Why educated people are more Liberal

ANyone with a brain.

And not surprisingly when "confronted with bleak prospects" we voted for change, without concern for whether it might be "chaotic".

That "Educated" people think that the reason is that Trump voters were stupid, shows that those "educated" people are ignorant assholes.

I'm sure that's it.

Way to dismiss economic pain great enough that it is literally killing your fellow Americans.

And you wonder why we don't care about your complaints.

Who and what are you referring to?

I assumed that your , "I'm sure that's it" was sarcasm, thus YOU were the one dismissing the pain causing the decline in life spans.

"we" was a reference to us Trump voters.

You don't care about us suffering and dying and we don't care about your complaints.
You assume cause and effect. You speciously tie a statistic about declining life expectancy directly with policy. Could it be there are more factors to consider?

Then, armed with specious logic you dismiss the chaos wrought by a political neophyte and boor.

This is why more educated people are Liberals. We have the ability to use critical thinking skills to avoid the pitfalls of false logic.

If you read the article, they discuss the factors driving the decline in life span, and they are cause of death that are increased by economic stress.

There is also a reference to other studies that have addressed that.

Though proof positive in unlikely to be found in a Real World setting with a world of uncontrolled variables, the conclusion that this is driven by economic pain is

NOT "specious" and gives a very strong and valid reason for the voting of the "less educated".

Your resistance to this idea is driven by YOUR emotional need to dismiss countering viewpoints.

I want to be clear. Most Trump voters did not read this article.

They have been LIVING IT, and thus wanted change.

Rightfully so.

You are wrong to disparage them for that.

The more educated you are the more you feel you're better than those around you....which makes you more liberal

Spot on. I'm new here, admit I haven't read the thread. Liberals constantly brag about how educated they are, as if this equates with intelligence. Laughably their arrogant posts are usually full of bad grammar and inaccuracies. As soon as you prove them wrong about something they slope off with a sniggering remark of how they beat your argument, then block you from replying. The pigeon on the chessboard quote is so true.

So yes, Liberals are more educated, but Conservatives are far more intelligent.

I'm sure that's it.

Way to dismiss economic pain great enough that it is literally killing your fellow Americans.

I assumed that your , "I'm sure that's it" was sarcasm, thus YOU were the one dismissing the pain causing the decline in life spans.

You don't care about us suffering and dying and we don't care about your complaints.
You assume cause and effect. You speciously tie a statistic about declining life expectancy directly with policy. Could it be there are more factors to consider?

Then, armed with specious logic you dismiss the chaos wrought by a political neophyte and boor.

This is why more educated people are Liberals. We have the ability to use critical thinking skills to avoid the pitfalls of false logic.

If you read the article, they discuss the factors driving the decline in life span, and they are cause of death that are increased by economic stress.

Though proof positive in unlikely to be found in a Real World setting with a world of uncontrolled variables, the conclusion that this is driven by economic pain is

NOT "specious" and gives a very strong and valid reason for the voting of the "less educated".

Your resistance to this idea is driven by YOUR emotional need to dismiss countering viewpoints.

Rightfully so.

I am disparaging them for not taking into consideration the character, or lack there of, of Donald Trump. I am disparaging them for not learning history. History has shown that when a person not versed in national politics, lacking coalition building skills and harboring a stubborn, righteous personality is placed in the White House, policy agendas fail. The government faulters and gridlock ensues. Nothing is accomplished and malaise reigns.

That history was written in 1976, yet forgotten in 2016.

Trump voters may have been desperate for a change, but that change comes at too high a price.

Rightfully so.

I am disparaging them for not taking into consideration the character, or lack there of, of Donald Trump. I am disparaging them for not learning history. History has shown that when a person not versed in national politics, lacking coalition building skills and harboring a stubborn, righteous personality is placed in the White House, policy agendas fail. The government faulters and gridlock ensues. Nothing is accomplished and malaise reigns.

Trump voters may have been desperate for a change, but that change comes at too high a price.

1. HIs character was less important than his policies. ANd far less bab then his critics pretend.

2. I would rather his pro-Middle American Agenda fail, then Hillary's anti-Middle America agenda succeed.

3. The price has been insignificant so far. Some hysteria from the Left. That is on the Left, not Trump.

Rightfully so.

1. HIs character was less important than his policies. ANd far less bab then his critics pretend.

2. I would rather his pro-Middle American Agenda fail, then Hillary's anti-Middle America agenda succeed.

3. The price has been insignificant so far. Some hysteria from the Left. That is on the Left, not Trump.
His character was a red flag! He disparaged POWs, women, Muslims, immigrants, judges, the disabled, minorities and anyone with enough gumption to criticize him. These are not sterling qualities of leadership.

His middle America agenda was to dissolve trade agreements and plunge us into an inflationary trade war with China. What, precisely was Sec. Clinton's "anti-middle America agenda?

The price paid thus far has been a chaotic administration with senior aides leaving as fast as D list celebrities left his reality game show. Allegations of collusion with Russia over the election process, tacit endorsements of white supremacy and deteriorating relationships with our staunchest allies. All in seven month's time.

