Why I thought Obama was going to lose the last election.

R

rdean

About a year before the election, I was watching the news and they were interviewing this guy in Detroit on who looked about in his middle 40's.

And he said that he wanted to thank Obama for saving the car industry, his home, his job and because saved his job, he could keep his kid in college.

He said he felt bad Republicans would have let the auto industry die. Then he said in spite of all that, he just couldn't vote for a black as president. So I thought Obama was toast. I thought if people would vote against someone who kept their entire life from be completely ruined just because of race, Obama would never be elected to a second term. I'm guessing if Obama had been white, with his accomplishments, he would have won in a landslide.

About a year before the election, I was watching the news and they were interviewing this guy in Detroit on who looked about in his middle 40's.

And he said that he wanted to thank Obama for saving the car industry, his home, his job and because saved his job, he could keep his kid in college.

He said he felt bad Republicans would have let the auto industry die. Then he said in spite of all that, he just couldn't vote for a black as president. So I thought Obama was toast. I thought if people would vote against someone who kept their entire life from be completely ruined just because of race, Obama would never be elected to a second term. I'm guessing if Obama had been white, with his accomplishments, he would have won in a landslide.

I realized the thread was a lie when I got to "I thought" in the title.

You need to have faith in the 47% and their enablers.

Forgive me if I don't believe a word you just said. After watching you for several years do nothing but mouth Democrat talking points and badmouth anyone who dares disagree with the President, I don't believe for a second you ever concieved that anyone could beat the President.

Nor do I believe that this interview ever took place. Maybe if you were more honest I could, but sorry.

Forgive me if I don't believe a word you just said. After watching you for several years do nothing but mouth Democrat talking points and badmouth anyone who dares disagree with the President, I don't believe for a second you ever concieved that anyone could beat the President.

Nor do I believe that this interview ever took place. Maybe if you were more honest I could, but sorry.

After watching you since last fall I would have to say the same about you, except you don't even have any talking points, just dismissive blather backed by nothing except your uninformed opinion.

Obama was re-elected EVEN though his major accomplishment ACA was totally passed by ONLY 7 YES votes and based entirely on a LIE that there were 46 million people that wanted insurance, were covered by Medicaid and were NOT eligible (illegals) added up to less the 4 million truly needing insurance!
Re-elected because 3 million ignorant conservatives thought Romney as a Mormon was worse then Obama for another 4 years!

These 3 million stayed at home. Didn't vote!
If these three million had voted, Romney's popular vote total would have beaten Obama's by 180,000. I don't know what it would mean Electoral College yet, that hasn't been analyzed, but this was not an election lost because of demography. It wasn't an election lost because we lost the women vote or Hispanic vote. We didn't turn our vote out. It's just that simple.
Why Did Three Million Republicans Stay Home? - The Rush Limbaugh Show

After watching you since last fall I would have to say the same about you, except you don't even have any talking points, just dismissive blather backed by nothing except your uninformed opinion.

Of course I don't have talking points. I'm not a parrot. I say what I think. I analyze each situation according to the principles I hold to.

The fact that you think you should have talking points tells me alot about your thought process.

got a link to your tale?.....and remember, i told you a story i heard and you told me if i dont have a link it must be a ....tale....

Why I thought Obama was going to lose the last election.

I completely underestimated the power and numbers of the takers, in this country, as well as O's ability to get the vote out, of the uninformed, low information voters.

The flip side is that no WHITE person with the total lack of political/executive experience, like Obama, would have ever won in the first place. The "historical" event of the first black President (phony argument, because Obama is every bit as white as he is black) made people with over active guilt feelings about what happened hundred years ago lose their sight and sanity. Sadly, these people never even realized that there was nothing in Obama's background which might have entitled him to special consideration for being descendent of former slaves, they just voted for an empty suit, whose only claim to fame was a speech, and two careers as state and U.S. Senator, both of which he quit for personal gains. But, those who lost their sight and sanity just could not NOT vote a phony half-black guy, who would have long been dead or in jail, if it had not been for his WHITE grandparents who raised him, after his BLACK father showed him his middle finger. And to show the true character of his ungrateful waste of skin, Obama threw his grandparents under the bus with his racist comments about them.

