why i love this man.....

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
backstory: young lady has baby...i want to see baby but its been hit or miss and all miss lately with social engagements....

hubby and i go shopping and stock up on his favorite ice creams..on way home phone rings...she is home with baby ...we can stop by...i get excited and we go to her house....o the baby is precious as they all are with a full head of hair and stomach full of gas...new mom is upset that something is wrong with new baby spitting up and her legs and arms just going stiff for a second or two...so i take baby and tell her its gas....nothing more nothing less and begin to rub, rock, move around little baby as it burps, spits up and farts...she calls me the 'baby whisper'

i linger...i take pictures...i text them to son etc and so forth....then baby is hungry so we gracefully exit...i am all happy and chatting about baby when we get into the car.....perhaps two hours have passed...when it hits me...we have ice cream still in car....i ask hubby why he didnt remind me....

his reply "you were happy, what does ice cream matter"?

sometimes it is the small things that touch your heart......what has touched yours?

backstory: young lady has baby...i want to see baby but its been hit or miss and all miss lately with social engagements....

hubby and i go shopping and stock up on his favorite ice creams..on way home phone rings...she is home with baby ...we can stop by...i get excited and we go to her house....o the baby is precious as they all are with a full head of hair and stomach full of gas...new mom is upset that something is wrong with new baby spitting up and her legs and arms just going stiff for a second or two...so i take baby and tell her its gas....nothing more nothing less and begin to rub, rock, move around little baby as it burps, spits up and farts...she calls me the 'baby whisper'

i linger...i take pictures...i text them to son etc and so forth....then baby is hungry so we gracefully exit...i am all happy and chatting about baby when we get into the car.....perhaps two hours have passed...when it hits me...we have ice cream still in car....i ask hubby why he didnt remind me....

his reply "you were happy, what does ice cream matter"?

sometimes it is the small things that touch your heart......what has touched yours?

Awwww. What a sweet hubby. :)

It drives me crazy that some mothers don't burp their babies after every feeding.

Forum List

Back