Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

We've been thru this before-----you know full well what I mean when I use a politically incorrect word. There is no barrier to communication other than you being a self righteous asshole.
You're pretending you can read minds again. It may be your opinion that that someone understands what you are saying when you use a politically incorrect term but the reality is you dont know at all.

Of course there is a barrier to communication. In the example provided there would cease to be any communication.

you know what a midget is right ?
Can you tell me what I understand when you say the word midget?

I just asked you------do you know what one is or don't you ? This is very simple
Well if you just asked me then that means you have no idea what I understand when you use the term midget. Does that make sense to you now?

no because you didnt answer me. Do you know what a midget is ? If the were a group of people and I asked you to pick out the midget could you ?

no because you didnt answer me. Do you know what a midget is ? If the were a group of people and I asked you to pick out the midget could you ?
So because I didnt answer you then you have no idea what I understand when you use a politically incorrect term as you claimed earlier. Does that help you a little now?

Classic.......You know full well what a midget is and won't admit it. That my friend is an impediment to communication.

Classic.......You know full well what a midget is and won't admit it. That my friend is an impediment to communication.
Youre pretending you can read my mind again because you cant accept reality. Our definitions of what a midget is and the emotional impact of that word are probably very different. In fact the odds against it being the same are astronomically high.

mid·get
ˈmijit/
noun
offensive
noun: midget; plural noun: midgets
  1. 1.
    an extremely or unusually small person.
    synonyms: small person, dwarf, homunculus, Lilliputian, halfling, gnome, pygmy;
    informalshrimp
    "the inhabitants must have been midgets"
adjective
adjective: midget
  1. 1.
    very small.
    "a midget submarine"
    synonyms: diminutive, dwarfish, petite, very small, pygmy;More
    informalpint-sized, peewee
    "a story about midget matadors"
    miniature, pocket, dwarf, baby, mini
    "a midget camera"
    antonyms: giant
Origin
upload_2015-12-16_11-40-50.png

mid 19th century: from midge + -et1.
Translate midget to
Use over time for: midget

mid·get
ˈmijit/
noun
offensive
  1. 1.
    informalshrimp
adjective
  1. 1.
    very small.
    "a midget submarine"
    "a midget camera"
Origin
View attachment 57006
Translate midget to
See? Thats not the image that comes to my mind at all.

mid·get
ˈmijit/
noun
offensive
  1. 1.
    informalshrimp
adjective
  1. 1.
    very small.
    "a midget submarine"
    "a midget camera"
Origin
View attachment 57006
Translate midget to

I guess you already knew what one was then if an image came to your mind but instead of admitting it you played silly word games. The answer was-- "yes--I know what one is"

mid·get
ˈmijit/
noun
offensive
  1. 1.
    informalshrimp
adjective
  1. 1.
    very small.
    "a midget submarine"
    "a midget camera"
Origin
View attachment 57006
Translate midget to

I guess you already knew what one was then if an image came to your mind but instead of admitting it you played silly word games. The answer was-- "yes--I know what one is"
I never said I didnt know what a midget was. I said you dont have a clue what it is I understand when you use that word. Does that make sense to you?

mid·get
ˈmijit/
noun
offensive
  1. 1.
    informalshrimp
adjective
  1. 1.
    very small.
    "a midget submarine"
    "a midget camera"
Origin
View attachment 57006
Translate midget to

I never said I didnt know what a midget was. I said you dont have a clue what it is I understand when you use that word. Does that make sense to you?

Semantic hell. Of course everyone has there own unique perception of things but I bet if there were 3 people standing in a row and I said I'll give you $100 bucks if you can pick out the midget you would do it in a heart beat.

mid·get
ˈmijit/
noun
offensive
  1. 1.
    informalshrimp
adjective
  1. 1.
    very small.
    "a midget submarine"
    "a midget camera"
Origin
View attachment 57006
Translate midget to

Semantic hell. Of course everyone has there own unique perception of things but I bet if there were 3 people standing in a row and I said I'll give you $100 bucks if you can pick out the midget you would do it in a heart beat.
So if everyone has their own unique perception of things then how would you know what they are thinking when you say midget?

BTW you would need to offer way more than $100.

mid·get
ˈmijit/
noun
offensive
  1. 1.
    informalshrimp
adjective
  1. 1.
    very small.
    "a midget submarine"
    "a midget camera"
Origin
View attachment 57006
Translate midget to

So if everyone has their own unique perception of things then how would you know what they are thinking when you say midget?

DOH---because you would pick the midget out to get $100. Simple.

I would? How do you know that? Your assuming $100 is a lot to me which it isnt. See your perception of things is nothing like mine. Youre really bad about pretending you know things.

So getting back to the point. If everyone has their own perception why would you think they would understand what you mean?

I would? How do you know that? Your assuming $100 is a lot to me which it isnt. See your perception of things is nothing like mine. Youre really bad about pretending you know things.

Oh lord. I assume you might be willing to try to achieve a goal by communicating but if you refuse to play naturally the goal cannot be reached

Oh lord. I assume you might be willing to try to achieve a goal by communicating but if you refuse to play naturally the goal cannot be reached
What do you mean naturally? Do you mean as you view the world? You do realize your usage of "naturally" implies a subjective view dont you?

We're walking down the street and I say " I'll give you $100 bucks if you can point out the midget to me " .

How will you respond ?

mid·get
ˈmijit/
noun
offensive
  1. 1.
    informalshrimp
adjective
  1. 1.
    very small.
    "a midget submarine"
    "a midget camera"
Origin
View attachment 57006
Translate midget to

I could use $100. Post a pic! I'll play!

Forum List

Back