Why I Don't Believe

I know it. There is no religion on this Earth that does not try to oppress someone.

When exactly zero religions can be the reflection of what they tell you their God is....no God exists.

When a religion exists that does not strive to personally oppress me...a me they never met and do not know... I could believe.

But I cannot. None of these Earthly Gods will allow it!

All these religions are job creators for men That we know. None provide actual equality for women. Some make the attempt, but still fall short.

It is by all these religions I know there is no God. By their fruits you shall know them. Strange fruits, these.

Regards from Rosie

Religions are just people. Religions don't oppress anyone. People do that.

An omnipotent, merciful God would ordain at least one religion which had the credo of equality among peoples and between genders.

The fact that zero exist is concrete evidence that God himself does not exist.

Regards from Rosie

Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him. This is my rule in all the churches. Was anyone at the time of his call already circumcised? Let him not seek to remove the marks of circumcision. Was anyone at the time of his call uncircumcised? Let him not seek circumcision. For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of God. Each one should remain in the condition in which he was called. Were you a bondservant when called? Do not be concerned about it. (But if you can gain your freedom, avail yourself of the opportunity.) For he who was called in the Lord as a bondservant is a freedman of the Lord. Likewise he who was free when called is a bondservant of Christ. You were bought with a price; do not become bondservants of men. So, brothers, in whatever condition each was called, there let him remain with God.

Last edited:
Religion is probably a good idea for people who are terrified of death. For the rest of us, I would recommend original thinking.

YOU WILL GET TO MREMEMBER your words when you are on your death bed KNOWING YOU FACE ETERNAL HELL!!! THINK again!

Ok. I would agree to all that.
In YOUR god example, I would agree. But, in general, when you are engaged in a conversation with someone and the subject of god comes up, there is generally the assumption made that the god we are discussing is the biblical god. Unless otherwise specified. The label god carries some baggage with it. The word god has a definition. I would say god means different things to different people. So, maybe it would be better to start those conversations with, "what is your definition of god". Would you agree?

That would be an excellent starting point. I find it seldom happens. Everyone brings their own vision to the table and pretty much ignore the possibility there might be others. That too is a sign of belief. I might even go so far as to call it very human.

But let's take a definition and go from there. We might start with God being the creator of the universe, but that is pretty vague. So, unless you would rather use something else, how about we take Jesus - since I think it fair to say we are all familiar with him. I mean Jesus as savior, rather than Jesus as teacher. He died for our sins and now is in heaven to offer us salvation.

I think it safe to say neither of us buys that story. But what valid conclusions can be drawn regarding it? And remember what I mean by valid conclusion.

I agree, I do not believe that story. That is the extent of it. There is nothing demonstrable in there. There is no knowledge drawn from being told this story.

My position is the story is not true. I take it you hold that it could be true or not true and either position is equally valid?

YOU WILL GET TO MREMEMBER your words when you are on your death bed KNOWING YOU FACE ETERNAL HELL!!! THINK again!

I don't know today that I FACE ETERNAL HELL, I see no reason to think that will change on my death bed. I never bought into Pascal's wager.

I don't know today that I FACE ETERNAL HELL, I see no reason to think that will change on my death bed. I never bought into Pascal's wager.

YOU PROVE GOD'S ORD TRUE!!!=======That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

YOU PROVE GOD'S ORD TRUE!!!=======That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Not very Christian of you to call me a fool, warped, evil, wicked, dark, corroded, and sinful. I don't recall saying anything negative about you and here you've cast the first stone. You might want to read the whole Bible, not just the parts where you get to condemn others.

Not very Christian of you to call me a fool, warped, evil, wicked, dark, corroded, and sinful. I don't recall saying anything negative about you and here you've cast the first stone. You might want to read the whole Bible, not just the parts where you get to condemn others.

GOD SAYS YOU ARE A FOOL,I JUST AGREE WITH GOD!!! tweak!

Religion is probably a good idea for people who are terrified of death. For the rest of us, I would recommend original thinking.

...and once again, since you have demonstrated my point, I rest my case.

LOL!!! Why would you think a believer (son of GOD) WOULD FEAR DEATH? GOD says, "fear not" and I take GOD at His WORD!!!and you?

That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you??? IF THE TRUTH HURTS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT=CHANGE YOUR EVIL WAYS!!!

Which brings us back to my challenge/question: How does one just change beliefs based on fear of negative consequences and not actual evidence or support?

Would you really believe (not pretend, actually believe) that the Spice Girls are the greatest Rock group of all time if you were threatened with torture if you didn't?

