Why forgive "student loans" and not all other loans? Why is Biden (democrats) so adamant about it?

I agree,, but the conditions of the PPP is they would be forgiven if all conditions are met,,

the conditions of the student loans were they would pay them back...

the PPP should have never happened, but since they did the only question is did they comply with those conditions,,

to teach young people that its OK to go back on their word is not common sense,,,

Pay your employee's with this money and you don't have to pay it back. What a sweetheart deal. The taxpayers paying the cost of business for private employers.

Pay your employee's with this money and you don't have to pay it back. What a sweetheart deal. The taxpayers paying the cost of business for private employers.
should have never happened,,, but that was the conditions of the loan,,,

student loan conditions are to pay them back........

US students are the most in debt in the world leaving college...

Other societies (i.e. countries) think it is their responsibility to raise the next generation, US somehow has taken a very myopic view of this.
The main reason we train the next generation to prosper is because it ensures our own old age. It also follows our ideals...

Having education as a commodity just makes it part of the class system.. Therefore I was educated because my parents were wealthy enough to pay for it , now I can pay for my kids to do the same...
A continual cycle, of educated class over non educated class... And we are not talking just getting a 3rd level degree, it has to be the right degree from the right college... A school tie club...

Then lets compare that to Europe... I will used Ireland as an example, but there are similarities. In Europe entry to university is done through transparent grading and offering... So you do state exams on various subjects (some mandatory, some optional), you then get points for your results e.g. A =100, B=80.... Add you first 6 subjects and that is how many points you got... Through supply and demand the highest points for each course is offered...

Then the course is effectively free or relatively small charge... The best and brightest are doing the course and not the ones that can afford it (as a qualifier).. No bullshit scholarship, it is a right and you can sue in court if not offered your place (never heard anyone needing too)...

So EU are looking for their best and then giving them the best opportunity to succeed... Students know it is them and not their parents that get the best colleges... Private Colleges are crap because they are for kids who weren't smart enough in the first place...

I agree,, but the conditions of the PPP is they would be forgiven if all conditions are met,,

the conditions of the student loans were they would pay them back...

the PPP should have never happened, but since they did the only question is did they comply with those conditions,,

to teach young people that its OK to go back on their word is not common sense,,,
Lets not forget though that the government made the PPP loans necessary because they forced so many business to close during covid. I feel everyone should pay their loans back but I will cut the PPP people a little slack as they were put in that position by the stupid decisions made by the governmet.

What's different about a "student loan" over any other loan?

Easy.
How to get votes the Democratic Party way. Volume 1

1) Create a problem. - In this case... get the government involved with student loans. Open up those loans to anyone. Especially low income and minorities. Ability to pay is irrelevant.
2) Grow the problem. Let's also include the costs of room and board, so we can loan more. And more and more.
3) Once the problem is expansive and reaching a critical mass - be the solution. Be the hero. Without your solution they are trapped. Make them believe that the problem was created by someone else, demonize them and rally them around you.
4) Watch the votes come in.

Other societies (i.e. countries) think it is their responsibility to raise the next generation, US somehow has taken a very myopic view of this.
The main reason we train the next generation to prosper is because it ensures our own old age. It also follows our ideals...

Having education as a commodity just makes it part of the class system.. Therefore I was educated because my parents were wealthy enough to pay for it , now I can pay for my kids to do the same...
A continual cycle, of educated class over non educated class... And we are not talking just getting a 3rd level degree, it has to be the right degree from the right college... A school tie club...

Then lets compare that to Europe... I will used Ireland as an example, but there are similarities. In Europe entry to university is done through transparent grading and offering... So you do state exams on various subjects (some mandatory, some optional), you then get points for your results e.g. A =100, B=80.... Add you first 6 subjects and that is how many points you got... Through supply and demand the highest points for each course is offered...

Then the course is effectively free or relatively small charge... The best and brightest are doing the course and not the ones that can afford it (as a qualifier).. No bullshit scholarship, it is a right and you can sue in court if not offered your place (never heard anyone needing too)...

So EU are looking for their best and then giving them the best opportunity to succeed... Students know it is them and not their parents that get the best colleges... Private Colleges are crap because they are for kids who weren't smart enough in the first place...

We can afford to pay a QB to play for the college team but we continue to get the future scientists, teachers, etc further and further into debt.

did you notice how tuition costs went way up once the government started backing student loans??

Lets not forget though that the government made the PPP loans necessary because they forced so many business to close during covid. I feel everyone should pay their loans back but I will cut the PPP people a little slack as they were put in that position by the stupid decisions made by the governmet.

The loans were to keep people working, not to pay them to stay home.

In a shorter version of the reason why is because it's a mindset of "habitat is more important than individual humanity"

Because without a proper environment for people to thrive within, mankind will not exist.
So...

Without a stable banking system businesses can't do business and the economy collapses.
Without a stable economy people can't have jobs to pay loans or buy houses or food.

We, the people come last to bail out.

Why do poor and working class right wingers get upset when they hear about the average guy getting a break for a change? There's always big giveaways to the very wealthy corporations from the republican politicians and presidents. Even that trump character acting like he was for the little guy. The only ones he benefited were himself, his family, and the very wealthy who benefited from his tax breaks.

Forum List

Back