Why I think the "experts" have it wrong again on China virus.

I don't believe it is a good thing for virus cases to drop to near zero over the summer. IMO that is exactly the time we need to "make hay" and get the global herd immunity numbers up where they need to be. By any estimate you care to quote we are not even close to a minimum for "herd immunity". This Spring and Summer is precisely the period of time we need the case numbers to maintain a steady pace. If that happens, then by Fall we would be in a much better position to face a recurrence of China virus. I have this wrong, tell me why.
If that is the game plan, I ain't playin. I will avoid the grazing herd like the plague as long as I can, practicing what modest precautions I can unless the Government shepherds come for me to force infect, which would draw my ire and fire. I'll try to wait for a working vaccine, thanks.
Like Flip Wilson said when he met
when he met the Snake Handlers

View attachment 334935
No, thank you. You can give mine to Geraldine
Ok I can see that. I just have a different view. I refuse to take vaccines or stay in my house and I am delighted restaurants started opening today. Let nature takes it's course, is what I say.
Ok. So you dont necessarily think they are wrong. You are just willing to sacrifice people in the hope that it gives the ones left alive some kind of immunity.
I am not certain they are wrong, but they will have to experiment with someone else with their herd immunity thing. If enough people actually got the bug the ones that recovered might have antibodies, and the antibodies might (in fact) give them give them long-term immunity, which could be a good thing in the long term if enough people got the immunity. Theoretically the fact that most of the herd might develope enough immunity that the chances of coming in contact could be lowered even for the people not immune. Most people do not get small pox even though they might not be vaccinated. By the time the infectious person gets as far into the center of the herd they have already been identified and singularly quarantined and treated most of the time. Might work over the years for young people. Older people, this year, not so much. To go along is a fatalistic move not based on science nor odds makers with statistics. I am a singularly independent, nice and handy to have around in a pinch kind of guy and willing to help within my abilities, but I don't need you guys. I'm good. You young people do what you're gonna do. Some of you truly don't give a fk, like HIV positives that sleep with people without telling their new bed-mate. Ain't any immunity to that either. Convincing older people to shoot craps with their life when the odds against them are high and definitively with the house? You gotta be a fkn psycho and basically not give a shit about 2 maybe more generations to even come up with such scheme. Pretty fkn cold blooded plan if you ask me. I ain't going that way, without choice in my own determinant way as long as I am armed and can resist. I'll take the intelligent conservative way and exercise modest modest care, masking, enhanced hygiene and separation as I see fit.
I will point out, they don't even know if it gives even short term immunity yet or how long it lasts, as people supposedly cured and well for weeks, have turned up positive again and gotten sick. The military presently has a permanent ban on accept through MEPS if you are or have been Covid-19 positive, because they do not know if it builds immunity or can re-manifest and threaten other troops, platoons or whole bases in training or at a later date under the right stress. I got to go with the military's judgment on this and I influence all others near or beyond my age to do likewise. Trump and the herd immunity economy at all cost proponents are deadly fkn stupid and I will not hesitate to back somebody the fk up so I can go my own way, away from close contact. Somebody can have my place in line at any store I go into, as I have no idea what an asymptomatic carrier/spreader looks like and neither do you.
My "cold blooded plan" is to go back to living life and stop hiding from an over hyped virus that has a death rate no different than other viruses. I'm not saying hugging every person you see. We can go back to work, open the businesses, sports and entertainment in a common sense way. We don't need a vaccine but I'm sure the "experts" will cook one up in record time. Good luck with that, let me know how it works out.

I don't believe it is a good thing for virus cases to drop to near zero over the summer. IMO that is exactly the time we need to "make hay" and get the global herd immunity numbers up where they need to be. By any estimate you care to quote we are not even close to a minimum for "herd immunity". This Spring and Summer is precisely the period of time we need the case numbers to maintain a steady pace. If that happens, then by Fall we would be in a much better position to face a recurrence of China virus. I have this wrong, tell me why.
If that is the game plan, I ain't playin. I will avoid the grazing herd like the plague as long as I can, practicing what modest precautions I can unless the Government shepherds come for me to force infect, which would draw my ire and fire. I'll try to wait for a working vaccine, thanks.

View attachment 334935
Ok I can see that. I just have a different view. I refuse to take vaccines or stay in my house and I am delighted restaurants started opening today. Let nature takes it's course, is what I say.
Ok. So you dont necessarily think they are wrong. You are just willing to sacrifice people in the hope that it gives the ones left alive some kind of immunity.
I am not certain they are wrong, but they will have to experiment with someone else with their herd immunity thing. If enough people actually got the bug the ones that recovered might have antibodies, and the antibodies might (in fact) give them give them long-term immunity, which could be a good thing in the long term if enough people got the immunity. Theoretically the fact that most of the herd might develope enough immunity that the chances of coming in contact could be lowered even for the people not immune. Most people do not get small pox even though they might not be vaccinated. By the time the infectious person gets as far into the center of the herd they have already been identified and singularly quarantined and treated most of the time. Might work over the years for young people. Older people, this year, not so much. To go along is a fatalistic move not based on science nor odds makers with statistics. I am a singularly independent, nice and handy to have around in a pinch kind of guy and willing to help within my abilities, but I don't need you guys. I'm good. You young people do what you're gonna do. Some of you truly don't give a fk, like HIV positives that sleep with people without telling their new bed-mate. Ain't any immunity to that either. Convincing older people to shoot craps with their life when the odds against them are high and definitively with the house? You gotta be a fkn psycho and basically not give a shit about 2 maybe more generations to even come up with such scheme. Pretty fkn cold blooded plan if you ask me. I ain't going that way, without choice in my own determinant way as long as I am armed and can resist. I'll take the intelligent conservative way and exercise modest modest care, masking, enhanced hygiene and separation as I see fit.
I will point out, they don't even know if it gives even short term immunity yet or how long it lasts, as people supposedly cured and well for weeks, have turned up positive again and gotten sick. The military presently has a permanent ban on accept through MEPS if you are or have been Covid-19 positive, because they do not know if it builds immunity or can re-manifest and threaten other troops, platoons or whole bases in training or at a later date under the right stress. I got to go with the military's judgment on this and I influence all others near or beyond my age to do likewise. Trump and the herd immunity economy at all cost proponents are deadly fkn stupid and I will not hesitate to back somebody the fk up so I can go my own way, away from close contact. Somebody can have my place in line at any store I go into, as I have no idea what an asymptomatic carrier/spreader looks like and neither do you.
My "cold blooded plan" is to go back to living life and stop hiding from an over hyped virus that has a death rate no different than other viruses. I'm not saying hugging every person you see. We can go back to work, open the businesses, sports and entertainment in a common sense way. We don't need a vaccine but I'm sure the "experts" will cook one up in record time. Good luck with that, let me know how it works out.
Hope you and your parents are around to hear it. I really do.

View attachment 334935
Hear what? I don't understand.

View attachment 334935
Hear how it works out. Good luck to you and yours.

View attachment 334935
Hear how it works out. Good luck to you and yours.
I think we'll be
I don't believe it is a good thing for virus cases to drop to near zero over the summer.
Got a hunch, eh?
No I have an opinion, based on logic. Do you?

Forum List

Back