Why dont we solve the problem, instead of executing people ?

Oh, you mean people that won't shoot a black person under any circumstance, and people that will wait until they get shot first before drawing their weapon? If that were the requirements, we wouldn't have any police officers at all.

I'm willing to bet you never had a gun pointed at you in your life nor were ever shot at. Your experience comes from watching movies on the television set. God forbid, but if your life was ever on the line, I'd love to see how you'd react.
I am not a scaredy cat.

How would you know unless you were ever in that situation? When somebody is pointing a gun at you, you realize you are about a half-second away from being worm food. Realty is different from fantasy where you think you would react like Dirty Harry. But when it's reality instead of television shows, you think a whole different way.

This is why police departments give priority to ex-miliatry people, and in particular, those who actually seen war. They do have experience in reacting to a deadly situation. It's like we were trained in our CCW class. You may be an expert at shooting at cardboard targets, but if that target was shooting back, you're not an expert any longer.
A lot of ex-military people have psychological issues and are entirely unsuitable for civilian policing by their experience in war zones.
Furthermore, being a civil policeman requires a level head, courage, courtesy, and professionalism. These traits are missing in American police forces.

You have no idea what you're talking about. A friend of mine has a son who tried for years to get on a police force. The police only choose the best of the best. In one instance, he applied to a local suburb, and even though he was a college graduate, they wanted a four year degree to even apply for a police officers job.

Besides the months of training they receive in the police academy, they have to pass a physical and psychological test required by each department they apply to. These tests are hours long and on top of that, you need to be interviewed by the psychologist.

Now if you can get through all that, the police department you are applying for sends out officers to interview your family. Then they ask neighbors for interviews as well to see if there was anything transcending about the applicant as a child or an adult.

To become a police officer, it's not like getting a job at Walmart. You don't just apply and hope to get hired somewhere.
Since you have accused me of not knowing what I am writing about, it is best I do not respond to your post as I otherwise would have.

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason you won't respond. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I am not a scaredy cat.

How would you know unless you were ever in that situation? When somebody is pointing a gun at you, you realize you are about a half-second away from being worm food. Realty is different from fantasy where you think you would react like Dirty Harry. But when it's reality instead of television shows, you think a whole different way.

This is why police departments give priority to ex-miliatry people, and in particular, those who actually seen war. They do have experience in reacting to a deadly situation. It's like we were trained in our CCW class. You may be an expert at shooting at cardboard targets, but if that target was shooting back, you're not an expert any longer.
A lot of ex-military people have psychological issues and are entirely unsuitable for civilian policing by their experience in war zones.
Furthermore, being a civil policeman requires a level head, courage, courtesy, and professionalism. These traits are missing in American police forces.

You have no idea what you're talking about. A friend of mine has a son who tried for years to get on a police force. The police only choose the best of the best. In one instance, he applied to a local suburb, and even though he was a college graduate, they wanted a four year degree to even apply for a police officers job.

Besides the months of training they receive in the police academy, they have to pass a physical and psychological test required by each department they apply to. These tests are hours long and on top of that, you need to be interviewed by the psychologist.

Now if you can get through all that, the police department you are applying for sends out officers to interview your family. Then they ask neighbors for interviews as well to see if there was anything transcending about the applicant as a child or an adult.

To become a police officer, it's not like getting a job at Walmart. You don't just apply and hope to get hired somewhere.
Since you have accused me of not knowing what I am writing about, it is best I do not respond to your post as I otherwise would have.

Yes, I'm sure that's the reason you won't respond. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Neither am I a liar.

Neither am I a liar.

You are a dishonest liar, you surely are, evidenced by the way you won't back up what you claim and have nothing but a bigoted opinion of the world. You are definitely a left wing liar.

Forum List

Back