Obama was re-elected EVEN though his major accomplishment ACA was totally passed by ONLY 7 YES votes and based entirely on a LIE that there were 46 million people that wanted insurance, were covered by Medicaid and were NOT eligible (illegals) added up to less the 4 million truly needing insurance!
Re-elected because 3 million ignorant conservatives thought Romney as a Mormon was worse then Obama for another 4 years!

If these three million had voted, Romney's popular vote total would have beaten Obama's by 180,000. I don't know what it would mean Electoral College yet, that hasn't been analyzed, but this was not an election lost because of demography. It wasn't an election lost because we lost the women vote or Hispanic vote. We didn't turn our vote out. It's just that simple.

You're wrong. Romney got 61 million votes. That's 1 million more than McCain got, 2 million more than George W. Bush got in his 2nd run. Indeed, it was more votes than any candidate for President has ever gotten, except Barack Obama. Whether they were voting FOR Romney and his message, or AGAINST Obama and his, doesn't matter much: They still cast their votes for the Republican nominee instead of the Democratic one.

Why Obama won, and Romney lost, is debatable. You could blame it on Romney not convincing, or even un-convincing, independents and disaffected Democrats. You could blame it on demographic trends. You could blame it on his own difficulties in showing why he was (or believed he was) better than Obama. Or you could credit Obama and the Democrats for running an effective campaign.

But blaming the result on insufficient Republican turnout doesn't hold up.

The flip side is that no WHITE person with the total lack of political/executive experience, like Obama, would have ever won in the first place. The "historical" event of the first black President (phony argument, because Obama is every bit as white as he is black) made people with over active guilt feelings about what happened hundred years ago lose their sight and sanity. Sadly, these people never even realized that there was nothing in Obama's background which might have entitled him to special consideration for being descendent of former slaves, they just voted for an empty suit, whose only claim to fame was a speech, and two careers as state and U.S. Senator, both of which he quit for personal gains. But, those who lost their sight and sanity just could not NOT vote a phony half-black guy, who would have long been dead or in jail, if it had not been for his WHITE grandparents who raised him, after his BLACK father showed him his middle finger. And to show the true character of his ungrateful waste of skin, Obama threw his grandparents under the bus with his racist comments about them.

Most of what you said I agree with.. except the first term Obama was elected by racist ignorant voters.
These voters KNEW nothing about Obama i.e. his ideology. That he never worked for a for profit business but totally subsisted on philanthropy, see Annenberg (TV GUIDE)..
and as a result the ONLY reason they voted was because THEY didn't want to appear as RACIST.. i.e. they had ONLY his blackness to vote against so therefore they didn't want to appear as "racist" even though THEY were, i.e. deciding a president based solely on RACE!

The 2nd term even though there were LESS Obama votes because by now we'd have 4 years of utter failures and destructions of the country... the real blame
lies at the feet of 3 million conservatives who saw Obama as the lesser of two evils! They stayed home!

So Obama has had FREE REIGN because the MSM has covered his back ever since as the Editor of Newsweek bragged bashing Bush was the press' job.. yet this same editor called Obama a "god"!!

So truly with 85% of MSM editors/producers,etc. voting for Obama no wonder he was elected and re-elected!!!

You're wrong. Romney got 61 million votes. That's 1 million more than McCain got, 2 million more than George W. Bush got in his 2nd run.

Now you are making shit up. George Bush got 62 million votes in 2004. Romney received under 61 million votes. Your math sucks.

Obama got almost 66 million votes in 2012. That's 5 million more than Bush got in his second run.

Looks like all your false premises just got blown out of the water.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back