Why earn...

Rustic

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2015
Indians are eligible for an absolutely free college education and very few take advantage of it, I didn't.
Progressives will never understand, handouts like free college will never have the long term effect on society their delusional little ideology thinks it will...

News from The Associated Press

Education in South Korea is provided by both public schools and private schools. Both types of schools receive funding from thegovernment, although the amount that the private schools receive is less than the amount of the state schools.[3]

Higher education is an overwhelmingly serious matter in South Korea, where it is viewed as one of the fundamental values of South Korean life. There, academic success is often a source of pride for families and within South Korean society at large. South Koreans view education as the main propeller of social mobility for themselves and their family as a gateway to the middle class. Graduating from a top university is the ultimate marker of high status, future socioeconomic status, marriage prospects, and prestige and respectable employment prospects. Pressure to succeed academically is deeply ingrained in South Korean children from an early age.

In 2010, the country spent 7.6% of its GDP on all levels of education – significantly more than the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) average of 6.3%. The country has fostered an education system that helped transform the country and rapidly grow its economy over the past 60 years.[4] South Korea’s zeal for education and its students’ desires to get into a prestigious university is one of the highest in the world, as the entrance into a top tier higher educational institution leads to a prestigious, secure and well-paid job with the government, banks, a major South Korean business conglomerate such as Samsungor LG Electronics.[5] With incredible pressure on high school students to secure places at the nation’s best universities, its institutional reputation and alumni networks are strong predictors of future job and career prospects. The top three universities in South Korea, often referred to as "SKY", are Seoul National University, Korea University and Yonsei University.[6][7][8] Competition for top marks and studying hard to be the top student is deeply ingrained in the psyche of South Korean students at a young age.[8]

Education in South Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just because you are a dumbkopf that puts no value on education does not mean that everyone else is that stupid.

• Banned
..."free" college can never work
"free" elementary, middle, and high school seems to work. Why is college somehow different?
''Free" college has proven to be a lost cause, "earning" your way through college is every bit as important as the getting of a degree.
''Free" shit is too easily discarded...

A couple of years enlistment in the Military would qualify for the G.I. bill but strangely enough the federal government doesn't remind kids of it. We get inane radio bites of how to be a father and dangerous stuff like "press hard and fast on the chest of any adult who passes out" without clarifying the fact that adults can pass out from a lot of things including diabetic related stuff and "pressing hard on their chest" might induce a heart attack. Why not promote the idea that a high school kid can earn a college degree by enlisting in the Military?

"free" elementary, middle, and high school seems to work. Why is college somehow different?
''Free" college has proven to be a lost cause, "earning" your way through college is every bit as important as the getting of a degree.
Interesting. How was it proven?
Maybe the cost of college should be free/less if you demonstrate financial need AND sufficient intelligence to take advantage of the opportunity.

• Banned
Maybe the cost of college should be free/less if you demonstrate financial need AND sufficient intelligence to take advantage of the opportunity.
You most likely don't understand, things given are fleeting...

You most likely don't understand, things given are fleeting...

Sure. Let me guess. You were born poor and worked your fingers to the bone....never had any help....walked uphill both ways.....and now you are a successful businessman.

How close am I?

Well now, Rustic certainly has some interesting opinions. Now, having taken a year of Chemisty, Physics, and Geology, as well as more than a year of Calculus, I can tell you that whether you paid for it, or were given it, if you successfully finished those courses, you worked your ass off.

All indications are that Rustic is one of those people that has had some financial success in life, and believes that has given him valid opinions on everything else in life. And he has no inkling how much his expression of that opinion brands him as a fool.

You have to understand that definitions of "Free" are different.

Free to people means it costs nothing. Free to a liberal means you get it at no cost, but somebody else has to pay for it.

Free elementary, middle and high school seems to work?

The US spends the most per capita on education than any industrialized country in the world, yet we have mediocre results to show for it.

Our primary schools don't prepare kids for tougher college courses which is why they are trying to bring in more educated foreigners to do the jobs Americans simply can't do.

I don't think it's working very well. And why is college different than primary schooling? Because primary schooling gets you prepared for the outside world. College is an investment. An investment is where you spend money with hopes of a profit. A kid that takes the proper majors in fields where employees are badly needed will make much better money than those who didn't attend college. Again, it's an investment, and taxpayers should not be funding individual investments.

We bring educated people here from other nations that do educate their people. The 'Conservatives' here simply cannot stand the thought of Americans they consider lower class getting an education.

We bring educated people here from other nations that do educate their people. The 'Conservatives' here simply cannot stand the thought of Americans they consider lower class getting an education.

That is a lie and you know it. What conservatives can't stand is a government ripping people off to give others things they should be getting for themselves.

Me paying for kids to go to college is no different than the taxpayers giving me money for real estate, stocks, commodities, precious metals. It's an investment I make for myself and taxpayers should not be paying for my investments. In the same way, taxpayers should not be paying for personal investments like college.

Forum List

Back