Why has "COMPROMISE" become a dirty word to Republican Conservatives?

We are the wealthiest country on earth....how can we be broke?

By any standard of measurement, when one owes $17 Trillion dollars, one is definitely BROKE.

debt-and-gdp-main6.png

So???

BIG NUMBERS SHOULDN'T SCARE YOU BUBBA.

Hint ECONOMISTS measure it via percentage of GDP, think the US was "broke" after WW2 also?

Besides hate talk radio and Faux Entertainment, you ever hear anyone today worried about the debt created since Reagan/Dubya gutted taxes (revenues)??

Yes, UNLESS we get back to where Carter/Clinton had US (basically 20% of GDP), there IS a problem, but UNTIL we completely get out of the Dubya/GOP hole they dug US into, it's not much concern!

After WW II we didn't have huge unfunded liabilities like SS and Medicare.

Please explain how Social Security is "unfunded" - because Social Security is the largest holder of U.S. debt (almost $3 trillion) - even larger than China and Japan. In other words - Social Security pays its own way and does not rely on government funding.

The Real Owner of the U.S. Debt Will Surprise You

Last edited:

By any standard of measurement, when one owes $17 Trillion dollars, one is definitely BROKE.

debt-and-gdp-main6.png

So???

Hint ECONOMISTS measure it via percentage of GDP, think the US was "broke" after WW2 also?

Besides hate talk radio and Faux Entertainment, you ever hear anyone today worried about the debt created since Reagan/Dubya gutted taxes (revenues)??

Yes, UNLESS we get back to where Carter/Clinton had US (basically 20% of GDP), there IS a problem, but UNTIL we completely get out of the Dubya/GOP hole they dug US into, it's not much concern!

Those things that are SUPPOSED to be pay as you go until Ronnie "saved SS by having almost $2.8 trillion go into the "trust fund' which hid the REAL costs of his tax cuts for the rich, which NOW must be paid back?

NO SERIOUS ECONOMIST is worried about either funding of those programs. Yep tweaks need to be made and H/C needs to be turned into UHC like EVERY other industrialized nation in the world!

You forgot print...
Printed paper is good for fire starter... That about it.

Hashtag the country is broke

debt-and-gdp-main6.png

So???

I'm not an economist. Many economists claim that when hit $24 Trillion, we are in deep dodo. Another thing you should consider. Soon we will only have two taxpayers paying for the benefits and entitlements of another. Something has to change,

Obama should be laying face down on a beach. Obamacare is getting easier to repeal every day with the failures in insurers.

Keep telling yourself that....Obamacare will fail any day now, any day now
It is failing. It's being held together with propaganda. Exchanges are failing everywhere, and it's going to eventually be gone just like Obama.
10 million are actively using it and will lynch Republicans if they try to take away their healthcare

Republican gloom and doom predictions about Obamacare never came true did they?
300 million people hate it. I think they can take on the 10 million ticks who like it.
Everyone who works and pays insurance premiums hates it, and that's a heck of a lot. Typical leftist agenda. Punish the working class.

That's a lie you made up in your little teeny brain

Tax, print, spend and borrow.
========

Yes the Democratic party = Tax and Spend ( otherwise known as Pay as You Go or " personal responsibilitity " )

Republican Party = Deadbeat Party that refuses to pay any taxes to pay the bills for the wars they started. They push the bills onto your children and grandchildren to pay + INTEREST because they refuse to pay more taxes to pay their bills.
You forgot print...

You ever hear of a fiscal gap?? We owe many, many times more than we could ever pay back... In fact there is not enough wealth in the history of the world to cover what is owed on debt and UNFUNDED LIABILITYS.

Embrace the suck

Hardly. We are just lazy

We are unwilling to require the needed tax rate and spending limits

Our GDP is till healthy and we have untapped assets

Keep telling yourself that....Obamacare will fail any day now, any day now
It is failing. It's being held together with propaganda. Exchanges are failing everywhere, and it's going to eventually be gone just like Obama.
10 million are actively using it and will lynch Republicans if they try to take away their healthcare

Republican gloom and doom predictions about Obamacare never came true did they?
300 million people hate it. I think they can take on the 10 million ticks who like it.
Everyone who works and pays insurance premiums hates it, and that's a heck of a lot. Typical leftist agenda. Punish the working class.

