Why educated people are more Liberal

It doesn't take but one example to make a universals claim false, boy.

Wrong again... that's called an anomaly.

Besides that, Perot was a Naval Academy graduate and did attend community college.

The naval academy is a university.

Yes, it is such a great school that a coworker had to go back to school to get a degree before he became a teacher just to teach math..

Because he probably didn't have the requisite classes to get his teaching certificate.
Do you believe that anyone with a degree can be a teacher?

I didn't have the requisite classes to teach when I became a teacher, but I didn't have to get another degree! I just took 2 more math classes.

He was an oceanography major. You would think that would be sufficient to teach science classes.

There are plumbers and electricians that make more that managers at a lot of retail stores and they don't have degrees.

And many of them are with unions that give money hand over fist to Democrats!

Not in my State.

That may be true, there are many people that have a high school education and hove gone to run fortune 500 companies.
In 1953, when Americans had the most widespread prosperity ever, one third of the CEOs didn't have college degrees. It is significant that this was hidden away in a footnote in the bestseller, The Organization Man.

This isn't 1953 and at that time, only 40% of people had more than an eight grade education and less than 10% had any college at all.

Is that the world you want?

Christ sake, then the whole world would be liberal.

There are plumbers and electricians that make more that managers at a lot of retail stores and they don't have degrees.

Not in my State.

That may be true, there are many people that have a high school education and hove gone to run fortune 500 companies.
In 1953, when Americans had the most widespread prosperity ever, one third of the CEOs didn't have college degrees. It is significant that this was hidden away in a footnote in the bestseller, The Organization Man.

This isn't 1953 and at that time, only 40% of people had more than an eight grade education and less than 10% had any college at all.

An eighth grade education before the 70's was much different than an eighth grade education today. Just a fact. How many college twerps have you met along the way in administrative positions that couldn't spell any better than a second grader if even that? I have came across quite a few that supposedly had degrees but just like HS diplomas they got them without having the knowledge base to back those degrees up.

One aspect of higher education is the understanding/learning of logic and rationality. Also cause and effect. Also learned is the why do lessor educated people fall for cults and propaganda.
Learning common sense is not done at college. Sorry you fail. Parents are the ones that are supposed to pass that on to their children. The state is not responsible to teach children not to piss on their own feet.
You are claiming I said something and I did not say anything about common sense. You must have common sense to attain a higher education, IE: IQ.

Who is telling you these things?
I do not have anyone telling me anything. My knowledge is from reading and life experiences. Not to mention a couple of my grand children having graduated with degrees from 4 year colleges speak *speaks* volumes in regards to a very good education.
Making the verb agree with the previous noun is a common error made by the defective products of this phony education. For example, law-school graduate Trent Lott's "My choice of words were inappropriate."

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.
The childish lifestyle of scraping by on part-time jobs stunts their growth permanently (so does that starving artist nonsense). It's like a fictional situation where if someone lives on bread and water for 4 years, he'll get to eat free at expensive restaurants from then on. The permanent indigestion makes the reward not worth sacrificing for.

You've rambled for many posts now.

Every highly compensated person with highly complex careers are also highly educated.

Do you ever wonder why rich folks insist that their children get the best education money can buy?

Hint: Because they know that it's the key to a successful future.

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

You have probably done it in the past yourself.
I haven't that I can remember. But it is true.
It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.
Down Alice's Rabbit Hole

Every door opened to fantasy closes one to reality.

The sage of shitstain. :alcoholic:

Not in my State.

An eighth grade education before the 70's was much different than an eighth grade education today. Just a fact. How many college twerps have you met along the way in administrative positions that couldn't spell any better than a second grader if even that? I have came across quite a few that supposedly had degrees but just like HS diplomas they got them without having the knowledge base to back those degrees up.

The point was, the world was a simpler place in 1953.

And? A lot of plumbers still have to pass tests and be certified. Of course not all people are mechanically inclined.

I was addressing the statement of "because most well paying jobs have requirements that you have degrees". That's not necessarily true.

Passing a test to be certified isn't the same as a degree.

Lots of people drop out of school without a hs diploma yet certain ideologies in society still want employers to pay them for a skill set that most 5 year olds have.

So your saying you don't need to study to get certified? You do understand that to become certified in most vocational trades requires being an apprentice... which isn't mush different than going to college. Your argument fails in that matter.
You are wrong. An apprentice in the trades must work with a journeyman (the expert in that field). Colleges on the other hand are passing out degrees and many of these pos's that hold degrees claim they are experts and they don't know their shit is nasty.

No, I'm not wrong. You made it sound like a person can just go out and become a plumber or some other tradesman without getting an education. That's unequivocally false. It's just a different type of education in that it is more hands on than just going to college. But even in college most degrees require a person to do internships and other types of hands on experience.

Your argument doesn't work.

The OP was about university education. Plumbers are racist, xenophobic, homophobic, inbred Nazis. Everybody knows that by now. If you support plumbers, you're KKK, too.

