Why educated people are more Liberal

Besides that, Perot was a Naval Academy graduate and did attend community college.
How much do those degrees cost long term and with interest is not included in your estimations.

Of course that depends on what school you go to... and if you get scholarships, grants, or have to take out loans.
Of course you did not include that in your bs why would you. People can teach themselves in a lot of places besides just youtube if they have the notion to do so. There are colleges with tons of information and course studies online if anyone takes the time to search it out but don't take my word for it check it out for your self.

What are you trying to argue now? I've already debunked everything said in this thread. No matter where or how you get your knowledge, you still have to PROVE IT through a test.

In fact there are many universities these days that give "Life Learning" credits.
Just going back to some of your bs....

I've not said one "BS" thing in this thread.

Fact is, on average, as people advance in degrees they make more money over their lifetime.

Fact, you can't become a certified tradesman without passing a test to prove your knowledge.

Fact, you can't become a member of a trade union without getting certified and still passing THEIR requirements of apprenticeship.

Fact, there is no educational requirement to get elected to public office, including President.

So... where is the argument?

How much do those degrees cost long term and with interest is not included in your estimations.

Of course that depends on what school you go to... and if you get scholarships, grants, or have to take out loans.
Of course you did not include that in your bs why would you. People can teach themselves in a lot of places besides just youtube if they have the notion to do so. There are colleges with tons of information and course studies online if anyone takes the time to search it out but don't take my word for it check it out for your self.

What are you trying to argue now? I've already debunked everything said in this thread. No matter where or how you get your knowledge, you still have to PROVE IT through a test.

In fact there are many universities these days that give "Life Learning" credits.

Fact is, on average, as people advance in degrees they make more money over their lifetime.

Fact, you can't become a certified tradesman without passing a test to prove your knowledge.

Fact, you can't become a member of a trade union without getting certified and still passing THEIR requirements of apprenticeship.

Fact, there is no educational requirement to get elected to public office, including President.

You started out at a and jump to z when you failed to have the knowledge. Recall that my opinion is worthless to you.

You started out at a and jump to z when you failed to have the knowledge. Recall that my opinion is worthless to you.

I have rebutted every one of your arguments.

I am not arguing with you dipshit but you don't know that now do you.

I am not arguing with you dipshit but you don't know that now do you.

Word. :afro:

Derp..derp.

Golly look how "educated" you are!!!!

Look how dopey your response is. You don't want access to a tuition free education for yourself or your children?

It isn't free.... somebody is paying for it.

No shit, professor.
It should be publicly funded.

Then you should have said that instead of going the "free shit for everyone" route.

Obviously that's how it would have to be done. It goes without saying.

I said they didn't have to have a degree to do so. I didn't say they could do it without knowledge.

There is NO difference between the two. You can't get either without furthering your knowledge. And that's the whole point. In both fields you still have to prove your knowledge with tests.

You can get knowledge without getting a degree. Therefore, there is a difference, BOY.

There is no difference, you still have to PROVE you have the knowledge. :rolleyes:

People can't just take your word for it.

But you don't have to get a degree to show that knowledge. That's the difference.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You still don't get it. You still have to pass a test to get a piece of paper to say you have the knowledge to do the job.

You still don't get it. You still don't have to get a degree to show that knowledge.

There is NO difference between the two. You can't get either without furthering your knowledge. And that's the whole point. In both fields you still have to prove your knowledge with tests.

You can get knowledge without getting a degree. Therefore, there is a difference, BOY.

There is no difference, you still have to PROVE you have the knowledge. :rolleyes:

But you don't have to get a degree to show that knowledge. That's the difference.

You still don't get it. You still have to pass a test to get a piece of paper to say you have the knowledge to do the job.

You still don't get it. You still don't have to get a degree to show that knowledge.

You still don't get it, the test is equivalent. No one just takes your word for it that you know wtf you are talking about and can do.

Fact, affluent communities and neighborhoods are populated by highly educated people.

You still don't get it, the test is equivalent. No one just takes your word for it that you know wtf you are talking about and can do.

A single test for certification isn't the same as a college degree.

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

Fact, affluent communities and neighborhoods are populated by highly educated people.
Oh well us land owners don't always have those degrees.... but we do own our own land.

Educated =|= intelligent

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

You have probably done it in the past yourself.

A single test for certification isn't the same as a college degree.
True. I can pass a lot of test with a few days lead time too...(I always figured if it is something is so simple a dummy like me can do that, others can do the same).. that doesn't mean I would be an expert in that given setting.

Oh well us land owners don't always have those degrees.... but we do own our own land.

Great.
What does that have to do with my point?

The point is that an education is not as worthless as many on here are attempting to portray. I understand why people don't go or don't feel like they can go on to get a higher education. That's why I'm an advocate for tuition free public universities. I would have no problem paying taxes into that just as I do for my local school district if it meant everyone had access.

My arrogance on this issue is directed at the attitudes and not the people.

Great.

The point is that an education is not as worthless as many on here are attempting to portray. I understand why people don't go or don't feel like they can go on to get a higher education. That's why I'm an advocate for tuition free public universities. I would have no problem paying taxes into that just as I do for my local school district if it meant everyone had access.

I see the same old argument of I'd pay more taxes . . . If you think it's such a good idea, why do you have to be told. There's a much easier way for you to prove you care. Pay the tuition of someone that can't afford it with your money and leave taxes out of it.

A degree in something that is worthless means what it took to get there is worthless. You can have all the knowledge in the world (i.e. - book smart) but if you can't apply it or use it, it's worth nothing. You can have your dream car but if you don't have the ability to put gas in it, the car is worthless to you.

Great.

I have a problem paying extra taxes to send functional idiots to college.

Educated =|= intelligent

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

You have probably done it in the past yourself.
I haven't that I can remember. But it is true.
It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.

Great.

I see the same old argument of I'd pay more taxes . . . If you think it's such a good idea, why do you have to be told. There's a much easier way for you to prove you care. Pay the tuition of someone that can't afford it with your money and leave taxes out of it.

A degree in something that is worthless means what it took to get there is worthless. You can have all the knowledge in the world (i.e. - book smart) but if you can't apply it or use it, it's worth nothing. You can have your dream car but if you don't have the ability to put gas in it, the car is worthless to you.

Why is my suggestion such a problem for you? You don't believe everyone would benefit from more education?

Forum List

Back