Why havent gays targeted Muslim owned business

As a co-equal branch of government, for interpreting law, not creating new law, and that is what the courts have recently being doing.

I never understand the left's love of being ruled by 5 of 9 un-elected lawyers, but I guess it appeals to their love of oligarchy.
The courts have not created any laws. They exist as a check and balance to unconstitutional practices. Bigotry and discrimination have been shown to be unconstitutional.

If it the acts are done by government. and even if something is constitutional, it doesn't make it right, or do you agree that Citizen's United, being constitutional, is right?

And forcing someone to choose their religion or their livelihood doesn't seem constitutional to me.
Just because you believe something does not give you the right to violate the law.
Indeed. That's why laws are changed - when they prove burdensome or wrong-headed or downright sinful or evil.
The courts exist so that minorities can overcome the power of majorities. It's that whole "checks and balances" thing you republicans aren't so fond of.

The courts exist to settle disputes between two parties, nothing more. The use of courts to expand law is something you progressives came up with.

All minority protections that were properly passed always started with the majority agreeing to them via some form of vote. The Bill of rights didn't spring into existence, it was voted on. Your side seems to want to skip this step, and expand it to not just limiting government to what it can do, but to force people to accept your moral code.

You have become the new Moral Majority. You use the same tactics they did, you have the same smug sense of moral superiority, and hopefully you will fail and fade away, just like they did.

Are they afraid of Muslims?
I'm sure this is a rhetorical question, but as we all know, Islam is the PC-protected religion, so the Left isn't going to put them on the spot like that.

Perhaps the irony of all ironies, given how gays are treated in, um, other places.

Where is Islam being unlawfully protected by liberals?
DING!

Once again, USMB'S King of the Straw Man just can't help himself.

As you know, you only get one (1) "that's not what I said".

Play with someone else, thanks!

:laugh:

Then what are you saying? You're saying it's the duty of liberals to target Muslim bakeries?

Are you even more fucking stupid than you've already demonstrated?

He does it again!

You truly, literally can't help yourself.

Absolutely fascinating.

at the risk of being repetitious: liberalism is a mental disease.

The courts have not created any laws. They exist as a check and balance to unconstitutional practices. Bigotry and discrimination have been shown to be unconstitutional.

If it the acts are done by government. and even if something is constitutional, it doesn't make it right, or do you agree that Citizen's United, being constitutional, is right?

And forcing someone to choose their religion or their livelihood doesn't seem constitutional to me.
Just because you believe something does not give you the right to violate the law.
Indeed. That's why laws are changed - when they prove burdensome or wrong-headed or downright sinful or evil.
The courts exist so that minorities can overcome the power of majorities. It's that whole "checks and balances" thing you republicans aren't so fond of.

The courts exist to settle disputes between two parties, nothing more. The use of courts to expand law is something you progressives came up with.

All minority protections that were properly passed always started with the majority agreeing to them via some form of vote. The Bill of rights didn't spring into existence, it was voted on. Your side seems to want to skip this step, and expand it to not just limiting government to what it can do, but to force people to accept your moral code.

You have become the new Moral Majority. You use the same tactics they did, you have the same smug sense of moral superiority, and hopefully you will fail and fade away, just like they did.

well said,

San Francisco and surrounding cities of all places has a lot of muslim stores and restaurants. That county has the largest concentration of gays and lesbians with strong movement in this country. If there will be a problem between gays/lesbians vs Muslims we will might hear it from this place.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Muslims in this country turned out to be more tolerant than Christians. There are certain denominations of Christianity in the U.S. who preach hate, and they can't be allowed to steer the direction of the country.

I'm sure this is a rhetorical question, but as we all know, Islam is the PC-protected religion, so the Left isn't going to put them on the spot like that.

Perhaps the irony of all ironies, given how gays are treated in, um, other places.

DING!

Then what are you saying? You're saying it's the duty of liberals to target Muslim bakeries?

He does it again!

Absolutely fascinating.

What's so fascinating to me is that they'll do it even after I point it out; in this case, multiple times.

I strongly dislike the blatant intellectual dishonesty of partisan politics, but I must admit it's interesting as hell.

DING!

He does it again!

