Why hasn't the media interviewed the owner of the shop Brown robbed

This has puzzled me for days now. I'm certain the police have interviewed him, but why hasn't the media ?
Has he went in hiding out of fear ?

With the 24/7 coverage of this story, it would seem logical that this guy would be interviewed, to find out what he said to Brown, what was Brown's attitude, what other words were possibly exchanged ?

A rookie cub reporter should have figured this out, the public wants to know, and new info could come from an interview. What the fuck is wrong with these people, not one of them has thought to go question this guy ?

This is simply bizarre.

If the guy is not available, at least mention that in your reporting for gods sake. Is there a gag order out ?

This just doesn't make damn bit of sense.

You know it makes sense. Gathering data, rather than reporting on the street address of the cop, would be actual journalism and would not support the narrative.

The whole narrative is breaking apart faster than the Trayvon debacle.

Sigh.

Problem was, the Store didn't report a robbery.

The owner of the store dispute the claim that they or an employee called 911, saying a customer inside the store made the call. They also say St. Louis County issues the warrants for the hard drive of surveillance video Friday.

When asked how Ferguson police ended up with the video that the Ferguson police chief issued Friday morning. The attorney said during the course of Ferguson’s investigation they came to the store and asked to review the tape. But it wasn’t until Friday that St. Louis County investigators issued a warrant for the video many of you have already seen

Store owners speak out about surveillance video after release | FOX2now.com

What the clerk had to say.

Ferguson Market & Liquor in the small town of Ferguson, Missouri is no different. In the case of this local market, fear of being murdered by their customers drives their business decisions—including deciding to not report being robbed to the police.
Likewise the Ferguson police decision to withhold for nearly a week the name of the police officer they say shot Michael Brown, Darren Wilson, in order to give him time to go in to hiding from the Ferguson lynch mob.

KDSK of St. Louis reported an attorney for the owners of the market held a press conference Friday in which he wanted Ferguson Market & Liquor’s customers to know that the store did not snitch to the police about Brown robbing the store, nor did they offer the store’s surveillance video of the robbery to police.

The Washington Post reported Sunday that the store manager is terrified of being murdered by the store’s customers.
“The convenience store where the robbery took place was boarded up, but open for business on Friday. A store manager, who declined to give his name, said he fears for his life and pleaded with reporters not to suggest that he called police.
““It’s very dangerous,” he said. “They kill us if they think we are responsible. People don’t understand that.””

Report: Convenience Store Manager Terrified of Being Murdered by Ferguson Customers | The Gateway Pundit

From an attempted interview by the Washington Post

The convenience store where the robbery took place was boarded up, but open for business on Friday. A store manager, who declined to give his name, said he fears for his life and pleaded with reporters not to suggest that he called police.
In Ferguson, three minutes — and two lives forever changed - The Washington Post

Ugh... Why would anyone open a business in that environment?!?

I guess I would have to assume that 'most' pay for their items, the store owners must just plan for 'theft' losses in their budgeting... How terrible.

What the clerk had to say.

Ferguson Market & Liquor in the small town of Ferguson, Missouri is no different. In the case of this local market, fear of being murdered by their customers drives their business decisions—including deciding to not report being robbed to the police.
Likewise the Ferguson police decision to withhold for nearly a week the name of the police officer they say shot Michael Brown, Darren Wilson, in order to give him time to go in to hiding from the Ferguson lynch mob.

KDSK of St. Louis reported an attorney for the owners of the market held a press conference Friday in which he wanted Ferguson Market & Liquor’s customers to know that the store did not snitch to the police about Brown robbing the store, nor did they offer the store’s surveillance video of the robbery to police.

The Washington Post reported Sunday that the store manager is terrified of being murdered by the store’s customers.
“The convenience store where the robbery took place was boarded up, but open for business on Friday. A store manager, who declined to give his name, said he fears for his life and pleaded with reporters not to suggest that he called police.
““It’s very dangerous,” he said. “They kill us if they think we are responsible. People don’t understand that.””

Report: Convenience Store Manager Terrified of Being Murdered by Ferguson Customers | The Gateway Pundit

From an attempted interview by the Washington Post

The convenience store where the robbery took place was boarded up, but open for business on Friday. A store manager, who declined to give his name, said he fears for his life and pleaded with reporters not to suggest that he called police.
In Ferguson, three minutes — and two lives forever changed - The Washington Post

Pretty sad they have to live under that kind of threat, where they are intimidated into staying silent.
How does that make you feel black community, do you enjoy your reputation of being bullies ?