And? A lot of plumbers still have to pass tests and be certified. Of course not all people are mechanically inclined.

I was addressing the statement of "because most well paying jobs have requirements that you have degrees". That's not necessarily true.

Passing a test to be certified isn't the same as a degree.

Lots of people drop out of school without a hs diploma yet certain ideologies in society still want employers to pay them for a skill set that most 5 year olds have.

So your saying you don't need to study to get certified? You do understand that to become certified in most vocational trades requires being an apprentice... which isn't mush different than going to college. Your argument fails in that matter.
You are wrong. An apprentice in the trades must work with a journeyman (the expert in that field). Colleges on the other hand are passing out degrees and many of these pos's that hold degrees claim they are experts and they don't know their shit is nasty.

No, I'm not wrong. You made it sound like a person can just go out and become a plumber or some other tradesman without getting an education. That's unequivocally false. It's just a different type of education in that it is more hands on than just going to college. But even in college most degrees require a person to do internships and other types of hands on experience.

Your argument doesn't work.

The OP was about university education. Plumbers are racist, xenophobic, homophobic, inbred Nazis. Everybody knows that by now. If you support plumbers, you're KKK, too.

:cuckoo:

Wrong again... that's called an anomaly.

Besides that, Perot was a Naval Academy graduate and did attend community college.

The naval academy is a university.

Yes, it is such a great school that a coworker had to go back to school to get a degree before he became a teacher just to teach math..

Because he probably didn't have the requisite classes to get his teaching certificate.
Do you believe that anyone with a degree can be a teacher?

I didn't have the requisite classes to teach when I became a teacher, but I didn't have to get another degree! I just took 2 more math classes.

He was an oceanography major. You would think that would be sufficient to teach science classes.

How is this ambiguous at all to you if you're a teacher. Where in the hell do you teach?

Uneducated people are liberals

It's all about welfare.

Not in my State.

It may have been the point you were trying to make but the fact is many college dweebs can't read, write or do the math that most eighth graders back then could do. Even with a calculator many still can't add or subtract simple equations today. A basic life skill is to be able to get through the grocery store knowing how much you are spending before you ever hit the register.

It may have been the point you were trying to make but the fact is many college dweebs can't read, write or do the math that most eighth graders back then could do. Even with a calculator many still can't add or subtract simple equations today. A basic life skill is to be able to get through the grocery store knowing how much you are spending before you ever hit the register.

What the heck, I thought as long as you have checks you have money.

That's just a retarded statement.

Do you have any idea at all about the amount of time, work and effort it takes to achieve a degree?

That's just a retarded statement.

Do you have any idea at all about the amount of time, work and effort it takes to achieve a degree?
Actually yes I do. Do you know how much incompetence is out there in the so called professional world today?

Because the dummies were duped into paying $200,000 in tuition for a degree worth about $40k?
I've never been able to figure out why Liberals spend so much on degrees that pay so little if they're so smart.
obama had a billion dollars spent on him to get a 400 thousand a year job
In my personal experience higher education exposes a person to more diverse ways of thinking. One becomes more cosmopolitan in outlook. With such exposure, it becomes more difficult to be swayed by fear and suspicion, two aspects driving the modern American Conservative (who is indeed not Conservative, but Nationalist and xenophobic)

Today's Conservative is a victim of a cult of personality rather than ideology. Not all,that long ago, true Conservatives were applauding, among others, Paul Ryan on the GOP ticket as he brought fiscal Conservatism to the Republican brand. Since then, the Roger Stone/Paul Manafort Wing of dirty politics driven by lies, obfuscation, fear and suspicion has hijacked the ideologiwing of the GOP.

Being exposed to people in a college setting allows one to see through these vile aspects of contemporary politics.

So, yes. People with higher education are not as susceptible to fear mongering.
lots of educated people have just as many fears as lessor educated people and can be just as susceptible to fear mongering.......look at how so many so called educated liberals are reacting to the shit being thrown around about trump........
Speaking for myself I would say my reaction to the Trump disruptions has been confirmation of my thoughts of Trump''s character and comportment and not outrage over the havoc it brings. I feel as if the Trump of the campaign and the division it brought by his words and attitudes is the Trump presidency.

I know his most avid supporters reveled in the chaos. But here's where at least the exposure to a higher education pays off. The ability to recognize that chaos is not a solution and opting for chaos is a fool's game. Had the Trump supporters been just a little more far sighted, we might not have had Trump as a front runner in the nominating process.

That would have put, most certainly, an ideologue at the head of the GOP ticket. Ideologues are more pragmatic than egomaniacs. Ideologues would be more accomplished at agenda advancement. Ideologues, though not saints as are we all, may have a few social rough spots but not the constant reminders of blatant division and winks and nods to the most despicable players in American politics today.

There's also a difference between book smarts and street smarts (or, common sense). And, there is also wisdom.

You can have all the intellect you want, but still be very dumb in other areas

Forum List

Back