in the EU.
This article was comparing Britain mainly to other EU countries. It is not comprehensive.

It is better that innocent people are not convicted whatever. Secondly, death is final.

Still waiting for that list of innocent prisoners executed in error over the past fifty years.

Eloy cannot produce such a list which makes this whole thread bogus.

Once again, two years to carry out all appeals after being sentenced to death. Then carry out the sentence and move on to the next.

I am confident that American juries have convicted innocent people whom they believed were guilty beyond a shadow of doubt. You should read "To Kill A Mockingbird".

Sure, in the past because we didn't have the technology we have today. I watch those detective shows in the winter and am amazed how much evidence they need to even bring charges against somebody yet alone get a conviction.

In short, I doubt anybody convicted in the last ten years for murder was falsely charged. In most cases the jury decides on the fate of the accused. The evidence has to be overwhelming for them to recommend the death penalty.

View attachment 135176

And when they kill someone in YOUR facility, what will you do? You are talking about defective animals in many cases, that will continue their violent ways until stopped. The only way to ensure they do not kill again is to end their miserable existence! Nobody gets out of this existence alive! Why prolong the inevitable?

Think of them as rabid animals. Sometimes beloved pets get sick and become rabid. There is no cure. The kindest thing for the animal and any potential victims is to put them down. We look at executions the wrong way. It's not a punishment. It's a kindness, both to the person executed and any other people they would harm in the future.

In America, prisons are Big Business.

You are misinformed.

By James Slack

This article was comparing Britain mainly to other EU countries. It is not that comprehensive.

It shows that crime rates are higher in the EU over the US. More comprehensive articles show that the gunless EU has a much higher crime rate than the US. Pretty easy to sort out.

Still waiting for that list of innocent prisoners executed in error over the past fifty years.

Eloy cannot produce such a list which makes this whole thread bogus.

Once again, two years to carry out all appeals after being sentenced to death. Then carry out the sentence and move on to the next.
Your request is unreasonable because we do not have all the data. I can provide a sample of some known wrongful executions in Southern states.:

Carlos DeLuna was executed in Texas in December 1989. Subsequent investigations cast strong doubt upon DeLuna's guilt for the murder of which he had been convicted.
The wrong Carlos: how Texas sent an innocent man to his death

Jesse Tafero was convicted of murder and executed via electric chair in May 1990 in the state of Florida for the murders of two Florida Highway Patrol officers. The conviction of a co-defendant was overturned in 1992 after a recreation of the crime scene indicated a third person had committed the murders.
Jesse Tafero - Wikipedia

Johnny Garrett of Texas was executed in February 1992 for allegedly raping and murdering a nun. In March 2004 cold-case DNA testing identified Leoncio Rueda as the rapist and murderer of another elderly victim killed four months earlier. Immediately following the nun's murder, prosecutors and police were certain the two cases were committed by the same assailant.
1992: Johnny Frank Garrett, "kiss my ass because I'm innocent"

Cameron Todd Willingham was executed in February 2004 for murdering his three young children by arson at the family home in Corsicana, Texas. Nationally known fire investigator Gerald Hurst reviewed the case documents, including the trial transcriptions and an hour-long videotape of the aftermath of the fire scene, and said in December 2004 that "There's nothing to suggest to any reasonable arson investigator that this was an arson fire. It was just a fire."
Death by Fire

In 2015, the Justice Department and the FBI formally acknowledged that nearly every examiner in an FBI forensic squad overstated forensic hair matches for two decades before the year 2000. Of the 28 forensic examiners testifying to hair matches in a total of 268 trials reviewed, 26 overstated the evidence of forensic hair matches and 95% of the overstatements favored the prosecution. Defendants were sentenced to death in 32 of those 268 cases.
Report: DOJ, FBI Admit Years of Flawed Testimony From Forensic Unit

Forum List

Back