Why educated people are more Liberal

Just going back to some of your bs....

I've not said one "BS" thing in this thread.

Fact is, on average, as people advance in degrees they make more money over their lifetime.

Fact, you can't become a certified tradesman without passing a test to prove your knowledge.

Fact, you can't become a member of a trade union without getting certified and still passing THEIR requirements of apprenticeship.

Fact, there is no educational requirement to get elected to public office, including President.

So... where is the argument?

Fact, affluent communities and neighborhoods are populated by highly educated people.
Oh well us land owners don't always have those degrees.... but we do own our own land.

Great.
What does that have to do with my point?

The point is that an education is not as worthless as many on here are attempting to portray. I understand why people don't go or don't feel like they can go on to get a higher education. That's why I'm an advocate for tuition free public universities. I would have no problem paying taxes into that just as I do for my local school district if it meant everyone had access.

My arrogance on this issue is directed at the attitudes and not the people.
I have a problem paying extra taxes to send functional idiots to college.

Obviously the requirements for applicants would remain the same. What if it didn't only apply to public universities but to tech schools and other trade programs as well.

Thus proving that Universities are Prog Reprogramming Camps.

Duh.

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

You have probably done it in the past yourself.
I haven't that I can remember. But it is true.
It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.

NOne of that is true.

Liberals are less open minded, when it comes to different viewpoints, as has been demonstrated in academic studies.

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.
Actually they have ran conservative teachers out with all the crap. This was done with organizational skills (a lot of that was funded by NAMBLA members- I know this as I tracked it years ago when I wanted to know what queers in the schools were up to and I am certain that the dirty nasty ass professors types like the ones who wanted me to be in charge of their whores whom they got involved in whoring through their student body at the college surely paid in for their cause to get conservative christians tossed and replaced too, many years ago almost went for a degree myself and I also knew some other professors that lived down the road back years ago) As most can see today it is all falling apart, rapidly I might add. It all needs a good house cleaning.

You can bet every conservative will rant and wail about how smart they all are. It has little to do with America as well. Human beings that are less educated are far more likely to believe in deities, myths, ghosts, bigfoot, alien abduction, and are far more susceptible to being drawn into a cult of personality. The less educated you are when someone comes along that 'appears' to be far smarter than you and promises you the world, ignorance takes over and these people follow the snake oil salesman very easily.

Around the world whenever an authoritarian conservative faction gains power the first thing the do is kill all the professors and academics. They are scared of knowledge and prefer a population of sheep. North Korea is the most glaring example right now but human population in all countries break down into similar demographics.NASCAR requires people to watch cars go around in circle for two hours. Thinking is not required.

Last edited:

Educated =|= intelligent

NOne of that is true.

Liberals are less open minded, when it comes to different viewpoints, as has been demonstrated in academic studies.
Ever hear of " liberal arts?"
Of course you haven't.
Orange anus: I love my uneducated base. ( shrinking by the day)

I've not said one "BS" thing in this thread.

Fact is, on average, as people advance in degrees they make more money over their lifetime.

Fact, you can't become a certified tradesman without passing a test to prove your knowledge.

Fact, you can't become a member of a trade union without getting certified and still passing THEIR requirements of apprenticeship.

Fact, there is no educational requirement to get elected to public office, including President.

So... where is the argument?

Fact, affluent communities and neighborhoods are populated by highly educated people.
Oh well us land owners don't always have those degrees.... but we do own our own land.

Great.
What does that have to do with my point?

The point is that an education is not as worthless as many on here are attempting to portray. I understand why people don't go or don't feel like they can go on to get a higher education. That's why I'm an advocate for tuition free public universities. I would have no problem paying taxes into that just as I do for my local school district if it meant everyone had access.

My arrogance on this issue is directed at the attitudes and not the people.
I have a problem paying extra taxes to send functional idiots to college.

Obviously the requirements for applicants would remain the same. What if it didn't only apply to public universities but to tech schools and other trade programs as well.
Obviously we have too many functional idiots with degrees already in the system due to the liberal policies in place.

You can bet every conservative will rant and wail about how smart they all are. It has little to do with America as well. Human beings that are less educated are far more likely to believe in deities, myths, ghosts, bigfoot, alien abduction, and are far more susceptible to being drawn into a cult of personality. The less educated you are when someone comes along that 'appears' to be far smarter than you and promises you the world ignorance takes over and these people follow the snake oil salesman very easily.

Around the world whenever an authoritarian conservative faction gains power the first thing the do is kill all the professors and academics. They are scared of knowledge and prefer a population of sheep. North Korea is the most glaring example right now but human population in all countries break down into similar demographics.NASCAR required people to watch cars go around in circle for two hours. Thinking is not required.

Yet marxism is found almost exclusively in college campuses.

Which kind of destroys your post right there.

Educated =|= intelligent

NOne of that is true.

Ever hear of " liberal arts?"
Of course you haven't.
Orange anus: I love my uneducated base. ( shrinking by the day)

Coming from a time when the word "liberal" meant something very different than we see with liberals today.

To be a liberal is to have a closed mind. That is why they are violent when threatened by new ideas.

1) they have superiority complexes which leads them with the desire to control the lives of other people...

2) Their superiority complex makes them more racist...they believe they are superior to others including those of other races.

One aspect of higher education is the understanding/learning of logic and rationality. Also cause and effect. Also learned is the why do lessor educated people fall for cults and propaganda.

1) they have superiority complexes which leads them with the desire to control the lives of other people...

2) Their superiority complex makes them more racist...they believe they are superior to others including those of other races.

Exactly. This why they think women can't control themselves and as such they must have access to abortion, blacks can't get ID's and cant be held to as high standards and on and on.

One aspect of higher education is the understanding/learning of logic and rationality. Also cause and effect. Also learned is the why do lessor educated people fall for cults and propaganda.
Learning common sense is not done at college. Sorry you fail. Parents are the ones that are supposed to pass that on to their children. The state is not responsible to teach children not to piss on their own feet.

Learning common sense is not done at college. Sorry you fail. Parents are the ones that are supposed to pass that on to their children. The state is not responsible to teach children not to piss on their own feet.

Not to mention, how is an English degree going to teach logic and rationality?

You are claiming I said something and I did not say anything about common sense. You must have common sense to attain a higher education, IE: IQ.

Educated =|= intelligent

Educated =|= intelligent

And liberals being smarter that conservatives, unless I have missed the mark, is the OP's point.

You are claiming I said something and I did not say anything about common sense. You must have common sense to attain a higher education, IE: IQ.

Who is telling you these things?

Educated =|= intelligent

Actually they have ran conservative teachers out with all the crap. This was done with organizational skills (a lot of that was funded by NAMBLA members- I know this as I tracked it years ago when I wanted to know what queers in the schools were up to and I am certain that the dirty nasty ass professors types like the ones who wanted me to be in charge of their whores whom they got involved in whoring through their student body at the college surely paid in for their cause to get conservative christians tossed and replaced too, many years ago almost went for a degree myself and I also knew some other professors that lived down the road back years ago) As most can see today it is all falling apart, rapidly I might add. It all needs a good house cleaning.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

So know you don't trust universities because you think they are full of pedophiles. Wow.

Forum List

Back