Why has the Japanese got a pass on their ENORMOUS WW II atrocities?

As I admitted in another thread, my knowledge of WW II, like most, is mostly the European war.
I have read at least 20 books on that front. However, before now I had not read any about the Pacific front.
Holy shit folks... Hirihoto is a top shelf mass murdering tyrant. And the atrocities inflicted upon their enemies is the worst in modern history... by far. Not even Hitler was as barbaric as the Japanese.
So... why is history so silent about this? Not that there is no information out there... there are many books about it.
But when anyone thinks of WW II atrocities - they almost always only think of Hitler. Maybe toss in Mussolini, and better informed will include Stalin. But Japan's leaders? Not a lot out there about it.
There annihilation of completely innocent people living in the Philippines is unbelievable. And not just simply killing them, but the Japanese ENJOYED torturing/dismembering/sexually exploiting their captors as a MAIN form of entertainment.
We are talking about not only the worse examples of human atrocities committed in WW II - but some of the worst in the history of mankind ever.

we watch our Sony TV

I'm never gonna give up my Motorola because, you know, Pearl Harbor

ModernicaEL00134_31X43.5X17.5_RESHOOT-2-LR_copy.jpg

So... why is history so silent about this? Not that there is no information out there... there are many books about it.
But when anyone thinks of WW II atrocities - they almost always only think of Hitler. Maybe toss in Mussolini, and better informed will include Stalin. But Japan's leaders? Not a lot out there about it.
Why do you assume that YOUR ignorance is somehow universal? It's illogical.

Wow you don't know anything about history.
I know much more than you and that is the reason I have the wisdom to suggest much of it is contrived whereas you just keep instep with the other sheeple.
I blame the shitty state of the education system.
My educational system is globally agreed to be far superior to yours. That includes knowledge of history. You people still think Castro backed down to Kennedy - that the US won the war in Vietnam - that it was the Americans who stormed Berlin and caused Hitler to "off" himself - that the Iranian Islamic Revolution was an unprovoked dirty deed - that Lee Harvey Oswald pulled the trigger - that there are still thousands upon thousands of WMDs hidden in Irak - that the more guns you have the fewer shooting deaths will ensue - that WW II consisted of a war between the Allies against the Sovjet Union - that there are 52 stars on the Amerian flag - that a "nation indivisible" is within the realm of Democratic principles - and that hot water freezes faster. Talk about a dumb-downed citizenry. :slap:

Last edited:
After the US experience in Okinawa,
The Japs sealed their fate to be nuked by being turds at Okinawa.

By that time the Japs were pretty much defeated. There air and naval assets had been pretty much destroyed and we could bomb their cities at will.

It was the time for them to negotiate an end to the war. But they didn't do that. They chose the path of total resistance. The Jap war lords were too damn arrogant to admit defeat. They made the troops fight to the death and kill as many Americans as they could. Americans didn't want to play that game.

They did it to themselves.

I know much more than you and that is the reason I have the wisdom to suggest much of it is contrived whereas you just keep instep with the other sheeple.

My educational system is globally agreed to be far superior to yours. That includes knowledge of history. You people still think Castro backed down to Kennedy - that the US won the war in Vietnam - that it was the Americans who stormed Berlin and caused Hitler to "off" himself - that the Iranian Islamic Revolution was an unprovoked dirty deed - that Lee Harvey Oswald pulled the trigger - that there are still thousands upon thousands of WMDs hidden in Irak - that the more guns you have the fewer shooting deaths will ensue - that WW II consisted of a war between the Allies against the Sovjet Union - that there are 52 stars on the Amerian flag - that a "nation indivisible" is within the realm of Democratic principles - and that hot water freezes faster. Talk about a dumb-downed citizenry. :slap:
What the fuck are you babbling about you lunatic. I said fuck all about any of that rambling mess you just shit out. The topic was the Japanese and how using the atom bomb stopped an invasion that would have devastated those people for generations. I bet you wear a tin foil hat and call a Faraday Cage.

What the fuck are you babbling about you lunatic. I said fuck all about any of that rambling mess you just shit out. The topic was the Japanese and how using the atom bomb stopped an invasion that would have devastated those people for generations. I bet you wear a tin foil hat and call a Faraday Cage.
If it is too painful for you to be put in your place (particularly your so-called 'education')I suggest that you ignore all of my contributions from now on.

This is so much of an ignorant stereotyping of Americans that it is hardly worth responding to other than just stating that you are a fucking idiot.

The Japs sealed their fate to be nuked by being turds at Okinawa.

By that time the Japs were pretty much defeated. There air and naval assets had been pretty much destroyed and we could bomb their cities at will.

It was the time for them to negotiate an end to the war. But they didn't do that. They chose the path of total resistance. The Jap war lords were too damn arrogant to admit defeat. They made the troops fight to the death and kill as many Americans as they could. Americans didn't want to play that game.

They did it to themselves.
This is where HiroHito comes in.
He lived in a palace bubble, treated like a God. Even after the first bombs dropped - he didn't want to surrender. It was not until he felt danger to himself did he surrender.
It is safe to say that HiroHito would have allowed millions to die and slept like a baby.

This is where HiroHito comes in.
He lived in a palace bubble, treated like a God. Even after the first bombs dropped - he didn't want to surrender. It was not until he felt danger to himself did he surrender.
It is safe to say that HiroHito would have allowed millions to die and slept like a baby.
The Germans made idiot decisions in WWII. So did the Japs.

"Hey, lets go bomb the United States, what could possibly go wrong? It is not like they are going to drop atom bombs on us or anything."

It sounds like iamwhatiseem wants to nuke ‘em again
No, I did a poor job with the title.
What I meant to say was they got a pass historically.
Everyone, no matter their age, knows about Adolf Hitler and the Holocaust.
Better informed also know about Stalin, his absolute brutality and attrition style of warfare.
But how many have ever heard of Japan's most extreme atrocities since the dark ages. Not even Hitler - or Stalin - engaged in the unbelievable torture/murder of the Japanese. And most was on unarmed innocent civilians like in the Philippines.

Forum List

Back