Hmm...so whites have the same problems as other races when faced with bleak prospects.
Who knew? :dunno:

ANyone with a brain.

And not surprisingly when "confronted with bleak prospects" we voted for change, without concern for whether it might be "chaotic".

That "Educated" people think that the reason is that Trump voters were stupid, shows that those "educated" people are ignorant assholes.

I'm sure that's it.

What are you talking about? It reads like lunatic ramblings. Who's suffering and dying?

Rightfully so.

His character was a red flag! He disparaged POWs, women, Muslims, immigrants, judges, the disabled, minorities and anyone with enough gumption to criticize him. These are not sterling qualities of leadership.

Bullshit and lies. They didn't work in the election. They won't work now.

His middle America agenda was to dissolve trade agreements and plunge us into an inflationary trade war with China. What, precisely was Sec. Clinton's "anti-middle America agenda?

There is no excuse for our absurd trade imbalance. Hillary wanted to continue it. That was anti-Middle America.

The price paid thus far has been a chaotic administration with senior aides leaving as fast as D list celebrities left his reality game show. Allegations of collusion with Russia over the election process, tacit endorsements of white supremacy and deteriorating relationships with our staunchest allies. All in seven month's time.

1. Senior aids? Don't care.

2. Unproven allegations? Don't care.

3. Your lies about white supremacy are noted and held against you.

4. If our allies are that offended over what? That we want fair trade? Then they were never our allies. Fuck them.

ANyone with a brain.

I'm sure that's it.

What are you talking about? It reads like lunatic ramblings. Who's suffering and dying?

Decline in life span caused by early deaths. White people.

That was in the link you responded to, and then cut from this thread.

Maybe you shouldn't cut stuff if you can't remember it.

I'm sure that's it.

WTH does that have to do with liberals and education?
If anything, it shows the need for more people to seek an education.

Why is it suddenly a problem for you now that it's white people experiencing this?
This has been the case for minorities my entire lifetime. Get over yourself.
It's conservatives that rail against the poor, refuse to raise wages and want to remove access to health insurance. Your argument is not only disingenuous but dumb.

Why is it suddenly a problem for you now that it's white people experiencing this?
It's conservatives that rail against the poor, refuse to raise wages and want to remove access to health insurance. Your argument is not only disingenuous but dumb.

I brought it up in response to an arrogant poster who dismissed the reasons of Trump voters as foolish.

Trump voters have been experiencing real pain and voted for change.

YOur lack of understanding of opposing viewpoints is on you, not me.

YOur dismissal of white suffering because "minorities" is you being a racist.

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different

Because brainwashing of young people in our communist halls of learning is effective.

Rightfully so.

Bullshit and lies. They didn't work in the election. They won't work now.

There is no excuse for our absurd trade imbalance. Hillary wanted to continue it. That was anti-Middle America.

1. Senior aids? Don't care.

2. Unproven allegations? Don't care.

3. Your lies about white supremacy are noted and held against you.

4. If our allies are that offended over what? That we want fair trade? Then they were never our allies. Fuck them.
And with that myopic outlook you can go marching proudly along with Trump and his minions.

The rest of us are under no obligation to follow.

Last edited:
From my experience on this forum libs are the least educated people in the country and that makes them easy to manipulate by Deep State puppeteers.

Their "education" in reality is just propaganda based on ZERO historical facts.

Educated people would not destroy over 100 y.o. statues just because somebody told them "they are bad".

^ This

USMB, for one, has done more to let the Left destroy the notion of the "Liberal Intellectual Elite" than any Republican dared to dream. The daily self-pwnage is beyond human comprehension.

From my experience on this forum libs are the least educated people in the country and that makes them easy to manipulate by Deep State puppeteers.

Their "education" in reality is just propaganda based on ZERO historical facts.

Educated people would not destroy over 100 y.o. statues just because somebody told them "they are bad".

^ This

USMB, for one, has done more to let the Left destroy the notion of the "Liberal Intellectual Elite" than any Republican dared to dream. The daily self-pwnage is beyond human comprehension.
Truer words were never spoken.

Don't worry, internet giants are working over time to silence us. I've been banned from 3 disqus discussions in as many days, the second I post there. I'm eloquent and I support my argument, and they know me as soon as a post and ban me.

I brought it up in response to an arrogant poster who dismissed the reasons of Trump voters as foolish.

It is foolish. I can't be a racist against my own race, dope.

It is foolish. I can't be a racist against my own race, dope.
Sure you can, if you're mentally ill.
As all useful idiots are, ultimately.

koshergirl thinks my question is "funny" but won't attempt to answer it.

Try this, princess. Go to Hawaii and ask elder native Hawaiians if their islands are sinking....

The Marshalls are down more than a foot over the past 30+ years.

The two versions of the TV show Hawaii 5-0 are both filmed at the same beach, 50 years apart, and the ocean level is THE SAME...

Forum List

Back