NO THREATS=JUST FACTS =TRUTH. IT IS all your choice! If you chose to reject GOD'S love and forgivness then it is ""you"" that has chose hell!!!

The only one in hell is you.

does that mean a theist doesn't actually say there is a god, only that he believes there is, but doesn't have proof?......./just checking.....

I'm not sure who you are addressing. If you say you know there is a god I will ask you for your evidence. If you can't produce it, then you are expressing a belief. Of course, you may well believe you know but I do not accept it as knowledge solely on that assertion.

so you would reject the definition of atheist that was proposed?.....

Here is the well-known Dawkins scale of belief

1. Strong Theist: I do not question the existence of God, I KNOW he exists.

2. De-facto Theist: I cannot know for certain but I strongly believe in God and I live my life on the assumption that he is there.

3. Weak Theist: I am very uncertain, but I am inclined to believe in God.

4. Pure Agnostic: God’s existence and non-existence are exactly equiprobable.

5. Weak Atheist: I do not know whether God exists but I’m inclined to be skeptical.

6. De-facto Atheist: I cannot know for certain but I think God is very improbable and I live my life under the assumption that he is not there.

7. Strong Atheist: I am 100% sure that there is no God.

I am a number 6. :eusa_silenced:

so, can we pinpoint the date when atheists began the effort to redefine atheism at 2006, when Dawkins wrote his book?.......prior to that, there were atheists and agnostics.....now atheists want to pretend they're only agnostics......

I consider myself an atheist because I live my life under the assumption that there is no God. I think anyone from (5) to (7) on this scale is entitled to call themselves an Atheist.

perhaps as defined by Dawkins.....under the definition in place since English became a language until 2006 an atheist was only someone who denied the existence of a god.......

You mean your cult says it because that's how they scare people into becoming members. I wouldn't join your church if you paid me a million to join. Bunch of ignorant hicks.

If you were right and good and true, don't you think people would sense that? But everyone here senses you are just an asshole. So, my friend, either your religion is bullshit or you are a horrible representative of your religion. All this god said this and god said that makes you seem like a cock sucker. Maybe that is the devil in you? Because if your religion is what you say it is, it's complete and utter bullshit!!! Your god can suck a dick and you can fuck jesus' asshole in his shallow grave. :badgrin:

Let me get this straight, you can call anyone any name so long as you do it in God's name. Does that apply to actions too? Can you do anything so long as you do it in God's name?

so, can we pinpoint the date when atheists began the effort to redefine atheism at 2006, when Dawkins wrote his book?.......prior to that, there were atheists and agnostics.....now atheists want to pretend they're only agnostics......

I consider myself an atheist because I live my life under the assumption that there is no God. I think anyone from (5) to (7) on this scale is entitled to call themselves an Atheist.

perhaps as defined by Dawkins.....under the definition in place since English became a language until 2006 an atheist was only someone who denied the existence of a god.......

Well a lot of us realize that we can't prove there is no god just like theists can't prove there is a god so the most logical position to have is agnostic atheist.

I don't know what is on the other side of a black hole. But to suggest there is an invisible man on the other end watching us is just a stupid belief to have.

If you don't take the bible(s) or koran or Mormon books literally then you really have no reason to believe a god exists. If Noah, Adam, Jesus, Mohammad and Joseph Smith never talked to god for real then what reason does anyone have for believing in a god?

Boss shut the fuck up no one cares. :eusa_shhh:

The scoffer, the worst form of fool, is not only to be avoided, but is to be driven away.
Drive out the scoffer, and contention will go out, Even strife and dishonor will cease.

I know it. There is no religion on this Earth that does not try to oppress someone.

When exactly zero religions can be the reflection of what they tell you their God is....no God exists.

When a religion exists that does not strive to personally oppress me...a me they never met and do not know... I could believe.

But I cannot. None of these Earthly Gods will allow it!

All these religions are job creators for men That we know. None provide actual equality for women. Some make the attempt, but still fall short.

It is by all these religions I know there is no God. By their fruits you shall know them. Strange fruits, these.

Regards from Rosie

Religions are just people. Religions don't oppress anyone. People do that.

An omnipotent, merciful God would ordain at least one religion which had the credo of equality among peoples and between genders.

The fact that zero exist is concrete evidence that God himself does not exist.

Regards from Rosie

I don't see why. You might as well say a good parent will wrap their child in bubble wrap and never let them outside to keep them from getting hurt.

Forum List

Back