Absolutely fascinating.

What's so fascinating to me is that they'll do it even after I point it out; in this case, multiple times.

I strongly dislike the blatant intellectual dishonesty of partisan politics, but I must admit it's interesting as hell.

Who are the liberals you're referring to? Name some.

You are so sad because you can't win. I enjoy that.

DING!

He does it again!

Absolutely fascinating.

I told you, you get one (1) "I didn't say that' per conversation.

You have my permission to attempt to communicate with me on another thread, and the same rule will apply.

I would. Unlike your side I can defend speech and actions I don't agree with, otherwise known as freedom.

Your side is going after the low hanging fruit first, we all know that.
Oh so you'll defend gay people's right to marry since you don't agree with it?

I agree with it when it is implemented by a vote of the state legislature to change the marriage contract to include same sex couples. I would also vote for it if brought up via referendum.

I also support the courts requiring any issued marriage certificate be honored by all States, same as now, and same as with driver's licenses, ( I would also extend that protection to CCW's).

What I don't see is Courts forcing the States to issue same sex marriage certificates if the States don't want to, due to the will of the people of the State.
The courts exist for a reason.

As a co-equal branch of government, for interpreting law, not creating new law, and that is what the courts have recently being doing.

I never understand the left's love of being ruled by 5 of 9 un-elected lawyers, but I guess it appeals to their love of oligarchy.

Actually the courts create case law, as is their duty and right in the exercise of their mandate.

He does it again!

Absolutely fascinating.

I told you, you get one (1) "I didn't say that' per conversation.

You have my permission to attempt to communicate with me on another thread, and the same rule will apply.

You accuse a group of people, in this case liberals, of doing something, but you can't name any who actually do it,

let alone name enough to warrant a broad brush generalization.

Which is great.

Right up to the point where one of the minorities in question are a collection of sexual deviants and perverts.

Society has to draw the line someplace.

Drawing the line at sexual deviancy and perversion is as good a place as any to draw that line.

Which is what the counter-reaction of the next few years is going to be all about.

Sounds like great fun.
Aaaand the truth comes out. Sorry you couldn't win the argument. The rest of your side can't either.

DING!

Tell us why, exactly, are gays obligated to target Muslim bakeries? Because that IS what you are criticizing.

DING!

Tell us why, exactly, are gays obligated to target Muslim bakeries? Because that IS what you are criticizing.
Most gay people are Christian. Not sure why Christians would go to a Muslim bakery but I guess it is possible.

DING!

He does it again!

Absolutely fascinating.

You did it right here:

"Islam is the PC-protected religion, so the Left isn't going to put them on the spot like that."

The putting them on the spot you're referring to above is the 'targeting' of Muslim bakeries the OP referred to,

so yes, you're attacking liberals for not targeting Muslim bakeries.

So again, is it the duty of liberals to target Muslim bakeries?

The idea that gays are terrified of Muslim business owners in this country is absolutely silly. Social conservatives have been dumping on American Muslims for years and they are not being attacked or murdered in the streets. Gays in this nation have very little to fear from American Muslims.

DING!

Most gay people are Christian. Not sure why Christians would go to a Muslim bakery but I guess it is possible.

It's totally irrelevant. These same nuts making this argument are the ones who didn't want a mosque in NYC, remember, the so-called ground zero mosque.

They have no problem whatsoever targeting one religion but not another. They have no standing here.

You are so sad because you can't win. I enjoy that.

I notice you didn't refute any of my points, so I guess you agree with them.

DING!

It's totally irrelevant. These same nuts making this argument are the ones who didn't want a mosque in NYC, remember, the so-called ground zero mosque.

They have no problem whatsoever targeting one religion but not another. They have no standing here.
You are right, it is stupid. I looked at pictures of Muslim wedding cakes and they look nothing like traditional American wedding cakes, they look like little Muslim temples. Not sure anyone that wasn't Muslim would want one....

In places like Dearborn, Michigan and Murfreesboro, Tennessee, Muslims have virtually taken over the area and now control local government, schools and many businesses

Here is the Dearborn, Michigan city council. Would you please point out which ones are Muslims?

110ask4.jpg

Forum List

Back