Why educated people are more Liberal

Because the dummies were duped into paying $200,000 in tuition for a degree worth about $40k?
I've never been able to figure out why Liberals spend so much on degrees that pay so little if they're so smart.
obama had a billion dollars spent on him to get a 400 thousand a year job
In my personal experience higher education exposes a person to more diverse ways of thinking. One becomes more cosmopolitan in outlook. With such exposure, it becomes more difficult to be swayed by fear and suspicion, two aspects driving the modern American Conservative (who is indeed not Conservative, but Nationalist and xenophobic)

Today's Conservative is a victim of a cult of personality rather than ideology. Not all,that long ago, true Conservatives were applauding, among others, Paul Ryan on the GOP ticket as he brought fiscal Conservatism to the Republican brand. Since then, the Roger Stone/Paul Manafort Wing of dirty politics driven by lies, obfuscation, fear and suspicion has hijacked the ideologiwing of the GOP.

Being exposed to people in a college setting allows one to see through these vile aspects of contemporary politics.

So, yes. People with higher education are not as susceptible to fear mongering.
lots of educated people have just as many fears as lessor educated people and can be just as susceptible to fear mongering.......look at how so many so called educated liberals are reacting to the shit being thrown around about trump........
Speaking for myself I would say my reaction to the Trump disruptions has been confirmation of my thoughts of Trump''s character and comportment and not outrage over the havoc it brings. I feel as if the Trump of the campaign and the division it brought by his words and attitudes is the Trump presidency.

I know his most avid supporters reveled in the chaos. But here's where at least the exposure to a higher education pays off. The ability to recognize that chaos is not a solution and opting for chaos is a fool's game. Had the Trump supporters been just a little more far sighted, we might not have had Trump as a front runner in the nominating process.

That would have put, most certainly, an ideologue at the head of the GOP ticket. Ideologues are more pragmatic than egomaniacs. Ideologues would be more accomplished at agenda advancement. Ideologues, though not saints as are we all, may have a few social rough spots but not the constant reminders of blatant division and winks and nods to the most despicable players in American politics today.

We need change. The "pragmatic" political class is happy with the status quo that is literally killing Middle America.

White Americans Are Dying Younger as Drug and Alcohol Abuse Rises

" Life expectancy declined slightly for white Americans in 2014, according to new federal data, a troubling sign that distress among younger and middle-age whites who are dying at ever-higher rates from drug overdoses is lowering average life spans for the white population as a whole."

Hmm...so whites have the same problems as other races when faced with bleak prospects.
Who knew? :dunno:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
In 1953, when Americans had the most widespread prosperity ever, one third of the CEOs didn't have college degrees. It is significant that this was hidden away in a footnote in the bestseller, The Organization Man.

Is that the world you want?

(This is in reply to Post #285. My computer was so depressed by the parroted "thinking" here by the Netwits caged on both the Left and the Right that it tried to commit suicide.)

Each of your corporate Masters' authoritarian talking points you recite proves how dumbed down college graduates are, which reflects on their ability to do the jobs they stole through brownnosing.

#1 = "The more posts a poster makes, the more that proves he is stupid."

#2 Person is the subject, so change the verb to is. Unstructured grammar is evidence of unstructured thought.

#3 All that proves is that college "education" means students having their parents buy them their future jobs. The brainwashed public is prevented from realizing the overwhelming psychological advantage richkids have in living off an adult allowance.

#4 This unmotivating school playground for Preppies is the key to why the economy has gone downhill since 1953.
/----/ As to point #3 : The vocational schools that were so popular in the last century have almost gone away. Yes there are some, but not like when I grew up. Auto mechanics, carpentry and so forth were viable options to those who were not college material. You could learn a trade and make a middle class living with a modest home and base model Chevy in the driveway. Do any High Schools still offer Shop or Home Economics?
The point that is never allowed to be made is that college is work without pay. So is vocational training. That violates all economic rules about natural incentive.

Until we wake up to the educationists' Big Lie, "college material" will have little to do with talent. It will apply only to those willing to continue living like teenagers because are afraid to grow up.
/----/ You said: "college is work without pay. So is vocational training. " That makes no sense. Do you expect to get paid while getting an education? What is it you're trying to say?
Work in Progress

Your jealousy of the talented is so vindictive that you want to punish them first because they'll get high-paying jobs after they graduate.

If you want to get the most talented people instead of no-talent wimps who want to sacrifice their youth to impress economic bullies, you better offer them a training salary that is more than they can expect from having a full-time job instead of going to college.

Preparation is the most important part of production. Microsoft profits from the very first computer science course its future employees take. After all, they pay their own employees from the very beginning of working on a project, instead of expecting them to work without pay until the project is finished and marketable.

Why haven't your plutocratic-parasite Masters made you jealous of superior athletes instead of superior students? Then a baseball player would have to take out a huge loan to pay the minor league clubs to train him. He'd have to live in misery off any low-wage jobs he could get in the off-season.

Because the dummies were duped into paying $200,000 in tuition for a degree worth about $40k?
I've never been able to figure out why Liberals spend so much on degrees that pay so little if they're so smart.
In my personal experience higher education exposes a person to more diverse ways of thinking. One becomes more cosmopolitan in outlook. With such exposure, it becomes more difficult to be swayed by fear and suspicion, two aspects driving the modern American Conservative (who is indeed not Conservative, but Nationalist and xenophobic)

Today's Conservative is a victim of a cult of personality rather than ideology. Not all,that long ago, true Conservatives were applauding, among others, Paul Ryan on the GOP ticket as he brought fiscal Conservatism to the Republican brand. Since then, the Roger Stone/Paul Manafort Wing of dirty politics driven by lies, obfuscation, fear and suspicion has hijacked the ideologiwing of the GOP.

