Why educated people are more Liberal

They're not "educated" they're indoctrinated.

Big difference.

Educated people have the capacity to think critically and can use that to reject prior beliefs should facts prove those beliefs to be wrong. Libturds clearly lack any capacity to think.

/----/ As long as we are setting up straw man arguments, here's my entry: We all acknowledge that the true agenda of the DemocRATS is to reinstate slavery, where will they draw their slaves from, Detroit or Harlem?
Did I say something that was incorrect?
/----/ As if you didn't know your straw man argument. Well here it is Spanky: " I do very much wonder when advanced education, intellectual acuity and a general ability to speak in an articulate manner became negative qualities for the GOP." I'll answer your question Birdbrain - NEVER. It never became negative qualities for the GOP.
Ah, so you've never noticed that.

Got it.

Always fascinating, the selective attention of hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends.
/----/ That is just your hate filled biased opinion. If it were true, you'd be able to post facts to back it up. You won't because you can't. Now answer my question: We all acknowledge that the true agenda of the DemocRATS is to reinstate slavery, where will they draw their slaves from, Detroit or Harlem?
Oh my. You're crazed.

Okay. You're absolutely right. You really are right. Thanks for setting me straight.
/----/ You can't back up your claim because you know it's not true.
im-a-tolerant-liberal.jpg

'Why educated people are more Liberal'

Participation in polls is voluntary and the veracity of the respondents answers is not usually researched. So, simply put - conservatives respond with who they actually are and liberals respond with who they wish they were. Reality based vs self-identification. :2up:

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different

educated and going to leftist indoctrination camps are two different things

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
There are plumbers and electricians that make more that managers at a lot of retail stores and they don't have degrees.

And many of them are with unions that give money hand over fist to Democrats!

Not in my State.

That may be true, there are many people that have a high school education and hove gone to run fortune 500 companies.
In 1953, when Americans had the most widespread prosperity ever, one third of the CEOs didn't have college degrees. It is significant that this was hidden away in a footnote in the bestseller, The Organization Man.

Is that the world you want?

(This is in reply to Post #285. My computer was so depressed by the parroted "thinking" here by the Netwits caged on both the Left and the Right that it tried to commit suicide.)

Each of your corporate Masters' authoritarian talking points you recite proves how dumbed down college graduates are, which reflects on their ability to do the jobs they stole through brownnosing.

#1 = "The more posts a poster makes, the more that proves he is stupid."

#2 Person is the subject, so change the verb to is. Unstructured grammar is evidence of unstructured thought.

#3 All that proves is that college "education" means students having their parents buy them their future jobs. The brainwashed public is prevented from realizing the overwhelming psychological advantage richkids have in living off an adult allowance.

#4 This unmotivating school playground for Preppies is the key to why the economy has gone downhill since 1953.

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

You have probably done it in the past yourself.
I haven't that I can remember. But it is true.
It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.
Down Alice's Rabbit Hole

Every door opened to fantasy closes one to reality.

The sage of shitstain. :alcoholic:
Of course that's what acadumbified snobs think of Main Street.

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Not in my State.

That may be true, there are many people that have a high school education and hove gone to run fortune 500 companies.
In 1953, when Americans had the most widespread prosperity ever, one third of the CEOs didn't have college degrees. It is significant that this was hidden away in a footnote in the bestseller, The Organization Man.

(This is in reply to Post #285. My computer was so depressed by the parroted "thinking" here by the Netwits caged on both the Left and the Right that it tried to commit suicide.)

Each of your corporate Masters' authoritarian talking points you recite proves how dumbed down college graduates are, which reflects on their ability to do the jobs they stole through brownnosing.

#2 Person is the subject, so change the verb to is. Unstructured grammar is evidence of unstructured thought.

#3 All that proves is that college "education" means students having their parents buy them their future jobs. The brainwashed public is prevented from realizing the overwhelming psychological advantage richkids have in living off an adult allowance.