That's a lie you made up in your little teeny brain
There are more brain cells in my crap than in your empty leftist propaganda parrot head.

========

Yes the Democratic party = Tax and Spend ( otherwise known as Pay as You Go or " personal responsibilitity " )

Republican Party = Deadbeat Party that refuses to pay any taxes to pay the bills for the wars they started. They push the bills onto your children and grandchildren to pay + INTEREST because they refuse to pay more taxes to pay their bills.
You forgot print...

Nonsense.

I owe much more than I make in a year but I am far from broke

debt-and-gdp-main6.png

So???

I'm not an economist. Many economists claim that when hit $24 Trillion, we are in deep dodo. Another thing you should consider. Soon we will only have two taxpayers paying for the benefits and entitlements of another. Something has to change,

$24 trillion? lol

We already know what economic policies work best for our country. Clinton knew that we had to cut spending and increase revenues. We had revenues of 20% of GDP and 4 straight surpluses (3 after vetoing the GOP's $700+ billion tax cut) . Then something terrible happened, the Republicans gained complete control in 2001 and instead of sticking with what was working they decided that their ideology was more important. The debt has gone up $12+ trillion since then.

DUBYA TOOK US FROM 20% OF GDP REVENUES TO LESS THAN 15% (KOREAN WAR LEVELS) AS HE RAMPED UP SPENDING TO 25%

How the Deficit Got This Big

In 2001, President George W. Bush inherited a surplus, with projections by the Congressional Budget Office for ever-increasing surpluses, assuming continuation of the good economy and President Bill Clinton’s policies.

Bush, tax cuts and war spending were the biggest policy drivers of the swing from projected surpluses to deficits from 2002 to 2009.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24sun4.html

Parfait-using-debt-gdp-2001-2019-5-12-11-FINAL.jpg

miner-threat-0000747-v22n9-1441134243-crop_desktop.jpg

after one single drone drops some Napalm on these goofs we would have "Roasted Oath Keepers"...their weapons melted in their arms ...

========

You forgot print...

Nonsense.

You mean you're going to pay the $17 Trillion debt? Fantastic. That's mighty WHITE of you.

========

You forgot print...

Nonsense.

You mean you're going to pay the $17 Trillion debt? Fantastic. That's mighty WHITE of you.

?

Show me what a man will kill and die for and I will show you what he cares about. Show me what a man will not kill or die for and I will and I will show you what he cares not a whit about.

That is as much a Political statement as a Physical or Philosophical one. If anyonr is,truly willing to compromise, then the subject of the discussion means nothing to them.
when 1 side gets everything they want and the other side gets shit,then you have problems with the side who got nothing......when 2 sides give a little and get a little and agree they can live with it....you will only have problems with the asswipes on both sides who want it all their way or nothing....in our current political arena the asswipes would be the far right and left.....

So what have the Republicans got since Obama got elected?
i dont know why dont you ask one.....all i said was what a compromise is and who the assholes are who are fucking things up for everyone else because those fuckers only want what they want and if you dont like it....tough shit....

You're the one claiming they have benefited from compromise. Now produce some evidence.
i did?....show me where....all i said is what a compromise is and who in both parties are making any kind of compromise very hard to do....show me where i even mentioned the republicans?....now you produce something backing up what you just said?...

debt-and-gdp-main6.png

So???

Those things that are SUPPOSED to be pay as you go until Ronnie "saved SS by having almost $2.8 trillion go into the "trust fund' which hid the REAL costs of his tax cuts for the rich, which NOW must be paid back? !

Huh? Every dime of Social Security taxes was spent the minute it was received, all the way back to the day the program was started. Any claims that the trust fund contains any real spendable money are the product of hallucination or mental retardation.

NO SERIOUS ECONOMIST is worried about either funding of those programs. Yep tweaks need to be made and H/C needs to be turned into UHC like EVERY other industrialized nation in the world!

Plenty of real economists are worried about both of them. Hell, even the Social Security trustees are worried about the financial solvency of the program. What sort of "tweeks" are you referring to, massive tax increases? That will be real popular. See if you commies can get it passed.

Forum List

Back