Ugh... Why would anyone open a business in that environment?!?

I guess I would have to assume that 'most' pay for their items, the store owners must just plan for 'theft' losses in their budgeting... How terrible.

I agree, I would move my business before I would live under that kind of intimidation.

And you know what, that's probably why Brown just calmly took what he wanted, because he knew the owner would be afraid to do anything.
Probably all the black thugs know the places they can get away with whatever they want.

However the media forwarded that it was the QT and so they burned it and wrote that on the wall. Later, after the Sunshine Request stuff came out it was discovered that the name blocked out was FAR too long to be QT and it was then forwarded (again by the media) that it was Ferguson Market ~ the looters/rioters eventually got that one as well.

Because there are already accusations of character assassination showing the store's video. An interview would only exaccerbate those charges.

However the media forwarded that it was the QT and so they burned it and wrote that on the wall. Later, after the Sunshine Request stuff came out it was discovered that the name blocked out was FAR too long to be QT and it was then forwarded (again by the media) that it was Ferguson Market ~ the looters/rioters eventually got that one as well.

Because there are already accusations of character assassination showing the store's video. An interview would only exaccerbate those charges.

Not sure what you think you're responding to me about on this honestly. I was just adding the facts that have come out to the ongoing discussion about why the store owner's were not interviewed - aka they already saw the QT get burnt down and didn't want to do an interview that would link their place to the situation. Unfortunately the media figured it out with the Sunshine Request Package and their place got looted anyway.

Not sure what you think you're responding to me about on this honestly. I was just adding the facts that have come out to the ongoing discussion about why the store owner's were not interviewed - aka they already saw the QT get burnt down and didn't want to do an interview that would link their place to the situation. Unfortunately the media figured it out with the Sunshine Request Package and their place got looted anyway.

Fair point. Looking through posts I'd assume I hit reply intending to post quickly and forgot to delete your thing.

Sorry.

Really? So if I told you I'll lie if it suits me, would you bear a grude or not (liar's paradox.) :)

hmmm... a bit off topic but I do happen to enjoy such mental exercises in spoken/written language:

I suppose it depends on how we are going to define 'grudge' - if you tell me you would lie to suit yourself, then I would no longer afford you a reasonable assumption of 'not' lying, and therefore I would more readily discount your statements far easier than someone else's. This is a perhaps non-contemporary definition for grudge, but it is a quick and easy term I could use instead of saying, "I am ill-disposed to believe your statement." (My boycott of our only local McD's for over 20 years because of a lie on the part of their manager, would be a more contemporarily defined "grudge")

That said, I would most likely say "I am not inclined to believe you" and forsake the historic reasoning inferred by the use of the word 'ill-disposed' as it is an easier understood compromise of non-confrontational speech than to say flat out "I do not believe you." Of course that might well depend on my mood, I do admit to suffering from occasional lapses in tolerance and deploying more openly hostile communication; at which point I might say "You are a liar" heh

hmmm... a bit off topic but I do happen to enjoy such mental exercises in spoken/written language:

I suppose it depends on how we are going to define 'grudge' - if you tell me you would lie to suit yourself, then I would no longer afford you a reasonable assumption of 'not' lying, and therefore I would more readily discount your statements far easier than someone else's. This is a perhaps non-contemporary definition for grudge, but it is a quick and easy term I could use instead of saying, "I am ill-disposed to believe your statement." (My boycott of our only local McD's for over 20 years because of a lie on the part of their manager, would be a more contemporarily defined "grudge")

That said, I would most likely say "I am not inclined to believe you" and forsake the historic reasoning inferred by the use of the word 'ill-disposed' as it is an easier understood compromise of non-confrontational speech than to say flat out "I do not believe you." Of course that might well depend on my mood, I do admit to suffering from occasional lapses in tolerance and deploying more openly hostile communication; at which point I might say "You are a liar" heh

Didn't ask for it, but someone gave a book about paradoxes as a "gift." Nothing's disturbed me more or caused more sleepless nights so not sure "gift" is the right word. :) Glad you enjoyed the diversion. :)

Store owner is smart. He stayed quiet. Too many "gentle giants" round there.

Store owner is smart. He stayed quiet. Too many "gentle giants" round there.

Staying silent though will only keep the cycle alive. He'll only get a reputation of being a store owner where the thugs can do as they please.

Forum List

Back