#4 This unmotivating school playground for Preppies is the key to why the economy has gone downhill since 1953.

Who are you responding to, fool?

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.
Down Alice's Rabbit Hole

No. That's what I think of you and your incoherent ramblings.

So your saying you don't need to study to get certified? You do understand that to become certified in most vocational trades requires being an apprentice... which isn't mush different than going to college. Your argument fails in that matter.

I said you don't have to get a degree to be certified. Please keep up.

In my state you don't have to be an apprentice to become certified in a vocational trade. I've held a general contractor's license for almost 30 years. While I worked in the field for several years before getting the license, it wasn't required to do so.

I NEVER said you had to get a degree. I said you have to still get an education that requires training for your specific field of vocation... which totally makes your argument wrong.

Neither did I. What you did say was that to become certified in vocational trades requires being an apprentice. That is untrue as a general statement.

Can you get accepted into Unions of Trades without apprenticeships?
It depends on which trade union. For some if you have the actual experience and can pass their test they will accept you with less time to be spent as an apprentice.
I was in the carpenters union, and I know people who got in by passing the business agent money under the table. Unions are utterly corrupt. The business agent was widely known to own about 40 acres of land just outside of Boulder Co. The cost of that would be well over a million. It's hard to justify that on a salary of $36,000/yr

There's also a difference between book smarts and street smarts (or, common sense). And, there is also wisdom.

You can have all the intellect you want, but still be very dumb in other areas
That cliché is a destructive half truth. Their grade-school knowledge of grammar, logic, and history proves they're not book smart either.

Down Alice's Rabbit Hole

You don't think they are incoherent; you're desperately hoping that by saying so you might trick other people into thinking they are.

Not in my State.

/----/ As to point #3 : The vocational schools that were so popular in the last century have almost gone away. Yes there are some, but not like when I grew up. Auto mechanics, carpentry and so forth were viable options to those who were not college material. You could learn a trade and make a middle class living with a modest home and base model Chevy in the driveway. Do any High Schools still offer Shop or Home Economics?

Not in my State.

/----/ As to point #3 : The vocational schools that were so popular in the last century have almost gone away. Yes there are some, but not like when I grew up. Auto mechanics, carpentry and so forth were viable options to those who were not college material. You could learn a trade and make a middle class living with a modest home and base model Chevy in the driveway. Do any High Schools still offer Shop or Home Economics?
The point that is never allowed to be made is that college is work without pay. So is vocational training. That violates all economic rules about natural incentive.

Until we wake up to the educationists' Big Lie, "college material" will have little to do with talent. It will apply only to those willing to continue living like teenagers because are afraid to grow up.

The point that is never allowed to be made is that college is work without pay. So is vocational training. That violates all economic rules about natural incentive.

Until we wake up to the educationists' Big Lie, "college material" will have little to do with talent. It will apply only to those willing to continue living like teenagers because are afraid to grow up.
/----/ You said: "college is work without pay. So is vocational training. " That makes no sense. Do you expect to get paid while getting an education? What is it you're trying to say?

Down Alice's Rabbit Hole

You don't think they are incoherent; you're desperately hoping that by saying so you might trick other people into thinking they are.
:laugh:

Everyone can see for themselves, fool.

/----/ You said: "college is work without pay. So is vocational training. " That makes no sense. Do you expect to get paid while getting an education? What is it you're trying to say?

The guy is just babbling nonsense.

Not in my State.

The school district where I live has what is called Career Centers. Within the District, there are several of them. Each one has students from several high schools based on geography. Most teach the same courses (Auto Body, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Mechatronics, Welding, Carpentry, etc.). Each Center has some of it's own distinct programs. For the most part, they teach the types of things you speak of. A friend's daughter finished the Cosmetology program at one of them receiving whatever certification is required in that field to do cosmetology. She went on to a university for a Business degree and now own her own shop and has several others working under her.

Forum List

Back