Why educated people are more Liberal

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different

I skimmed the first one.

DId you note that it made no effort to support it's admitted intuitive guesses?
If You've Heard of Someone, Don't Listen to Him

In this decadent era, anyone who gets paid to write, lecture, or broadcast is of the same ilk as those who get paid to have sex.

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Sounds like a good reason to make public universities free for residents.

No such as thing free education, someone pays for it.

Then again the far left does not understand that concept!

Derp..derp.

Golly look how "educated" you are!!!!

Look how dopey your response is. You don't want access to a tuition free education for yourself or your children?
Everyone is programmed to miss the point on that indentured servitude. In order to get the most talented, instead of those on the shallow end of the talent pool whom we get now, they must be paid a higher salary than they can expect to get at age 18 from a full-time job. Free tuition is no great incentive. For example, how many of the best high-school athletes would agree to play in college if the athletic scholarships only gave them free tuition?

No such as thing free education, someone pays for it.

Then again the far left does not understand that concept!

Derp..derp.

Golly look how "educated" you are!!!!

Look how dopey your response is. You don't want access to a tuition free education for yourself or your children?

It isn't free.... somebody is paying for it.
Nop
No shit, professor.
It should be publicly funded.
Nope. As a substitute for paying taxes, corporations should recruit the smartest high-school students and pay them a high salary plus pay their tuition to acquire the skills needed. Universities must be forced to quit requiring courses that aren't job-related. Most of those are make-work jobs for useless professors.

Derek Jeter got a million dollars up front to put himself through baseball's equivalent of college education. Over and above that and his salary for 20 years, the Yankees' profit was 250 million dollars.

Last edited:

There are Libertarians like Alex Jones and then there are Libretards that belongs to Hillary..

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.
The childish lifestyle of scraping by on part-time jobs stunts their growth permanently (so does that starving artist nonsense). It's like a fictional situation where if someone lives on bread and water for 4 years, he'll get to eat free at expensive restaurants from then on. The permanent indigestion makes the reward not worth sacrificing for.

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

You have probably done it in the past yourself.
I haven't that I can remember. But it is true.
It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.
Down Alice's Rabbit Hole

Every door opened to fantasy closes one to reality.

You can bet every conservative will rant and wail about how smart they all are. It has little to do with America as well. Human beings that are less educated are far more likely to believe in deities, myths, ghosts, bigfoot, alien abduction, and are far more susceptible to being drawn into a cult of personality. The less educated you are when someone comes along that 'appears' to be far smarter than you and promises you the world ignorance takes over and these people follow the snake oil salesman very easily.

Around the world whenever an authoritarian conservative faction gains power the first thing the do is kill all the professors and academics. They are scared of knowledge and prefer a population of sheep. North Korea is the most glaring example right now but human population in all countries break down into similar demographics.NASCAR required people to watch cars go around in circle for two hours. Thinking is not required.

Aggressive "Born to Rule" Snobs

Yet marxism is found almost exclusively in college campuses.

Which kind of destroys your post right there.
Aggressive "Born to Rule" Snobs

Because the university is an obsolete aristocratic institution, Marxism is the sole property of those who inherit wealth, a class that has no right to exist.

I haven't that I can remember. But it is true.
It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.

NOne of that is true.

Liberals are less open minded, when it comes to different viewpoints, as has been demonstrated in academic studies.

Liberals are less open minded to nonsense.

And they decide that anything they disagree with must be "nonsense".

No.
Nonsense is nonsense. It's not my fault that you can't tell the difference.

Of course it.... it would be pretty silly to say that nonsense is anything other than nonsense.

True. When people don't recognize it's nonsense,( like a border wall), it's their problem and not their opposition's.

This is how open minded the modern liberal is to new ideas.

Berkley-milo-riots.jpg

Milo's ideas are far from new. Same shit, new package. Just more nonsense.

Educated people are not more liberal.

Wakey wakey.....

Loser are liberals.

But then I'm sure the OP knew that.

Thus proving that Universities are Prog Reprogramming Camps.

Duh.

So you prefer conservatives remain steadfast in their refusal of higher learning so as to not tip the scales toward liberals?

First: I reject your premise that conservatives are steadfast in refusing higher learning.

Second: I reject your premise that much of what takes places on university campuses is actually higher learning (cf., Evergreen).

Third: Prog-Lefties are doing just fine in destroying themselves via their cannibal-cabal identity politics biggest victim competition.

;)

First: Read the post that I responded to.

Second: Don't respond.

I was addressing the statement of "because most well paying jobs have requirements that you have degrees". That's not necessarily true.

Passing a test to be certified isn't the same as a degree.

Lots of people drop out of school without a hs diploma yet certain ideologies in society still want employers to pay them for a skill set that most 5 year olds have.

So your saying you don't need to study to get certified? You do understand that to become certified in most vocational trades requires being an apprentice... which isn't mush different than going to college. Your argument fails in that matter.

I said you don't have to get a degree to be certified. Please keep up.

In my state you don't have to be an apprentice to become certified in a vocational trade. I've held a general contractor's license for almost 30 years. While I worked in the field for several years before getting the license, it wasn't required to do so.

I NEVER said you had to get a degree. I said you have to still get an education that requires training for your specific field of vocation... which totally makes your argument wrong.

Neither did I. What you did say was that to become certified in vocational trades requires being an apprentice. That is untrue as a general statement.

Can you get accepted into Unions of Trades without apprenticeships?
Yes you can, but it's usually done by passing money under the table.

all the reasons why this is such a stupid fucking premise.

it just is.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You think by naming a single person that it invalidates everyone else?

"The report titled "The Big Payoff: Educational Attainment and Synthetic Estimates of Work-Life Earnings" (.pdf) reveals that over an adult's working life, high school graduates can expect, on average, to earn $1.2 million, while those with a bachelor's degree will earn, $2.1 million; and people with a master's degree will earn $2.5 million."

US Census Confirms College Degree Ups Lifetime Income by Millions
It doesn't take but one example to make a universals claim false, boy.

Wrong again... that's called an anomaly.

Besides that, Perot was a Naval Academy graduate and did attend community college.

The naval academy is a university.

Yes, it is such a great school that a coworker had to go back to school to get a degree before he became a teacher just to teach math..

Because he probably didn't have the requisite classes to get his teaching certificate.
Do you believe that anyone with a degree can be a teacher?

One aspect of higher education is the understanding/learning of logic and rationality. Also cause and effect. Also learned is the why do lessor educated people fall for cults and propaganda.
Learning common sense is not done at college. Sorry you fail. Parents are the ones that are supposed to pass that on to their children. The state is not responsible to teach children not to piss on their own feet.

Not to mention, how is an English degree going to teach logic and rationality?
For example, what makes Gatsby so great if he fell for a spoiled superficial weakling like Daisy Buchanan?

Last edited:
It's because most well paying jobs have requirements that you have degrees. You can't even be a manager at a lot of retail stores without a degree.

There are plumbers and electricians that make more that managers at a lot of retail stores and they don't have degrees.

And many of them are with unions that give money hand over fist to Democrats!

Not in my State.

That may be true, there are many people that have a high school education and hove gone to run fortune 500 companies.
In 1953, when Americans had the most widespread prosperity ever, one third of the CEOs didn't have college degrees. It is significant that this was hidden away in a footnote in the bestseller, The Organization Man.

This isn't 1953 and at that time, only 40% of people had more than an eight grade education and less than 10% had any college at all.

Is that the world you want?

Forum List

Back