Why educated people are more Liberal

And there you reject the idea that those with less education and different interest might have a valid point or concern.

You closed your mind to people that are different than you.

Far from it.......but I can only learn something from folks who are not so damn scared of losing what they don't really ever have had.

Wrong. As you usually are. I just said that being extremely empathetic is a bad thing too.

No, the way you describe conservatives is absurd and reveals that you have a closed mind, to the point that you can't even describe their positions.

Absurd? I guess you ignore all the Conservative posts on this forum?

The far right Conservative position on this forum is quite clear. It is about survival of the fittest. End of story.

The natural reaction to the desire for a cradle to grave nanny state often leads to heated rhetoric.

But policies, principles, candidates, show that is not the reality of the Conservative movement or the Republican Party.

I didn't say ALL Conservatives or the ENTIRE republican party... did I?

Would you like to make a general statement demonstrating your ability to understand the positions of the NOT radical fringe Conservatives?

Most Conservatives do not like to be taxed and the government use that money for social programs. They believe in limited government and that if any of their money is to be used to help the less fortunate, they get to choose WHO and WHERE that money goes.

No, the way you describe conservatives is absurd and reveals that you have a closed mind, to the point that you can't even describe their positions.

The far right Conservative position on this forum is quite clear. It is about survival of the fittest. End of story.

The natural reaction to the desire for a cradle to grave nanny state often leads to heated rhetoric.

But policies, principles, candidates, show that is not the reality of the Conservative movement or the Republican Party.

Would you like to make a general statement demonstrating your ability to understand the positions of the NOT radical fringe Conservatives?

Most Conservatives do not like to be taxed and the government use that money for social programs. They believe in limited government and that if any of their money is to be used to help the less fortunate, they get to choose WHO and WHERE that money goes.
That is generally a right when someone worked hard for that money to determine where they will put it into charity for others. If you want to get down to charities and the ones who have been scamming peeps take a look at clintons first and work your way out from there.

That is generally a right when someone worked hard for that money to determine where they will put it into charity for others. If you want to get down to charities and the ones who have been scamming peeps take a look at clintons first and work your way out from there.

Non-sequitur. I have in fact said before on this forum that I thought the Clinton Foundation was not on the up-and-up at all times.

My problem is that Conservatives have no problem taking tax money to use it on programs they like, but when it comes to social programs they don't like, then tax money should be hands off.

And there you reject the idea that those with less education and different interest might have a valid point or concern.

You closed your mind to people that are different than you.

Far from it.......but I can only learn something from folks who are not so damn scared of losing what they don't really ever have had.

Even if your characterization was correct, you are looking for reasons, and finding them, because you want to , to dismiss other people's viewpoints as invalid.

That is not an open mind.

Better...

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different
/----/ how's this for educated liberals?
Student Group Says USC's White Horse Mascot Is a Racist Symbol

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Sounds like a good reason to make public universities free for residents.

When are you stupid motherfuckers on the left going to realize it isn't free.

Derp....derp.

Free as in no tuition, dope.

Somebody pays that tuition.

Again you are in error again as usual. What degree did Ross Perot have? He looked like he was pretty successful to me.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You think by naming a single person that it invalidates everyone else?

"The report titled "The Big Payoff: Educational Attainment and Synthetic Estimates of Work-Life Earnings" (.pdf) reveals that over an adult's working life, high school graduates can expect, on average, to earn $1.2 million, while those with a bachelor's degree will earn, $2.1 million; and people with a master's degree will earn $2.5 million."

US Census Confirms College Degree Ups Lifetime Income by Millions
It doesn't take but one example to make a universals claim false, boy.

Wrong again... that's called an anomaly.

Besides that, Perot was a Naval Academy graduate and did attend community college.

The naval academy is a university.

Yes, it is such a great school that a coworker had to go back to school to get a degree before he became a teacher just to teach math..

Diploma Dumbos

Because college is work without pay for no-talent class-climbing brownnoses who are afraid to grow up, the student lives like a child. So he has the mind of a child, not only immature but also simplistic. He is easily brainwashed by mind-raping professors, whom he looks up to as infallible father figures.

Diploma Dumbos

Because college is work without pay for no-talent class-climbing brownnoses who are afraid to grow up, the student lives like a child. So he has the mind of a child, not only immature but also simplistic. He is easily brainwashed by mind-raping professors, whom he looks up to as infallible father figures.

:cuckoo:

I've never been able to figure out why Liberals spend so much on degrees that pay so little if they're so smart.

It's because most well paying jobs have requirements that you have degrees. You can't even be a manager at a lot of retail stores without a degree.

There are plumbers and electricians that make more that managers at a lot of retail stores and they don't have degrees.

And many of them are with unions that give money hand over fist to Democrats!

Not in my State.

That may be true, there are many people that have a high school education and hove gone to run fortune 500 companies.
In 1953, when Americans had the most widespread prosperity ever, one third of the CEOs didn't have college degrees. It is significant that this was hidden away in a footnote in the bestseller, The Organization Man.

It's because most well paying jobs have requirements that you have degrees. You can't even be a manager at a lot of retail stores without a degree.

There are plumbers and electricians that make more that managers at a lot of retail stores and they don't have degrees.

And many of them are with unions that give money hand over fist to Democrats!

Not in my State.

That may be true, there are many people that have a high school education and hove gone to run fortune 500 companies.
In 1953, when Americans had the most widespread prosperity ever, one third of the CEOs didn't have college degrees. It is significant that this was hidden away in a footnote in the bestseller, The Organization Man.

I hate to break the news to you Marty McFly, but this isn't 1953 anymore.

And? A lot of plumbers still have to pass tests and be certified. Of course not all people are mechanically inclined.

I was addressing the statement of "because most well paying jobs have requirements that you have degrees". That's not necessarily true.

Passing a test to be certified isn't the same as a degree.

Lots of people drop out of school without a hs diploma yet certain ideologies in society still want employers to pay them for a skill set that most 5 year olds have.

So your saying you don't need to study to get certified? You do understand that to become certified in most vocational trades requires being an apprentice... which isn't mush different than going to college. Your argument fails in that matter.

Getting a certificate is much different than getting a bachelors degree or a Masters degree or a PhD.

Getting training is one thing, it is another thing to take course that are general in nature that have nothing to do with your area of study, such as Liberal Arts classes.
Those are leisure-classs subjects, mandated in order to waste the time of students who don't live off a fat allowance.

Diploma Dumbos

I see you've never been to college, it does show..

So friggen smart they:

Need someone else to buy them health insurance

Need someone else to pay for their education.

Need safe spaces

You were saying

The most educated generation in history...........

AND THEY CAN'T SEEM TO PAY THEIR OWN WAY???????

Sounds like a good reason to make public universities free for residents.

No such as thing free education, someone pays for it.

Then again the far left does not understand that concept!
Business and society are the ones freeloading off unpaid education. It's similar to the NFL owners getting free minor leagues out of college football.

Forum List

Back