Why has there been no Impeachment Inquiry vote as required?

The House Judiciary Committee is preparing to vote to formally define an impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

A person familiar with the plans told CBS News this is significant because it's the first formal acknowledgement in committee.

I'll be darn.
That was from nearly 3 weeks ago, ya dumbass...

House Judiciary Committee to vote on defining impeachment inquiry

That never happened. Instead, Nancy Pelosi just authorized one.

Doesn't work that way.

What are the steps involved in the impeachment of a president?

The process is started by a two-thirds majority vote of the Parliament (House of Representatives) to impeach the President, whereupon the Constitutional Court (The Senate) decides whether the President is guilty of the crime of which he is charged. If he is found guilty, he is removed from power.

Impeachment - Wikipedia

Remarks in blue are mine.

You've very ably copied and pasted a portion of text describing impeachment and removal procedures in Bulgaria. Well done!
Which, like most Democracies, applies to America too.

No, that is an insane statement. Why not just quote the rules for the United States?
You are welcome to post the actual procedure if you'd like. The inquiry into an impeachment requires a vote of the full house so that committees can be set up.
No, it doesn't, imbecile.....

The Impeachment Process in the House of Representatives

First, an impeachment inquiry is authorized, and this is most often accomplished through the adoption of a simple resolution​

Most often -- as in, not always.

Correct -

Sometimes it is accomplished by an alternate way -

But it is accomplished.

Until then there are just pressers to appease the really stupid people.

Nope just following up on a whistleblower complaint where the White House backed up much of it. Time to get the rest and we'll see where it goes.

No kidding, which part did the White House back up?

That Trump asked several times for a foreign government to get involved in our elections and then dangle the, according to Trump imbalance of support between the two countries.

I look forward to the house getting the full report and entire transcript.

Dang, you must have seen a different version. Perhaps you ought to recommend a Special Council Investigation, I'm sure Mueller has some free time.

It's right here:

Full Document: Trump’s Call With the Ukrainian President

(S/NF) The President: Well it’s very nice of you to say that. I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time.1 Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than they are. Germany does almost nothing for you. All they do is talk and I think it’s something that you should really ask them about. When I was speaking to Angela Merkel she talks Ukraine, but she doesn’t do anything. A lot of the European countries are the same way so I think it’s something you want to look at but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine. I wouldn’t say that it’s reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.2

(S/NF) President Zelenskyy: Yes you are absolutely right. Not only. 100%, but actually 1000% and I can tell you the following; I did talk to Angela Merkel and I did meet with her. I also met and talked with Macron and I told them that they are not doing quite as much as they need to be doing on the issues with the sanctions. They are not enforcing the sanctions. They are not working as much as they should work for Ukraine. It turns out that even though logically, the European Union should be our biggest partner but technically the United States is a much bigger partner than the European Union and I’m very grateful to you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine. Much more than the European Union especially when we are talking about sanctions against the Russian Federation. I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

UNCLASSIFIED

SECRET//ORCON/NOFORN

• 1 Mr. Trump alludes to American aid, while not explicitly linking his request to unfreezing it. At the time of this call, Mr. Trump was holding back hundreds of millions of dollars in military assistance to Ukraine that Congress had appropriated to help that country fend off Russian aggression.
  • 2 Mr. Trump brings up the idea of reciprocity, suggesting that the United States has been good to Ukraine even though something Ukraine has done is not good. The next thing Mr. Trump said — after Mr. Zelensky responded to this statement — was to ask for investigations.

See Original Document

(S/NF) The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you’re surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it3. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.

I get that you are a total partisan whore hack -

the ... leaves out about 500 words that totally confirms that you are an idiot.

Poor baby, can't debate so just resorts to name calling alone.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

That Trump asked several times for a foreign government to get involved in our elections and then dangle the, according to Trump imbalance of support between the two countries.

Dang, you must have seen a different version. Perhaps you ought to recommend a Special Council Investigation, I'm sure Mueller has some free time.

