Why educated people are more Liberal

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

You have probably done it in the past yourself.
I haven't that I can remember. But it is true.
It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.

Educated =|= intelligent

And liberals being smarter that conservatives, unless I have missed the mark, is the OP's point.

You misse
Thus proving that Universities are Prog Reprogramming Camps.

Duh.

So you prefer conservatives remain steadfast in their refusal of higher learning so as to not tip the scales toward liberals?

Who's refusing higher learning? Just refusing the B.S. mantra that liberals a smarter.

This is an instance where an English degree might be a benefit.

How so?

Exactly.

Mkaaaaaaaaaaaay.....

As someone in their mid 50s I will say that going to college did make me somewhat more liberal on many social issues. Of course when I say liberal I'm speaking of classical liberal, I find what I'm hearing coming from many college campuses today is anything but. Sadly many educational institutions have become leftist echo chambers. There is a difference between classical liberals and leftists. Classical liberals believe in the idea "I may not agree with what you have to say but will defend your right to say it". Leftists do not.
:clap2:

Yep, that's the most glaring difference between real liberals and the Regressive Leftists.

Last edited:
One aspect of higher education is the understanding/learning of logic and rationality. Also cause and effect. Also learned is the why do lessor educated people fall for cults and propaganda.
Learning common sense is not done at college. Sorry you fail. Parents are the ones that are supposed to pass that on to their children. The state is not responsible to teach children not to piss on their own feet.
You are claiming I said something and I did not say anything about common sense. You must have common sense to attain a higher education, IE: IQ.
Now I am positive you are totally full of shit (are your eyes brown). I had an aunt that had a 215 score, she graduated high school a fifteen and went on to college. She was an adorable lady without a lick of common sense.

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

You have probably done it in the past yourself.
I haven't that I can remember. But it is true.
It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.
Actually they have ran conservative teachers out with all the crap. This was done with organizational skills (a lot of that was funded by NAMBLA members- I know this as I tracked it years ago when I wanted to know what queers in the schools were up to and I am certain that the dirty nasty ass professors types like the ones who wanted me to be in charge of their whores whom they got involved in whoring through their student body at the college surely paid in for their cause to get conservative christians tossed and replaced too, many years ago almost went for a degree myself and I also knew some other professors that lived down the road back years ago) As most can see today it is all falling apart, rapidly I might add. It all needs a good house cleaning.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

So know you don't trust universities because you think they are full of pedophiles. Wow.
Thinking and knowing that they have more than their fair share are two different issues.

This is how open minded the modern liberal is to new ideas.

Berkley-milo-riots.jpg

Let's just be honest... the far left liberals are very empathetic, to an extreme, whereas most far right conservatives are extremely selfish. The rest of the people lie on a line somewhere between.

Liberals believe in a healthy society through making sure that everyone gets a piece of the pie, while conservatives think the only ones that deserve a piece of the pie are those that can TAKE it for themselves (even when some of those with the largest pieces just were born into the situation and never earned it), and the rest can die off for all they care. When you take either belief to an extreme it is unhealthy.

What you just did there was show that you are unable to understand how anyone can disagree with you, without envisioning them as evil or stupid.

That is the exact opposite of an open mind or empathy.

One aspect of higher education is the understanding/learning of logic and rationality. Also cause and effect. Also learned is the why do lessor educated people fall for cults and propaganda.
Learning common sense is not done at college. Sorry you fail. Parents are the ones that are supposed to pass that on to their children. The state is not responsible to teach children not to piss on their own feet.
You are claiming I said something and I did not say anything about common sense. You must have common sense to attain a higher education, IE: IQ.
Now I am positive you are totally full of shit (are your eyes brown). I had an aunt that had a 215 score, she graduated high school a fifteen and went on to college. She was an adorable lady without a lick of common sense.

Your Aunt is Dark Fury?

Is she on this list?

The 40 smartest people of all time

Duh.

So you prefer conservatives remain steadfast in their refusal of higher learning so as to not tip the scales toward liberals?

First: I reject your premise that conservatives are steadfast in refusing higher learning.

Second: I reject your premise that much of what takes places on university campuses is actually higher learning (cf., Evergreen).

Third: Prog-Lefties are doing just fine in destroying themselves via their cannibal-cabal identity politics biggest victim competition.

;)

Duh.
So says someone who's only contact with a university is driving by one once..

You couldn't be farther from reality.

He can't imagine how anyone with any education can think differently then him.

And he still thinks that he is open minded.

Oh.teh.irony

Please learn the proper usages of "than" and "then".

Let's just be honest... the far left liberals are very empathetic, to an extreme, whereas most far right conservatives are extremely selfish. The rest of the people lie on a line somewhere between.

Liberals believe in a healthy society through making sure that everyone gets a piece of the pie, while conservatives think the only ones that deserve a piece of the pie are those that can TAKE it for themselves (even when some of those with the largest pieces just were born into the situation and never earned it), and the rest can die off for all they care. When you take either belief to an extreme it is unhealthy.

What you just did there was show that you are unable to understand how anyone can disagree with you, without envisioning them as evil or stupid.

When you take any idea to it's extreme edges it is unhealthy. I have never represented myself to be on either end of the spectrum. You just tried to pass judgment on my personal feelings when my post showed zero of that.

Funny thing is... I just had a discussion with a fellow Grad Student yesterday about how it seemed that several of the Doctors in the department were propagating extreme Liberal beliefs. One Professor even made the comment that she wouldn't label herself as a Marxist because he was left enough. But he is a second year Grad student and said that despite their beliefs, they still held an open mind in discussion.

Duh.

Oh.teh.irony

Well, thanks, but I'm not the one claiming superiority because of my education.

So, not irony.

Duh.

Oh.teh.irony

So, not irony.

I'm not claiming superiority, bub. Only insecure people feel the need to do that.

Duh.

Oh.teh.irony

So, not irony.

I don't know about that, you have bragged about your education before... and this isn't even rocket science. :lmao:

When you take any idea to it's extreme edges it is unhealthy. I have never represented myself to be on either end of the spectrum. You just tried to pass judgment on my personal feelings when my post showed zero of that.

Funny thing is... I just had a discussion with a fellow Grad Student yesterday about how it seemed that several of the Doctors in the department were propagating extreme Liberal beliefs. One Professor even made the comment that she wouldn't label herself as a Marxist because he was left enough. But he is a second year Grad student and said that despite their beliefs, they still held an open mind in discussion.

Your incredibly biased view of conservatives shows that you are quite extreme on the Left.

Your Aunt is Dark Fury?

Is she on this list?

The 40 smartest people of all time
She passed away years ago. Some people with genius minds do not cope well in this world of idiocracy. There are many you will never hear about.

Your incredibly biased view of conservatives shows that you are quite extreme on the Left.

Wrong. As you usually are. I just said that being extremely empathetic is a bad thing too.

Forum List

Back