Being exposed to people in a college setting allows one to see through these vile aspects of contemporary politics.

lots of educated people have just as many fears as lessor educated people and can be just as susceptible to fear mongering.......look at how so many so called educated liberals are reacting to the shit being thrown around about trump........
Speaking for myself I would say my reaction to the Trump disruptions has been confirmation of my thoughts of Trump''s character and comportment and not outrage over the havoc it brings. I feel as if the Trump of the campaign and the division it brought by his words and attitudes is the Trump presidency.

I know his most avid supporters reveled in the chaos. But here's where at least the exposure to a higher education pays off. The ability to recognize that chaos is not a solution and opting for chaos is a fool's game. Had the Trump supporters been just a little more far sighted, we might not have had Trump as a front runner in the nominating process.

That would have put, most certainly, an ideologue at the head of the GOP ticket. Ideologues are more pragmatic than egomaniacs. Ideologues would be more accomplished at agenda advancement. Ideologues, though not saints as are we all, may have a few social rough spots but not the constant reminders of blatant division and winks and nods to the most despicable players in American politics today.

We need change. The "pragmatic" political class is happy with the status quo that is literally killing Middle America.

" Life expectancy declined slightly for white Americans in 2014, according to new federal data, a troubling sign that distress among younger and middle-age whites who are dying at ever-higher rates from drug overdoses is lowering average life spans for the white population as a whole."

Hmm...so whites have the same problems as other races when faced with bleak prospects.

ANyone with a brain.

And not surprisingly when "confronted with bleak prospects" we voted for change, without concern for whether it might be "chaotic".

That "Educated" people think that the reason is that Trump voters were stupid, shows that those "educated" people are ignorant assholes.

/----/ You said: "college is work without pay. So is vocational training. " That makes no sense. Do you expect to get paid while getting an education? What is it you're trying to say?

Students get grades instead of a salary for writing historical papers, doing laboratory experiments, and even coming up with new ideas and inventions.
A diploma is a partipation trophy. College education is an unfunded mandate. (Love to use conformists' memes against them)

ANyone with a brain.

And not surprisingly when "confronted with bleak prospects" we voted for change, without concern for whether it might be "chaotic".

That "Educated" people think that the reason is that Trump voters were stupid, shows that those "educated" people are ignorant assholes.
You voted for change without regard of the resulting chaos?

And you call people with higher education ignorant assholes?

Can you connect the dots in your logic for us?

ANyone with a brain.

I'm sure that's it.

ANyone with a brain.

It's the convoluted logic of a frustrated intellect.

ANyone with a brain.

It's the convoluted logic of a frustrated intellect.

Well the problem is, sometimes even smart people get scammed when they have such a huge desire for a certain outcome. The real problem lies in the fact that they are too stubborn to admit it when it is slapping them in the face.

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different
I can say that the level of writing among my Liberal friends is substantially higher than that found in most Conservative posts. There is a wit and sophistication absent in Right Wing writing.

The difference is stark. Imagine a Liberal poster with the creativity of Cirque du' Soleil and a Conservative poster represented by Wrestlemania.

The more educated you are the more you feel you're better than those around you....which makes you more liberal
I would say it's more a matter of satisfaction and contentment. It's your frustration with your life that leads to your anger and resentment.

'Why educated people are more Liberal'

This is a Fake News Liberal Propaganda-Pushing snowflake claim. This is part of their self-deluded brainwashing that they are part of a vastly superior 'master race', smarter, more intelligent than everyone else, knows better than everyone else, are more qualified to tell everyone else how they should live than the people themselves.... Much like Hitler convinced the German people of prior to WWII.

Of course, despite their claims, the contrary is proven whenever they open their mouths or post on-line...and when their intellect is proven wanting, when their claims of fact are proven to be nothing more than opinion, they resort to personal attacks...the tell-tale sign of Intellectual INFERIORITY / Defeat.

ANyone with a brain.

I already did.

When the status quo is so bad that it is literally killing your people, a little chaos, or even a LOT of chaos, as the price of even attempted change is a price a reasonable person would be happy to pay.

And yes, for you people to dismiss economic pain great enough to cause a decline in life expectancy is you being ignorant assholes, regardless of how many degrees you may or may not have.

ANyone with a brain.

I'm sure that's it.

Way to dismiss economic pain great enough that it is literally killing your fellow Americans.

And you wonder why we don't care about your complaints.

ANyone with a brain.

I'm sure that's it.

Way to dismiss economic pain great enough that it is literally killing your fellow Americans.

Who and what are you referring to?

Liberals and religious people are parrots who do not even know how to think and reason.

That is why liberals really hate questions like

Why, during the past million years, did Greenland freeze while North America thawed, all at the same time on the same planet with the same atmosphere with the same amount of CO2 in the atmosphere???

ANyone with a brain.

I'm sure that's it.

I assumed that your , "I'm sure that's it" was sarcasm, thus YOU were the one dismissing the pain causing the decline in life spans.

"we" was a reference to us Trump voters.

You don't care about us suffering and dying and we don't care about your complaints.

ANyone with a brain.

I'm sure that's it.

I assumed that your , "I'm sure that's it" was sarcasm, thus YOU were the one dismissing the pain causing the decline in life spans.

"we" was a reference to us Trump voters.

You don't care about us suffering and dying and we don't care about your complaints.
You assume cause and effect. You speciously tie a statistic about declining life expectancy directly with policy. Could it be there are more factors to consider?

Then, armed with specious logic you dismiss the chaos wrought by a political neophyte and boor.

This is why more educated people are Liberals. We have the ability to use critical thinking skills to avoid the pitfalls of false logic.

Forum List

Back