It's right here:

(S/NF) The President: Well it’s very nice of you to say that. I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time.1 Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than they are. Germany does almost nothing for you. All they do is talk and I think it’s something that you should really ask them about. When I was speaking to Angela Merkel she talks Ukraine, but she doesn’t do anything. A lot of the European countries are the same way so I think it’s something you want to look at but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine. I wouldn’t say that it’s reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.2

(S/NF) President Zelenskyy: Yes you are absolutely right. Not only. 100%, but actually 1000% and I can tell you the following; I did talk to Angela Merkel and I did meet with her. I also met and talked with Macron and I told them that they are not doing quite as much as they need to be doing on the issues with the sanctions. They are not enforcing the sanctions. They are not working as much as they should work for Ukraine. It turns out that even though logically, the European Union should be our biggest partner but technically the United States is a much bigger partner than the European Union and I’m very grateful to you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine. Much more than the European Union especially when we are talking about sanctions against the Russian Federation. I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps. specifically we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

UNCLASSIFIED

SECRET//ORCON/NOFORN

• 1 Mr. Trump alludes to American aid, while not explicitly linking his request to unfreezing it. At the time of this call, Mr. Trump was holding back hundreds of millions of dollars in military assistance to Ukraine that Congress had appropriated to help that country fend off Russian aggression.
  • 2 Mr. Trump brings up the idea of reciprocity, suggesting that the United States has been good to Ukraine even though something Ukraine has done is not good. The next thing Mr. Trump said — after Mr. Zelensky responded to this statement — was to ask for investigations.

See Original Document

(S/NF) The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you’re surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it3. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it’s very important that you do it if that’s possible.

That's all you all worth.

It's right here:

UNCLASSIFIED

SECRET//ORCON/NOFORN

See Original Document

Can't even be bothered to put together a proper sentence.

It's right here:

UNCLASSIFIED

SECRET//ORCON/NOFORN

See Original Document

Yep, it's tough debating BS.

It's right here:

UNCLASSIFIED

SECRET//ORCON/NOFORN

See Original Document

Like when you show the president points out to the Ukraine that the U.S. puts more effort into the relationship and then asks for a personal favor and then the other guy you're debating gives up.

It's right here:

UNCLASSIFIED

SECRET//ORCON/NOFORN

See Original Document

Like when you show the president points out to the Ukraine that the U.S. puts more effort into the relationship and then asks for a personal favor and then the other guy you're debating gives up.

So what has your panties in a bunch cupcake, the word "personal" or "favor".

It's right here:

UNCLASSIFIED

SECRET//ORCON/NOFORN

See Original Document

More like the president cashing in this country's reputation and position in the world for personal gain.

It's right here:

UNCLASSIFIED

SECRET//ORCON/NOFORN

See Original Document

Can't even be bothered to put together a proper sentence.

It's all your worth.
Go figure out what is actually going on
Add value to yourself
Come back, be worth more.

More like the president cashing in this country's reputation and position in the world for personal gain.

You mean like Biden did.

It's right here:

UNCLASSIFIED

SECRET//ORCON/NOFORN

See Original Document

If one understands what is going on, -
The favor was to investigate corruption.
No doubt some panties will be bunched.
Most of the discussion is about the 2016 election and the admitted inference on behalf on Hillary by The Ukraine.
Biden is mostly collateral damage.

You can't have a real impeachment inquiry without a vote of the House.

Pelosi has not, as of yet, scheduled, or said she will schedule a vote.

The reason why is simple... Pelosi is pandering to the Fascist left that demand a coup. But she knows Democrat House Candidates not in Fanatical Leftist districts can't afford to be stupid enough to vote to impeach Trump without a real impeachable offense.

Pelosi has resisted for that reason ..But AOC is now the titular (pun) head of the Democrat Party.
"You can't have a real impeachment inquiry without a vote of the House"

Says who?
Pelosi is waiting for the yea vote count to be there

LOL

It's started.

:dance:

Really you folks are dancing about it?

You think you REALLY have him now over this phone call? You think the American people will look at this PHONE CALL and say, oh yep, that was it, nailed it. The Russian thing wasn't it, Kavanaugh wasn't it, but boy you desperate Dems sure as heck got him on this PHONE CALL

No, Faun.

tenor.gif
I have no idea if we "have him now." I've said through all of this that Democrats have not shown enough evidence yet to justify impeaching trump.

I'm dancing because there's now a formal inquiry open.

People do not care if it's a "formal inquiry" or not and you know it. The albatross is already hanging. This seals the deal: this is the only thing the Dems will have as their legacy. And they did this, in one of the dumbest political moves I have EVER seen, BEFORE they saw the transcript.

