Why everyone (and I mean everyone) should listen to the Catholic Church

One word can make a big difference :(

I made a typo

meant to say

The traditional SSPX Catholic Church was once accused BY [not of] --I'll call it the--- St Francis (modern) Church of being in schizm... but it is the novus ordo Church that is in schism...

The SSPX is the real Catholic Church

Really isn't your business is it?
it absolutely IS my business

People not being Catholic are the reason for

high crime rate
high abortion rate (abortion rate should be Zero and would be if all were Catholic)

a catechized Catholic RIGHTLY fears Hell. Others do NOT

As a victim of various crimes, you damn right it's my flippin business

Listening to those one does not agree with has certain positive potentials.

Listening to those one does not agree with has certain positive potentials.
true. I become more Catholic (if that is possible) listening to Protestants... laugh

Is that what you mean? But seriously, I do learn a lot about... many things, including my own Faith, by listening to the beliefs of others

it absolutely IS my business

People not being Catholic are the reason for

high crime rate
high abortion rate (abortion rate should be Zero and would be if all were Catholic)

a catechized Catholic RIGHTLY fears Hell. Others do NOT

As a victim of various crimes, you damn right it's my flippin business

Grow up.
I have no fear of hell, Jesus has saved me.
I have no need of a go between me and the Father.
Mary deserves no worship.
No need of a Pope.
No need for repetitive Prayers or Beads.

Grow up.
No need of a Pope.
James 2:20 "You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?"

Luka Doncic practices the Christian faith. He plays PG for the Dallas Mavericks #4 and the team is gonna play the Phoenix Suns #1 tomorrow in game 7. He is really FIRED UP and BELIEVES the team is gonna win tomorrow in the deciding game. My team the Golden State Warriors made it to the Conference Finals tonight!!! woot!

Here's what happened so far...

Grow up.
No need of a Pope.
The situation is as if there were a great fresh water spring flowing freely in a valley and a group set up gates and passages to try to get those who wanted to access this blessing pay for it.

OK, if a person even suspects for a minute that a certain entity or institution speaks for Christ, it behooves such persons to pay attention, don't u think?

So there's that.

But here it is from the Man Himself:

"Whoever receives the one I send receives Me and whoever receives Me receives the One who sent Me" John 1316

so maybe you don't believe the RCC speaks for Christ? Well, you should realize that the Church began to be called Catholic (Greek for Universal) at least as far back as 107 AD ( as far back as extant writings go).

Then there's the fact that the RCC is the only Christian Church that goes back tht far

the only Church that continued to teach against artificial birth control, homosexuality and etc... ok, some other "churches" speak out against the latter but not the former.. and many teach that being "gay" isn't so bad, even ordain some of their gay pastors...
No thanks.

I don't listen to institutions that protects pedophiles. Nor do I listen to an institution that despite being one of the wealthiest businesses in the world with a net worth of over 1.5 TRILLION dollars and yet asks for 10% of peoples income.

No thanks.

I don't listen to institutions that protects pedophiles. Nor do I listen to an institution that despite being one of the wealthiest businesses in the world with a net worth of over 1.5 TRILLION dollars and yet asks for 10% of peoples income.
Good. I for one wouldn't want someone who lacked objectivity to be in the church.

No thanks.

"The Catholic Church is the largest and topmost Christian organization which has an estimated wealth of more than $30 billion as of 2022."

You're about 50 times too high on your estimate.

We don't ask for 10% of people's income, that would be your protestant denominations.

My favorite catholic quote of all time came from Pope John XXIII.

He was asked, "How many people work at the Vatican?"

His reply, "About half."

"The Catholic Church is the largest and topmost Christian organization which has an estimated wealth of more than $30 billion as of 2022."

You're about 50 times too high on your estimate.

We don't ask for 10% of people's income, that would be your protestant denominations.

OK, if a person even suspects for a minute that a certain entity or institution speaks for Christ, it behooves such persons to pay attention, don't u think?
But, as a Christian, I don't believe that at all.

Almost EVERYTHING that church teaches was borrowed from paganism. I call their teachings, "Christianized paganism."

You teach heaven.
Christ said, "no man has ascended in heaven"

You call your spiritual leaders "father."
Christ said, "call no man "father," for you have one Father who is in heaven.

You teach Sunday as the Sabbath
The Scriptures only call the 7th day the Sabbath.

You teach Christmas and Easter.
God commands the annual Holy Days

Grow up.
No need of a Pope.
all those things u list that you THINK the Church teaches but does not..

well, the ones you are not wrong about... repetitive prayers/beads... go-btwns...

Those things are what made me a Christian objectively speaking...

So if you don't want more Christians in the world, keep attacking what you THINK is Catholicism...

Most Protestants seem to do that...

But, as a Christian, I don't believe that at all.

Almost EVERYTHING that church teaches was borrowed from paganism. I call their teachings, "Christianized paganism."

You teach heaven.
Christ said, "no man has ascended in heaven"

You call your spiritual leaders "father."
Christ said, "call no man "father," for you have one Father who is in heaven.

You teach Sunday as the Sabbath
The Scriptures only call the 7th day the Sabbath.

You teach Christmas and Easter.
God commands the annual Holy Days
sorry but u caught me at a bad time... I no longer engage w/ Protestants bc I have found they do NOT listen to much of anything I say, if anything at all.. it's a very strange thing imo

how I try to explain and give Biblical sources for what Catholics believe but there is a huge WALL there and I am tired of banging my head against it. If you take a RCIA class at most Catholic Churches (free) you can ask all the Qs you want and get answers. I am worn out myself.. I guess if i was paid to teach such a class, I would have to overcome my weariness and fed-uppedness... but I'm not getting paid so I'll pass

Forum List

Back