Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

If I thought a midget was a rabbit then I would think you were crazy. Thats why I said it depends.

I dont give a shit what you think. You would either pick out the midget or you wouldn't.
Youre getting emotional and you swore you didnt do that. I apologize.

I never swore that I didnt get emotional. Now you're just making shit up again. A real impediment to communication.
You didnt tell me that you dont get bothered by words or something to that effect?

Which is nothing like claiming I didn't get emotional. Your communication skills are sinking fast.
Being bothered is emotional.

so dillo and others can claim that pointing out that slurs offend is a barrier to communication, but really the slur is the initial barrier...a thoughtless wrench thrown into communication.
Why is the initial slur the barrier ?

insulted people are less receptive to the ideal communication you say you'd like...

you can feel free to insult them further by dismissing them as overly sensitive, but doing so by no means facilitates ideal communication...

I dont give a shit what you think. You would either pick out the midget or you wouldn't.

I never swore that I didnt get emotional. Now you're just making shit up again. A real impediment to communication.
You didnt tell me that you dont get bothered by words or something to that effect?

Which is nothing like claiming I didn't get emotional. Your communication skills are sinking fast.

and ???

so dillo and others can claim that pointing out that slurs offend is a barrier to communication, but really the slur is the initial barrier...a thoughtless wrench thrown into communication.

insulted people are less receptive to the ideal communication you say you'd like...

you can feel free to insult them further by dismissing them as overly sensitive, but doing so by no means facilitates ideal communication...

Hold on----it's not me seeking this utopian conversation. That would be the guy who cant pick a midget out of the crowd,

and ???
Never mind. Its not important.

What part of that is confusing?
Nothing----it's a question. See if you can answer it.
You were asked not me. I dont understand why you think offending someone helps communication.

Hold on----it's not me seeking this utopian conversation. That would be the guy who cant pick a midget out of the crowd,
Yes it is you. Did you not understand my question?

You were asked not me. I dont understand why you think offending someone helps communication.

I never said it did. Does telling people that they are using incorrect words help communication ?

I never said it did. Does telling people that they are using incorrect words help communication ?
I read your mind when you said it was ok to use words that offend people.

there's another real life example in the news this week..the type which the anti-pc crowd love to cry about.

an nba player in the heat of the moment, as he was being ejected from the game by a ref, the player lashed out and called the ref a fucking faggot. which could hypothetically happen to any ref but this ref just so happens to be homosexual.

everyone who heard it was like, whoa did he really just say that..? to him??

naturally social media, as an organic microcosm of human reaction to current events, was atwittah with opinions of the player who made the slur. the player eventually made a public apology for the slur.

Rondo deeply sorry for gay slur to ref

this is what some people are offended over as too "PC".

back in the day people could call others fucking faggots in public and those were the days!

the rabid anti-pc crowd long for the good old days when no one said a peep over such slurs.

aww isn't the PC so awful and oppressive.. well, too fucking bad!

there's another real life example in the news this week..the type which the anti-pc crowd love to cry about.

an nba player in the heat of the moment, as he was being ejected from the game by a ref, the player lashed out and called the ref a fucking faggot. which could hypothetically happen to any ref but this ref just so happens to be homosexual.

naturally social media, as an organic microcosm of human reaction to current events, was atwittah with opinions of the player who made the slur. the player eventually made a public apology for the slur.

back in the day people could call others fucking faggots in public and those were the days!

the rabid anti-pc crowd long for the good old days when no one said a peep over such slurs.

Where did someone say this apology was too PC ?

First 3 comments of the first site I looked at.

The Kings' Rajon Rondo offers a new apology for using homophobic slur

elephant 3

He was out of line to go off on the man on the court.. but if he feels that way, then grow balls and admit it. Everyone has a right to feel the way they do on this subject.

finfantilend

it never ceases to amaze me how people get so offended by words. there will always be hate in this world. agree that the law should protect from violence and hate crimes..but to protect from words? waah. mature adults acting like elementary kids. don't want to hurt anyones little feelings! isn't this the same country that has the ugliest dog contest? wow, thats not very friendly to the poor dog who can't control how he looks.

Hairy Bagel

This dumb politically correct b.s. has to end sometime. If the ref wasnt gay would he be owed an apology? If the ref wasnt gay and he called him names but not gay slurs would be even talking about this? Who cares. Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you remember? What is the big deal enough of this nonsense already.

it's the same exact type thing as donald stern, paula deen, duck dynasty, imus and the nappy headed hoes, etc.. this very same principle that so upsets the rabid anti-pc crowd. as if rondo's life could potentially be ruined by the "PC" reaction to his slur.

The answer to the OP question depends on how we define what is and what is not deemed "politically correct."

Here is but one example:

When police have shot and killed some black criminal suspects, the roar from the crowd (not just blacks, either) goes up "Black lives matter!"

Well duh. OF COURSE black lives matter. So do the lives of police officers and whites and Latinos and Asians and so forth.

It is so crystal clear, in fact, that "ALL lives matter" that a Democrat candidate even verbalized that absolutely obvious sentiment using that very phrase. He said "All lives matter." (Martin O'Malley said it.)

He got immediately and roundly and soundly castigated by the liberal hordes.

It got so bad that he found it "necessary" to APOLOGIZE for having had the temerity to SAY it.

-- http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/martin-omalley-all-lives-matter/

When we have reached a point that political correctness somehow compels an "apology" for saying something that is flatly true, then political correctness is itself a thing that needs to go.

First 3 comments of the first site I looked at.

The Kings' Rajon Rondo offers a new apology for using homophobic slur

elephant 3

He was out of line to go off on the man on the court.. but if he feels that way, then grow balls and admit it. Everyone has a right to feel the way they do on this subject.

finfantilend

it never ceases to amaze me how people get so offended by words

will always be hate in this world. agree that the law should protect from violence and hate crimes..but to protect from words? waah. mature adults acting like elementary kids. don't want to hurt anyones little feelings! isn't this the same country that has the ugliest dog contest? wow, thats not very friendly to the poor dog who can't control how he looks.

Hairy Bagel

This dumb politically correct b.s. has to end sometime. If the ref wasnt gay would he be owed an apology? If the ref wasnt gay and he called him names but not gay slurs would be even talking about this? Who cares. Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt you remember? What is the big deal enough of this nonsense already.

Have you sent the ref some flowers to help him recover. If you really cared you would.

Forum List

Back