Why forgive "student loans" and not all other loans? Why is Biden (democrats) so adamant about it?

What's different about a "student loan" over any other loan?
The student loan program is, arguably, government-sponsored, predatory lending. I think Dems see the injustice in the program, but they can't bring themselves to end it. They just want to compensate the victims.

FREE MONEY!!!!!

I never blamed the SCOTUS in any instance. I am pointing out the massive hypocrisy of so many.

Wheres the hypocrisy? In one instance the law was followed (PPP). In the other it wasn’t (Student loan forgiveness) and so the court ruled accordingly. This ridiculous idea that we should just wipe away this debt that these people voluntarily entered into because it’s hard for them is ludicrous. Is a home mortgage easier to manage? Should the government step in and pay for my Lambo? The reality is this issue is a loser or the Ds would have passed it when they held both houses of Congress and Joe was in the WH to sign the bill. Ironically this admin wants to buy thee votes without paying for them.

Wheres the hypocrisy? In one instance the law was followed (PPP). In the other it wasn’t (Student loan forgiveness) and so the court ruled accordingly. This ridiculous idea that we should just wipe away this debt that these people voluntarily entered into because it’s hard for them is ludicrous. Is a home mortgage easier to manage? Should the government step in and pay for my Lambo? The reality is this issue is a loser or the Ds would have passed it when they held both houses of Congress and Joe was in the WH to sign the bill. Ironically this admin wants to buy thee votes without paying for them.

FREE MONEY!!! Screw the debt. Taxpayers should be on the hook for private industries costs I suppose.

FREE MONEY!!! Screw the debt. Taxpayers should be on the hook for private industries costs I suppose.
Taxpayers being on the hook for private industries costs is quite common. Just ask the floor sweeper who pays a higher tax rate than the multi-billion dollar company they work for.

Taxpayers being on the hook for private industries costs is quite common. Just ask the floor sweeper who pays a higher tax rate than the multi-billion dollar company they work for.

Indeed. Some think that's a good thing it seems.

In other areas they pretend to be capitalists.

Well, if the floor sweeper started his own business and purchased a work truck, possibly a floor buffer and any other equipment, he could write them off as expenses. In turn he could pay a lower tax rate.

Well, if the floor sweeper started his own business and purchased a work truck, possibly a floor buffer and any other equipment, he could write them off as expenses. In turn he could pay a lower tax rate.

Always with the excuses. It's part of the reason we are $31 trillion in debt.

You think better educated people don't improve our society? Really?
depend on what you mean improve,,,

they sure arent the ones providing a functioning society,,
most colleges jobs arent needed for that,,

when was the last time a college grad fixed a toilet or built a house??

Guessing pknopp disagrees because he doesn't know any better.

depend on what you mean improve,,,

they sure arent the ones providing a functioning society,,
most colleges jobs arent needed for that,,

when was the last time a college grad fixed a toilet or built a house??

Just to note......even the plumber is educated.

And if he was paid a living wage, he might be able to afford to do that.

Forum List

Back