Really. You can't fix this level of stupid. You can only marvel at it.
You rightards are truly fucking nuts. :cuckoo:

You're stomping your feet and shaking your cane at the sky because the Congress, who has oversight in such matters, is exercising their Constitution obligation to investigate potential criminal activity by the president.

You freaks are absolutely lawless.

"Criminal activity" = talking on the phone to foreign leaders about totally legit stuff

I am not kidding when I say you all remind me of first graders reporting to me about "HE TOUCHED ME!!!" all the livelong day.

First graders outgrow this by second grade. All except the ones with serious problems. We elect those to Congress--as Democrats.
Soliciting a foreign national to investigate a political rival is criminal activity. Ad hominem is not going to wash that clean.

Nothing is stopping them but they'd be stupid to do that.

That just leaves the case open.

Imagine what happens with that if trump wins re-election and Democrats win control of the Senate....

If I were McConnell, if a case of impeachment came to my chamber now and I know it's going to be voted down in the Senate, I eagerly send it down to the floor.
Fortunately McConnell is smarter than you.

Unless Trump commits an actual offense, McConnell is wise to ignore Democrat temper tantrums.
I hope he does. Then if Democrats can win control of the Senate after next year's election, they can bring it to a vote if Trump gets re-elected.

Pelosi understands the process for initiating impeachment proceedings

An impeachment inquiry vote is not part of it
Oh she understands it all right. That is why she is lying to her base and The American People about it. There is no "Official Inquiry" because Robert Mueller, (Your Own Personal Messiah) failed to deliver on "Recommendations for Indictment"

That is The Special Counsels Job, and he could not find anything. You cannot even Draw up Articles of Impeachment to bring an Official Impeachment Vote to The Floor without "Recommendations for Indictment" out of the Mueller Report.

There were none. No, go back to shitting on the streets and shooting heroin in your veins on the Shitty Streets of San Fran Shitsco, Nazi Pelosi.

Dirty Lying Whore.

C1QJHYKWgAEWaEN.jpg
Congress does not need a special council to impeach
Rightards are idiots. That explains these retarded posts about the impeachment process.

The House Judiciary Committee is preparing to vote to formally define an impeachment inquiry into President Trump.

A person familiar with the plans told CBS News this is significant because it's the first formal acknowledgement in committee.

I'll be darn.
That was from nearly 3 weeks ago, ya dumbass...

House Judiciary Committee to vote on defining impeachment inquiry

That never happened. Instead, Nancy Pelosi just authorized one.

Doesn't work that way.
LOLOL

Sure.
icon_rolleyes.gif

:itsok:

You can't have a real impeachment inquiry without a vote of the House.

Pelosi has not, as of yet, scheduled, or said she will schedule a vote.

The reason why is simple... Pelosi is pandering to the Fascist left that demand a coup. But she knows Democrat House Candidates not in Fanatical Leftist districts can't afford to be stupid enough to vote to impeach Trump without a real impeachable offense.

Pelosi has resisted for that reason ..But AOC is now the titular (pun) head of the Democrat Party.
"You can't have a real impeachment inquiry without a vote of the House"

Says who?
Pelosi is waiting for the yea vote count to be there
No, you're waiting, shd isn't. She already authorized an impeachment inquiry to commence.

One thing Pelosi can do is count votes....

When she made her announcement that she finally was behind the impeachment inquiry two days ago, she likely knew she had the vote count to do such.... She still does not want to impeach him though, she'd rather we vote him out..

An impeachment inquiry is where congress fact finds to see if they should bring impeachment to a vote.
That's Congressional oversight, conducted by all committees every day they're in session.

The special investigatory powers of an Impeachment Inquiry only occur after a real Impeachment investigation has been started.
LOL

It's started.

:dance:

Really you folks are dancing about it?

You think you REALLY have him now over this phone call? You think the American people will look at this PHONE CALL and say, oh yep, that was it, nailed it. The Russian thing wasn't it, Kavanaugh wasn't it, but boy you desperate Dems sure as heck got him on this PHONE CALL

No, Faun.

tenor.gif
I have no idea if we "have him now." I've said through all of this that Democrats have not shown enough evidence yet to justify impeaching trump.

I'm dancing because there's now a formal inquiry open.
Everytime, we hear "you have him now"....is another step......

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back