Why is Alex Jones?

Saigon

Gold Member
May 4, 2012
Helsinki, Finland
I'd never listened to Alex Jones before, but happened to catch this hilarious piece with him on BBC, where he leaves the host and other interviewee in hysterical laughter.

BBC News - Bilderberg: Alex Jones disrupts BBC's Sunday Politics

The question is - why does he even exist?

No sensible adult could believe a word he says, and anyone with critical faculties will notice on these videos a series of nonsensical garbage (the Euro is a Nazi idea) errors (When he suggests Ed Balls has broken a ministerial oath - and is reminded that Ed is not a minister!) and outright lies.

I am sure he is just in it for the money and doesn't believe a word of it himself - but why does anyone listen?

I'd never listened to Alex Jones before, but happened to catch this hilarious piece with him on BBC, where he leaves the host and other interviewee in hysterical laughter.

No sensible adult could believe a word he says, and anyone with critical faculties will notice on these videos a series of nonsensical garbage (the Euro is a Nazi idea) errors (When he suggests Ed Balls has broken a ministerial oath - and is reminded that Ed is not a minister!) and outright lies.

I am sure he is just in it for the money and doesn't believe a word of it himself - but why does anyone listen?

Ha!
I'm exactly the same.
I had only heard his name until I saw this piece yesterday.
The American right just keeps on entertaining!!!!

idb -

Entertaining, for sure! And I guess a lot of people like watching him just for the entertainment value.

But on the other hand, he is deeply disturbing. I don't like the fact that one man can build an empire based on lies and bullshit, and that he doesn't have to take any responsibility for his words.

That piece was ridiculous, it was great that he was laughed at by the host. I too had not seen him, but heard of him for years.
I think he was the guy who believed Bush, Jr. bombed the Twin Towers.

That piece was ridiculous, it was great that he was laughed at by the host. I too had not seen him, but heard of him for years.
I think he was the guy who believed Bush, Jr. bombed the Twin Towers.

Reading a bit of background on him is hilarious - he seems to believe that everything that happens does so because some omnipotent POTUS wanted it to happen.

Is it raining - then the President wanted it to rain. Is there a shooting - then the President ordered the shooting.

It's hilarious - but also frightening that people believe it.

idb -

Entertaining, for sure! And I guess a lot of people like watching him just for the entertainment value.

But on the other hand, he is deeply disturbing. I don't like the fact that one man can build an empire based on lies and bullshit, and that he doesn't have to take any responsibility for his words.

Let me introduce you to our current administration.

Dillo -

And at the next election, you can vote the current politicians out of office. When do people get to vote on radio hosts?

Dillo -

And at the next election, you can vote the current politicians out of office. When do people get to vote on radio hosts?

People 'vote' with their dollars. The people are called 'sponsors'

but why does anyone listen

That's the question. I despair for America. The stupidity and ignorance of so many American people is absolutely mind boggling. It is not the fault of the American education system. Remember, these are the people who hate the American education system, who believe it is a liberal conspiracy, who teach their children to ignore what they are taught in school, who teach them to have nothing but contempt for teachers, etc. There is something really wrong ... chosen ignorance, chosen small mindedness, chosen craziness....

It's hilarious - but also frightening that people believe it.
If Alex Jones is serious, he is truly insane. And yes, it is frightening that people listen to him and believe him. Something is rotten in the US, no doubt about it. There is something rotting; it is the minds of the millions of people who listen to people like Alex Jones and take him seriously.

Last edited:
Dillo -

True - but no one argues that people do listen to nutcases like Alex - the question is WHY people listen to something which is so obviously deranged.

Dillo -

True - but no one argues that people do listen to nutcases like Alex - the question is WHY people listen to something which is so obviously deranged.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXFoOYxMnvg]Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody Sometimes - YouTube[/ame]

Dillo -

Notice, he doesn't 'get' it.

His main demographics are males under the age of 18 and extremists from both the left and right - you know, the kind that live deep in the woods weaing tinfoil hats, convinced that the government is coming to get them because they're special or something...

Who else are you gonna sell gold at artifically inflated prices and custom-made underground bunkers and a 3-year supply of MREs to?

Alex Jones is neither Government Approved nor Corporate Sponsored.

Those are just two reasons why no one should EVER listen to him.

Besides, people should only get upset about what's really important: Professional Sports.

Because people don't buy into corporate funded media and government. He is not trying to make friends with BBC. And I sometimes disagree with his methods but what did he say that was wrong?

AJ is about as fringe as they get. He has very few listeners.

Forum List

Back