Why educated people are more Liberal

One aspect of higher education is the understanding/learning of logic and rationality. Also cause and effect. Also learned is the why do lessor educated people fall for cults and propaganda.
Learning common sense is not done at college. Sorry you fail. Parents are the ones that are supposed to pass that on to their children. The state is not responsible to teach children not to piss on their own feet.
You are claiming I said something and I did not say anything about common sense. You must have common sense to attain a higher education, IE: IQ.

Who is telling you these things?
I do not have anyone telling me anything. My knowledge is from reading and life experiences. Not to mention a couple of my grand children having graduated with degrees from 4 year colleges speak volumes in regards to a very good education.

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

You have probably done it in the past yourself.
I haven't that I can remember. But it is true.
It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.

NOne of that is true.

Liberals are less open minded, when it comes to different viewpoints, as has been demonstrated in academic studies.

Liberals are less open minded to nonsense.

Educated =|= intelligent

When I see college professors claiming milk is racist, thought is rape, and gender is a choice, I'm ok with the Dems being "educated".

Yep, that's the entirety of the university experience. No one comes out of the other end better than they entered.

That is the most often quoted stat to me when lefties try to claim the intellectual high ground. They quote me percentages of college professors who are democrats.

It's simple really. Most educators are more liberal minded simply because the nature of education is the process of opening minds over a broad range of subjects.
It goes without saying that liberals tend to be more open minded in general. It stands to reason then that those with higher levels of education tend to also be more liberal as well.

NOne of that is true.

Liberals are less open minded, when it comes to different viewpoints, as has been demonstrated in academic studies.

That's nonsense.

:eek:

Educated =|= intelligent

NOne of that is true.

And they decide that anything they disagree with must be "nonsense".

NOne of that is true.

Bingo. Which is why they aren't any smarter than right-wingers that do the same thing.

Let's just be honest... the far left liberals are very empathetic, to an extreme, whereas most far right conservatives are extremely selfish. The rest of the people lie on a line somewhere between.

Liberals believe in a healthy society through making sure that everyone gets a piece of the pie, while conservatives think the only ones that deserve a piece of the pie are those that can TAKE it for themselves (even when some of those with the largest pieces just were born into the situation and never earned it), and the rest can die off for all they care. When you take either belief to an extreme it is unhealthy.

Educated =|= intelligent

Educated =|= intelligent

And liberals being smarter that conservatives, unless I have missed the mark, is the OP's point.

You misse
Thus proving that Universities are Prog Reprogramming Camps.

Duh.

So you prefer conservatives remain steadfast in their refusal of higher learning so as to not tip the scales toward liberals?

Who's refusing higher learning? Just refusing the B.S. mantra that liberals a smarter.

This is an instance where an English degree might be a benefit.

How so?

Would it be impolite to point out that the only person I've heard recently consistently crow about his intelligence is President Trump?

He's President of The United States.
Non sequitur. The post I replied to said only Democrats tell people how smart they are. If being President is the same as being smart how do you explain Jimmy Carter or Gerald Ford?

Only stupid people think Ford or Carter were not smart --

Ford went to Michigan Law School -- One of the very best in the Country. He then went to Yale Law School for his JD. Again, one of the very best in the Country.

Jimmy Carter went to the US Naval Academy (and graduated 60th out of over 850 Seniors with an Engineering degree). He continued his education in nuclear physics at Georgia Tech and Schenectady.

When it comes to education, either one of those men make you look like you have the brains of an amoeba.

Which, quite frankly, is insulting to amoeba everywhere

NOne of that is true.

No.
Nonsense is nonsense. It's not my fault that you can't tell the difference.

It has been proven, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that Conservatives are FAR more generous than liberal scum.

Just a fact.

dimocraps are lying scum.

Educated =|= intelligent

And liberals being smarter that conservatives, unless I have missed the mark, is the OP's point.

You misse
Thus proving that Universities are Prog Reprogramming Camps.

Duh.

So you prefer conservatives remain steadfast in their refusal of higher learning so as to not tip the scales toward liberals?

Who's refusing higher learning? Just refusing the B.S. mantra that liberals a smarter.

This is an instance where an English degree might be a benefit.

How so?

Exactly.

NOne of that is true.

No.

Your closed minded opinions do not define reality.

That you don't know that is telling.

I'm not taking sides here, just posting these links as some interesting reading on why those with college degrees in America, Canada, and Europe tend to be more Liberal, and why the less educated tend to be more Conservative, also, why American's believe they control their own destiny, while those in other countries would prefer the state to play a larger role in their lives.

Whatever side of the partisan fence you are on, this might make some interesting reading.

Why the Most Educated Americans Vote Democratic

How the education gap is tearing politics apart | David Runciman

5 ways Americans and Europeans are different
Not smarter, you just drink wine.

Milwaukee's Best and Taaka

As someone in their mid 50s I will say that going to college did make me somewhat more liberal on many social issues. Of course when I say liberal I'm speaking of classical liberal, I find what I'm hearing coming from many college campuses today is anything but. Sadly many educational institutions have become leftist echo chambers. There is a difference between classical liberals and leftists. Classical liberals believe in the idea "I may not agree with what you have to say but will defend your right to say it". Leftists do not.

NOne of that is true.

No.

Of course it.... it would be pretty silly to say that nonsense is anything other than nonsense.

Forum List

Back